Tuesday, April 18

Top Ten Things That Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book


Okay, you guys, today's Top Ten Tuesday (weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) topic? One of the most interesting and coolest ones I've ever done, so I'm EXCITED. I'm not 1000% sure how others are crafting their lists, but I'm going to share with you ten things that make want to pick up a book instantly, which is not to say that I'll actually pick up these books. 

Instead of going into a long explanation about why I'm attracted to these things in books, I'm going to share with you two examples in each category that I picked up for that very reason and that I loved. All the books listed are 4 and 5 star reads, so they come highly recommended. READ THEM.

The reasons are in no particular order. 



WRITTEN BY A POPULAR AUTHOR I HAVE NOT TRIED YET

 


EACH BOOK OF A SERIES FEATURES NEW MAIN CHARACTER(S)

 


HAS BELOVED SHIPS I'VE SEEN AROUND THE COMMUNITY

 


WRITTEN BY ONE OF MY FAVE AUTHORS

 

DIVERSE CAST OF CHARACTERS

 


MORALLY GRAY CHARACTERS

 


SET OUTSIDE THE US

 


BADASS FEMALE MC

 


BEAUTIFUL COVER

 


HYPE

 


HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE NOVELS? AREN'T THEY FANTASTIC?? LET'S FANGIRL/FANBOY TOGETHER!
WHAT THINGS MAKE YOU IMMEDIATELY WANT TO READ A BOOK? SHARE!

17 comments:

  1. Face it. It is hard to resist lots of book, huh? I looked at your list and thought yes, yes, yes, then realized that it is your ten, plus everyone elses ten which means I amnot very picky. Ha! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, so true! So many wonderful concepts and ideas out there that I NEED in my life.

      Delete
  2. I love these categories! I always like trying popular authors that are new to me. And rotating main characters. Loved school for Unusual Girls BTW, awesome book. Just read an ARC of the third one and it's awesome.

    Beautiful covers too, love that one for Under Rose- Tainted Skies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love trying new but popular authors. I think that Hype contributes quite a lot to my TBR list as well, but definitely not as much as friend/blogger recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like these ideas. I never thought about some of them too much but yeah its true that is a favorite aspect to me. Great picks! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I love reading books by a popular author I haven't read yet (and there are a lot of them)! I also love when characters are morally gray, I like characters to feel realistic and when they're all good or all bad they just don't for me. I want some depth there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the thing that makes me want to read a book the most is the hype. I buy into it so much and I like to think that it most of the time pays off?? But otherwise, a diverse cast of characters is always a big seller for me as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Set outside the US why didn't I think of that, nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love so many of these! Morally gray characters, outside the US, and diversity are some that I absolutely love but forgot to put on my list.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do love a good morally grey character, badass female MC, beautiful covers and diverse characters! I had outside the US on my list but then I replaced it with something else. Still something that would make me pick up a book though.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/top-ten-tuesday-103/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness yes all of these!! Recently, I've been especially loving the morally gray character and the new MC in every book in a series. I love seeing new perspectives and reading about characters who aren't the sweetest person in the world. Lovely list, Veronika!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, yes! Set outside the US. I do always like those too, and series with new main characters (I didn't think of that either). Great stuff.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE connected stories that have different leads. Not every story needs to be 3 full novels! And the same goes for having a group of leads. I usually find that I don't like one of the leads but I can find someone to love within the group and that helps keep me interested.

    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. The beautiful cover one is SUCH a guilty pleasure xD but it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If it's by one of my favorite authors it's a given that I'm going to read it. I don't even have to read the synopsis. :) Or if an author gets compared to my favorite author... I'm there. And I admit it, I'm a sucker for a gorgeous cover, too. :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morally gray characters made my list too! McGinnis is quickly becoming one of my new favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore morally grey characters. I've not had the best luck reading books with lots of hype but it hasn't stopped me from trying them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)