Thursday, December 29

Crazy Good Books I Read in 2016


HI ALL OF YOU, GORGEOUS PEOPLE.  I'm here with some crazily, unbelievably awesome books today - THE BEST I'VE READ IN 2016. Is that exciting, or what?? 

I've read 179 books, with the average rating of 3.9, so I think I can say 2016 was a good year for me reading wise. I found tons of new favorites, including Cat Winters and Simone St. James, and finally managed to finish the Psy-Changeling series, and became incredibly obsessed with it - like, so much so that I reread some of the novels around five times this year. #crazy

And yeah, I encountered with plenty of books that greatly disappointed me, but the highlights of the year way over-shine these any day.


Here's what has happened in my 2016 recap so far:


Without further ado, let's jump right into the pool of the coolest, most unique and overall amazing I've read this past year.


ABSOLUTE FAVES OF 2016:
aka the books I scream about 24/7

BEST IN STANDALONES:

   
   
    
   
   



BEST FIRST-IN-A-SERIES NOVELS:

    
  

BEST SEQUELS:

        
   


BEST IN REREADS:

   


OUTSTANDING 4-STAR READS:
(the ones that - despite a few problems - were freakishly unique and deserve a shout-out)

   
   
    
   

HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE NOVELS? WHAT WERE YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2016? ANYTHING SUPER-DUPER AH-MA-ZING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?

14 comments:

  1. OMG "The Last Time We Say Goodbye" literally had me sobbing for AN HOUR after reading the last page! It just hit such a personal spot for me, it was unreal!! And I NEVER cry in books or movies. I'm so happy to see it on this list! I've also been wanting to read "Cinder and Ella" for the longest time so I might have to pick up the pace and read it already 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry that hit so close to home, but glad it managed to touch you at the same time. (Does that make sense?) What truly hit me in that novel was Hand's words at the end. I was so close to crying and I very rarely cry on books. YESS, READ CINDER & ELLA!! Fun, cute, emotional, meaningful - just a few words about it to convince you. :P

      Delete
  2. So many great picks!! I reread The Last Time We Say Goodbye this year and I'd completley forgotten how good it was.The Book Thief was also some kind of different amazing from all the other books I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Both of these are so damn emotional and beautifully written and argh, just too perfect, aren't they? *flails*

      Delete
  3. 179! That's insane, well done! I read about 104 :') How many are you planning on reading in 2017? There are a few on your list that I've read too but you've just made me throw a bunch of new titles (new to me anyway) onto my TBR list. I've had my eye on Uprooted for a few weeks now, glad you enjoyed it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! 104 is freaking impressive, too, so congrats! <33 Well, I'm going to aim for a 100, because I'll try to put more energy and effort into uni stuff, instead of reading in my study time. :P UPROOTED IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!! Read it, please! :D

      Delete
  4. OOH ANIMAL FARM!! I remember really liking that book - it was weird and cool and just something I had never read before! It's also good to see that you liked Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard - I need to read that book soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's so different from everything I've ever read before. Magnus #2 was AWESOME! Plot-wise I liked the first novel more, but the characters were so much more interesting and complex and well-developed in this one. Hope you'll love it!

      Delete
  5. THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD BOOKS IN THIS LIST. Cinder & Ella, Under Rose-Tainted Skies, Illuminae, Mistborn... and a bunch of others that I am reading soon. Dude, awesome reading year! I actually got to 150 books myself so I'm pretty pleased :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?? 2016 was a pretty fantastic year for me reading-wise - I found so many gorgeous novels. *heart eyes* Really, really hope you'll enjoy the ones that are on your tbr! Eek, CONGRATS!! That's awesome! :D

      Delete
  6. Pardon me while I'm still in awe that you read 179 books this year! :) I loved Killing Sarai and need to pick up Reviving Izabel SOON! I don't know why I haven't continued with that series yet! Onyx, Opal and Origin - yes, yes and YES! (No Opposition included?) What an awesome year in reading you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, can't believe you could wait for Reviving Izabel AFTER THAT ENDING. You're strong. *awed gasp* Opposition just didn't live up to the rest, in my opinion, please don't kill me. *hides* It was a strong 4-star read, though!

      Delete
  7. SO MANY BOOKS!! Congratulations on 179!! I still haven't read A Madness so Discreet or Yesternight but I'm hoping I'll be able to next year. Here's to a wonderful 2017!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Eek, hope you'll get around to reading them in 2017, because I'm super-excited to hear your thoughts on them!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)