Tuesday, November 29

The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Book Lovers


Hello everyone! Christmas is less than a month away, people, LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY. I'm giddy with excitement, tremendously so, because it's finally time for picking out the perfect presents for your friends and family. Going shopping is one of my favorite parts of Christmas after all the FOOD, though shopping and eating can be done together so it's not like they exclude each other, right? 

As booklovers, we'd love to gift books to anyone and everyone, and I'm preeety sure it is possible to give a book they'd love to most people. In today's post, I'm going to concentrate on those of you who'd like to get some YA Fiction for their friends/family, and will be recommending various YA titles in different genres (like horror, contemporary etc.). Obviously, there are some that fit into various genres. :)


Hope you'll find this fun, little gift guide of mine helpful for Christmas!


HORROR/THRILLER:
For those friends who need a good scare to avoid all the cheesy touchy-feely stuff that comes with Christmas. UGH.

  

CONTEMPORARY:
For those who hate hate HATE the winter & need something cute and fun to warm up their hearts.

  

MENTAL ILLNESS:
For those friends who'd like to learn more about certain mental-illnesses, or are dealing with similar problems to the characters.

  

MYSTERY:
For those whose mind never stops working - not even at vacation time - and so they could use a mystery that needs to be solved.

  

HISTORICAL FICTION: 
For those who'd like to take a trip to a past era.

  

RETELLING:
For those of your friends who are ready to revisit some of their childhood favorites... in a different guise.

  

FINISHED SERIES:
For those who despise waiting for the next in the series, and always aim for binge-reading.

  

ADAPTATIONS:
For the friends who prefer movies over reading... but are ready to try some books that great movies are based off on.

  

FANTASY:
For those who are bored of our everyday world and would like to explore some totes cool fantasy ones instead.

  

DIVERSE:
For those who a 1000% stand with diversity.

  

CHRISTMAS-THEMED
For those of your friends who are really feeling the holiday spirit.

  

Have you read ANY of these novels?
Also, I'm excited to hear what books (or whatever else) would YOU like to receive this Christmas?

10 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm so glad to see Kelly Oram on your list. I really enjoyed The Avery Shaw experiment when I read it years ago, and I just read Cinder & Ella and loved it. Such an underrated author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! YES, she writes such cute stories, but they also have a deeper meaning and are just overall awesome, so I really wish she's get more publicity.

      Delete
  2. Amazing list! I'm going to have to show my parents this list for when they're looking for Christmas presents for me lol! I can't believe I still haven't read The Scorpio Races! Maggie is so good at what she does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, glad I could help with your potential Christmas presents. :D WHAT? You need to read that RIGHT NOW. One of the best books ever.

      Delete
  3. Great suggestions. First time to your site and I LOVE your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing list! So much love for Cat Winters! And I really, really need to read My Lady Jane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! YESS YOU DO NEED TO. One of the bestest books ever.

      Delete
  5. I love giving books for gifts, but I hardly ever do it. I'm always worried that they already have it or just aren't into the genre or plot. I love this list though! My Lady Jane has been a favorite of mine since I read it, and is for sure on my list of books to give people for Christmas or birthdays. I have only read a few of these, but a lot of them are on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely stressful to give books - I usually make my friends make a wishlist or something to be able to gift them books lol. Yess, My Lady Jane is so fun and awesome - I want to give it to everyone I know lol. Hope you'll enjoy the ones that are on your TBR. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)