Tuesday, October 4

The Squad That'll Help Me Conquer the World


Hi sweeties! I'm super-duper excited for today's Top Ten Tuesday (weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) topic. Well, not the actual topic about villains, but the one I came up with instead of that, because I'm usually not the biggest fan of villains. I know, shocking. But here's the thing - I tend to connect strongly with the narrators/main characters who are more likely than not the good guys. And so while I appreciate a complex and nasty villain, I rarely get attached to them. 

However, as world domination is between my long-term plans (watch out for the shy ones, people), I decided it's best if set up a fictional squad before moving on to recruiting members in real life. You know, practice makes perfect and all that shit. 


So, without further ado, here's my squad who - in a well-ordered universe - would help me gain control over the world. 

As I said, most of these characters are NOT villains. That said, they're incredibly badass and, unsurprisingly, more trust-worthy than the bad guys, which is something I need to have in my squad.

And before you go and think that your villain list is cooler - most villains are defeated, these guys, though, will never be. 



Click on the pics for Goodreads. ^^

Also, I'm totally cheating - there are more than one characters listed from the 10 books/series below. But with awesome casts like these, who can blame me? 




1. Izabel, Victor and Fredrick 
from In the Company of Killers series by J. A. Redmerski


2. Sienna, Zaira, Judd, Aden, Vasic & Kaleb 
from the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh

3. Sydney, Victor and Mitch 
from Vicious by V. E. Schwab


4. Kelsier and Vin 

from the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson



5. Kestrel
from the Winner's trilogy by Marie Rutkoski



6. Lila, Barron and Cassel 

from the Curse Workers trilogy by Holly Black



7. Cinder, Kai, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress, Thorne, Winter, Jacin & Iko 

from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer



8. Lilac, Tarver, Jubilee, Flynn, Sofia and Gideon 

from the Starbound series by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner


9. Cat & Vlad
from the Night Huntress Universe by Jeaniene Frost

10. Liraz, Hazael and Akiva
from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy

                                              

So, these guys are the ones I'd go to if it comes to forming a squad that could help me take over the world. Who would YOU pick and why?

Share with me YOUR TTTs in the comments! :)


Don't forget to check out our on-going, Halloween-themed event, with a huge variety of posts, tons of guest-posters and an awesome giveaway!
*click on the pic*

13 comments:

  1. Great choices! I'm especially glad to see Sydney, Victor, and Mitch make your lineup! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're such a great squad already :D

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the characters from the Lunar Chronicles! Great choices. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great choices! Good luck with your world domination plans (and with these guys how could you fail?)! :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, no chance of failing, right? :D

      Delete
  4. I'm sure the Lunar Chronicles would be such a kick ass squad! I've only read Cinder for now, but the rest of the series looks so good! I better get on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You simply MUST continue the series - it only gets better!! (not Winter, but up until)

      Delete
  5. Yes!! Kestrel and the Lunar squad and the Daughter of Smoke and Bone squad are all so awesome! And they've all conquered lands before so you've got the experience part covered :D

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. *adds all of these books to my TBR* I love books with awesome kick butt squads! I can never get enough of them. And yay! Another fan of The Lunar Chronicles! It's one of my absolute favorite series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES TO ALL OF THESE. Sydney, Victor and Mitch are fantastic characters. And the Lunar Chronicles squad is absolutely amazing and I love them so much. <3 The group from the Starbound trilogy is fantastic as well. And, of course, Kestrel could probably outsmart all of us and take over the world all by herself haha. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Vicious squad is a must for any worthy fictional squad to be complete. Also The Lunar Chronicles one is just amazing and the sass would just be off the charts (which is my thing). Great picks, it seems you're ready for world domination now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hell yeah, I'd want the Lunar Chronicles with me if I tried to take over the world! Same with the DoSAB series characters. And omg the company of killers from JA's books - YESSSS. You've gotta have a team of those ruthless and merciless villains, right? I love the twist you put on the topic, Veronika! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)