Tuesday, November 8

Cooler Than Cool New Books on My TBR List



(weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)

Hello sweeties. It's been so freakishly long since my last Top Ten Tuesday post, and I'm SO GLAD to be back with such a great topic. 

I add many, many novels to my tbr every week, but end up deleting more than half of them just as soon... right after the first excitement is over. However, I strongly believe that you all can tell me some about these books, with that helping me out to stay excited for them, or, on the contrary, convince me they aren't worth my time and money. 

Hopefully, I'll have a bit of free time in the close future, because I can't wait to see YOUR lists - I love to flood my tbr with new books, bc it's not long enough already. :/

Now without further ado, here are - 




Ten Books I've Recently Added to My TBR
as of October 16

   

The Haunting of Sunshine Girl promises a kind of typical, but still enjoyable ghost story about Sunshine, (what a name, damn) a 16-year-old girl who experiences strange happenings in her new house. Sounds incredibly clichéd, but I'm still into the premise - for one, I kinda love the haunted house trope, despite how overused it is. Also, with over 5000 ratings, it still has a 3.86 overall rating on Goodreads, which isn't so bad for a horror novel, am I right? And the cover is so pretty. *-*

Reconstructing Amelia is about a mother who's just lost her teen-aged daughter, Amelia, and finds the circumstances surrounding her death very suspicious. She decides to dig deep into Amelia's life in hopes of uncovering the truth. Ever since Gone Girl I've been eager to find a great adult mystery and I feel like this might just be it! Fingers crossed. 

Nevernight, oh how much I've heard about Nevernight! To tell you the truth, I don't know much about the story, but I've been meaning to read something else by Jay Kristoff after Illuminae swept me off my feet. Next to that, I heard this is really bloody and brutal, with a heroine who is both those things. Sound fantastic, right?

The Turn of the Screw while has a pretty terrible overall rating still fascinates me. From the reviews I gathered that the mindfuck was real with this one, and that the opinions really differ from each other - some adored it, while others loathed it. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ALL THIS CONTROVERSY IS ABOUT.


  

Bird Box sounds freakishly unique, as it's about this monster that everyone absolutely fears, because anyone who looks at it is driven to deadly violence. Malorie and her two children try to find a better, a safer place, even if the only way they can go out is with a blind-fold on... TALK ABOUT INTRIGUING. So here we have some kind of monster that could look any freaking way, so OF COURSE, I'm sure everyone thinks of the worst possible creature they can picture. Also, to go somewhere without actually seeing anything?? Is there anything creepier than that? Omg, need this in my life!

Kiss Cam sounds uber-cute, but I'm sure it could also be a total disaster, so I'm pretty afraid of this one. Two best friends who make videos together make out various times... for the views... and then start to feel something more for each other than just friendship. *wink wink* SOUNDS SO 21ST CENTURY RIGHT? (I wouldn't know, though, because this has zero resemblance to my actual life, BUT WHATEVER.)

Paper Princess tells the story of Ella who spent her life travelling from town to town with her mother, trying to make ends meet. When her mother dies she is taken in by this rich-ass man, Callum Royal, and goes to live in the Royal's mansion with his 5 sons. I can't help it, I love Cinderella-esque stories, and this one sounds so unique. My only fear is a terrible love triangle. 

  

Mechanica is a Cinderalla retelling that is giving me serious Cinder vibes, as this MC is also a mechanic (SUCH A SURPRISE AFTER THAT TITLE, I KNOW). I literally don't know anything else about this - I've read various reviews, but I have the worst freaking bookamnesia and review-amnesia (yep, that's a thing now) EVER - but the cover and what little I remember is enough for me to buy this.

The Disappearances sounds like one of the most unique novels EVER, here's a small part of the blurb - "
Sterling is a place with mysteries of its own. A place where the experiences that weave life together--scents of flowers and food, reflections from mirrors and lakes, even the ability to dream--vanish every seven years."
HOW GOOD DOES THAT SOUND?? OMG. Unfortunately, this will only come out in JULY, which is ridiculous - HOW on Earth will I wait for this beauty for that long?? *sobs*

Windfall is another yet unpublished novel (it'll come out in May, if you're wondering) that sounds super-duper-incredible. It's about two best friends, Alice and Teddy, and it sounds so typical AT FIRST with Alice pining after Teddy and all, but THEN BAMM Teddy wins the lottery, and - of fucking course - that changes both of their lives. At first all's fine, but soon they start to drift apart and the money starts to seem like the worst of luck. IDK about you, but I've never ever read a book - a YA book, mind you - about someone winning the lottery, which is, yeah, rare, but it happens & I'm interested in seeing how Jennifer E. Smith will deal with the consequences of getting loads of money out of the blue at such a young age.


Tell me, have you guys read ANY of these novels? Do you plan to?
Any AMAZING book you've found recently that you can't wait to read? :)

26 comments:

  1. I feel like Henry James in general is very love it or hate it! I actually really liked The Turn of the Screw plus it's really short and quick to read! I added Nevernight to my TBR for pretty much the same reasons as you and I still have yet to read it! I definitely want to before the end of the year though!
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you say that, bc I've just got a copy of it and can't wait to dive into it (though I definitely have various other books to read before, so WHO KNOWS when that will happen). Me too, because I'm so excited & really want to join to the people who praise it all the time. :D

      Delete
  2. Love that your list is a mix of a little of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I feel about Nevernight yet! I've seen so many people rave about it, but I haven't read anything by Jay Kristoff so I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea? But his books look really cool and I really want to give on a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not expert, obviously think maybe this one - or Illuminae, though, of course, that one's only partly written by him - would be the best way to start, bc these seem to be the most popular ones? IDK. Hope you'll like them if you end up trying them!

      Delete
  4. Paper Princess is on my TBR list too. I've heard that the series is really good. Hope you have a great week!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope it's as good as people make it sound out to be! It sounds great anyhow. You too! :)

      Delete
  5. Nevernight is the only Jay Kristoff I've read and I adored it. Yes, it's quite violent but it's the emotional wallops that really blew me away.

    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, you all make me so excited to read it! I feel like most people have totally positive things to say about it.

      Delete
  6. Reconstructing Amelia has been on my TBR for years. I'm starting to think I'm just not going to get to it. However, Papaer Princess is one I hope to get to soon! I have several friends who keep raving about how addictive it is.

    Tanya @ GIRL PLUS BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just found that one due to how gorgeous the Hungarian cover is haha. I'm so excited for Paper Princess, bc as far as I know all the books are released, so that'll make for a great binge-reading experience!

      Delete
  7. I want to read The Bird Box! It seems like I am always adding books to my ever growing reading wishlist after reading TTT threads like this week's TTT post.

    Here's my TTT post for the week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/11/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-ive-added-to.html

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, SAME, and I haven't even been able to check out that many lists this week, but everyone's been discovering such great books! I love this. :D

      Delete
  8. ooooo The Disappearances sounds really good! Also the Paper Princess :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Can't believe it'll only come out in July. *sobs*

      Delete
  9. I hadn't heard about Windfall before but now I'm very intrigued. The idea of a teenager winning lottery sounds like PROBLEM to me, but I'm very excited about the drama, hahah.
    Bird Box sounds like a very unique book indeed, but my friend read it and didn't like the ending that much. I don't know how to feel about it, then, hahah. I'll probably pick it up in the future and see how I feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that definitely screams problem, but that's just what I'm looking for in this one - though, I do hope everything will be solved, bc I love happy endings haha.
      AND NOW YOU HAVE ME WORRIED haha. Hopefully, the ending will work for us more than it did for your friend. :)

      Delete
  10. I hope you get a chance to read all of these. Bird Box is on my TBR list, too.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you'll enjoy that one! :)

      Delete
  11. I really enjoyed Reconstructing Amelia- I think it is a great mix of stories and would definitely appeal to someone who typically reads YA or wants a thriller. I hope you enjoy it!

    My TTT: http://girlaboutlibrary.blogspot.com/2016/11/ten-books-i-recently-added-to-my-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, thanks for the 'encouragement' - now I'm even more excited for it! :)

      Delete
  12. I need to read Nevernight! It sounds great!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paper Princess is pretty good! There are some graphic scenes, but it's really addictive, and don't worry, there isn't really a love triangle at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you said just made me ahead on my tbr - it definitely sounds awesome, and the love triangle was the only thing making me hesitant. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)