Tuesday, January 31

Top Ten Jaw-Dropping Covers of 2017


Hi, everyone! Today's Top Ten Tuesday (a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) topic is all about our favorite graphic novels, comics or picture books... but, I don't read any of these. I FEEL SO LEFT OUT. *sad face* 

I could, basically, choose from two options: a) stick to the official topic and leave this post blank, because I'm just not interested in these types of novels, or b) do something else. Obviously, I went with the second option, but to stay on the graphic-track, I decided to pick the ten most gorgeous, absolutely jaw-dropping covers of 2017. 

Beware, this post is damn pleasing to look at, and can result in massive amount of sadness and frustration over not being able to get these in your hands right now. 
You've been warned.

*as per usual, just click on the covers for Goodreads page*


TOP TEN JAW-DROPPING COVERS OF 2017

 

Look at that gorgeous, cover The Disappearances is sporting - it's literal perfection. Artsy, intriguing and actually seems to fit the story as far as we know it. I LOVE THAT, OK. 

Windfall's cover is maybe the most simple one from all that I've listed, but I couldn't leave it out, because THOSE COLORS together are everything. I love how you look at it, and immediately know that it's a Contemporary. THAT'S WHAT I WANT FROM MY COVERS.

 

Both Moira Fowley Doyle (author of The Accident Season) and Heather Demetrios (author of I'll Meet You There) have been making us wait for another book by them FOR THE LONGEST TIME. So, of course, it makes me happy that they're coming back with kickass-sounding stories AND two of the most beautiful covers of the year. I like not being let down, THANK YOU to whoever designed these beauties. 

 

I was so, so, SO ecstatic when I saw how freakishly pretty Blood Rose Rebellion's cover is, because this is literally the only novel I know of that takes place in Hungary. Obviously, I'm incredibly excited, because I live in Hungary, I love Fantasy and the cover, so this is a match made in heaven. Don't argue me.

Simplistic covers are usually a hit or miss for me, but I absolutely adore Dividing Eden's. To be honest, any cover that uses black and white so beautifully together goes onto my shelf, no exceptions.

 

Dark colors combined together fantastically?? Gimmie! I'll admit that the more I look at The Breathless, the less I like its cover - don't even ask why - but Caraval keeps impressing me each and every time I see it, especially because it looks so damn #glittery.

 

The Beat and the Nightingale is one of those designs that immediately grabbed my attention, which is strange, because a) it looks a bit Middle Grade-ish, and b) super-colorful designs like this aren't usually my type. BUT THIS ONE LOOKS SO INTRIGUING, RIGHT? It makes me want to dive into the book and find out if there's any significance to these beautiful graphics.

Rebels Like Us's cover features models showing their faces, which is yet another pet peeve of mine, but, again, it works perfectly here, because it doesn't look fake, at all. Like, when you see a cover and it looks like the models were trying too hard? THIS ISN'T LIKE THAT AT ALL. The whole scene looks so natural and fun, as a group of friends hanging out should look like. Also, I love pink and purple, so.. :P 

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

   

LET'S CHAT: 

Have you read/ are you interested in any of these novels? What are your favorite covers of 2017? 

18 comments:

  1. I love the covers you chose! The Wicked Like Wildflower is my favourite. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That one's soo pretty! I need to read sg by that author asap.

      Delete
  2. You definitely picked some good ones! I like Windfall and Spellbook of the Lost and Found, and I like Rebels Like Us too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So many pretty covers in 2017, right? *heart eyes*

      Delete
  3. I just love that Caraval cover!! Whoever designed that needs to come design my blog lol! I also really love The Hate U Give. It's simple but makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, mine too, for sure. So pretty and dark. *.* That's exactly what I love in THUG's cover.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for Moira Fowley-Doyle's next novel! :D

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! The Accident Season was so twisty and unique. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice book covers indeed!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-eleven-coffee-table.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Covers!
    I did not do a list today for myself, I asked my daughter if she wanted to help and list her favorite books!
    I never read a comic book.So The only ones I read were the VA and Percy Jackson graphic novels. But we did something a little different. Allyson added some comics she read on her list.
    Also check out our easy to enter Valentine's giveaway!



    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pickes, I really like the cover for Dividing Eden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pass me a bowl... I'm drooling. :) I love the cover for Bad Romance and I'm so excited for that one. The cover of Dividing Eden totally gives me a Game of Thrones vibe... I just keep picturing the iron throne. I recently had The Bear and the Nightingale out from the library but it had a different cover. Unfortunately I set it aside after 30 pages or so because it was starting so slowly and I was already feeling slumpish. I'm sure I'll try it again another time.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, me too, I'm so happy Heather Demetrios is coming back with a contemporary novel. Coincidentally, I've recently read The Bear and the Nightingale and enjoyed it pretty well - it was a bit different from what I expected, but good nonetheless. Hope you'll like it if you pick it up again.

      Delete
  9. I love the cover for Blood Rose Rebellion! So excited about the Hungary setting too, never read a book set in Hungary before.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/top-ten-tuesday-94/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty right?? Me too! My hopes for it are sky-high.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)