Tuesday, November 22

5 Things I'm Thankful For + 5 Authors I'm Thankful For


Hi lovelies. Today's Top Ten Tuesday (weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) topic is a Thanksgiving Freebie. After I gave this topic some thought I decided it was best if I listed 5 authors I'm really, really thankful for, because they're just so talented, and this is a book blog, after all. However, I wanted to do something different as well, which basically resumed in me sharing 5 things I'm truly thankful for in life. #deepaf

Hope you'll enjoy both lists, and, as always, don't forget to share with me your TTTs in the comment section below. :)

*my picks are in no particular order*



5 Authors I'm Super-Duper Thankful For
because they were the bestest novels EVER and are total QUEENS

1. Maggie Stiefvater

IS ANYONE AT ALL SURPRISED BY THIS? I'm pretty sure her novels are some of the most mentioned ones in my Top Ten Tuesday posts - be that because I'm praising the characters, the writing, the plot or literally any part of the books because they're fucking perfect. (Well, besides Lament, but I'm willing to overlook that want, so SHH.)

2. Holly Black

She writes the strangest novels IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE, OF COURSE. I love how she can put a totally unique twist to overused ideas, like vampires or fairies. Every single novel (but Doll Bones) I've read by her was freakishly exciting and just pure gold. Don't believe me? Go and read something by her! 

3. Libba Bray

Okay, here's the thing - I've only read the Gemma Doyle trilogy and The Diviners by Libba Bray, but I'm already a HUGE fan of hers. I'm so so SO thankful for her novels, because they helped me get into Historical Fiction. Libba Bray, with her beautiful and accurate portrayal of different historical eras, showed me that HF is, in fact, for me.

4. Cat Winters

Her novels are pure gold, I tell you, pure gold. All of them are Historical Fiction - which, btw, I'd have never picked up if not for Libba Bray - and are spiced up with some paranormal element. Intriguing, atmospheric and creepy are the three words I'd use to describe her works. 

5. Meg Cabot

I've loved to read ever since I was taught how to in first grade, but I've always thought that Meg Cabot novels made me love books. That was the time I started to really care about me choosing what I read and owning at least some of these, instead of reading whatever I could find in my school's library.

5 Things I'm Thankful For in Life

I'm not going to go into detail, because I think all the things I'm thankful for speak for themselves, there's absolutely no need for added information, in my opinion. 

1. I'm thankful I was born into a country where there's no war. 

2. I'm thankful I have the chance to go to school and to become anything I want to be. 

3. I'm thankful for my parents, especially my mom who's always gone above and beyond to give me everything. 

4. I'm thankful for the book blogging community - there are dramas, but I feel like I've finally found many, many people who love reading just as much as I do. 

5. And last, but not least, I'm really thankful I found an as great co-blogger as Ruzi is.

What authors & things in life are YOU thankful for?

5 comments:

  1. Really good list. Maybe I'm the only person who likes "Lament" but its okay. It was my first book of this genre so it's special. Book community is another amazing thing for sure. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Maggie! I'm so thankful that her characters have touched me in a way that will stay! I'm also thankful to you, Veronika! For being one of the bestest blog buddies ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is lovely! I love most of Maggie's books too! She's an incredible author. I liked Lament, but I read it many years ago when it was a new release. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it now.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your author list Holly Black is pretty great, love even more your thankful list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I've only read Maggie Stiefvater but the other are on my to read list.
    I hope you have a lovely holiday!!!
    My TTT  

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)