Thursday, September 8

The Would You Rather Book Tag



Hello everyone! This week we've decided to do a tag with some very anxiety-inducing questions. Would you rather we didn't do it? Can't help it- we've already come up with the most painful answers ever. The things we do for our readers. *sighs* You'd better be grateful is all we say!

WOULD YOU RATHER...

1) ...READ ONLY TRILOGIES OR STANDALONES?

Ruzaika: Standalones, because I don't always have the time or patience for trilogies. 

Veronika: Trilogies, because Fantasy is my preferred genre at the moment, and exceptional world building character development usually requires more than one novel.


2) ...READ ONLY FEMALE OR MALE AUTHORS?

Veronika: Female, simply because the majority of books I've read were written by female authors. This was in no way a conscious choice on my part, rather the fact that I mostly read YA, and a huge percent of YA authors are, indeed, females. That said, I'm not quite sure what I'd do without some of my favorite books that were written by men, like The Catcher in the Rye, A Monster Calls, Percy Jackson or The Final Empire.

Ruzaika: Female, of course- though like Vera said, it's in no way a conscious choice of mine, my list of favorite authors is predominantly females when it comes to YA. Adult novels, though...there are quite a few male authors I wouldn't like to think of missing out on. Gah.


3) ...SHOP AT BARNES & NOBLE OR AMAZON?

Ruzaika: Neither in particular, though when it comes down to choosing between either of these it would have to be Amazon.

Veronika: Amazon - I don't think I've ever even visited the Barnes & Noble web page, and they don't have any shops in Hungary. :(


4) ...ALL BOOKS BECOME MOVIES OR TV SHOWS?

Veronika: Movies, hands down. I don't think there's enough material in most of my favorites to create a tv show based off of them without making serious changes. Plus, I've seen Shadowhunters.

Ruzaika: Movies, of course. I don't usually make time for TV shows (WHAT?! Don't look so baffled). Movies are almost always a better choice because thinking of all the ways things could go wrong, at least with movies the torture would be comparatively short-lived, right? 


5) ...READ 5 PAGES PER DAY OR 5 BOOKS PER WEEK?

Ruzaika: 5 BOOKS PER WEEK FOR SURE. Why is this even a question?

Veronika: Is there any book-lover at all, who wouldn't pick 5 books/week? (1 year ~ 52 weeks, which'd mean 260 books read per year. WOAH, talk about cool.


6) ...BE A PROFESSIONAL REVIEWER OR AUTHOR?

Veronika: I've never desired to become an author, so professional reviewer for sure. It actually really pisses me off when people say stuff like all book bloggers want to be authors. First of all, NOT TRUE. Second of all, why does it bother you if some bloggers do want to become authors? 

Ruzaika: A professional reviewer because I never fancied myself as an author. Sure, I've taken the occasional shot at writing short stories and stuff, but that's more a curiosity of whether I'd be able to do it rather than an a wholehearted attempt at being a writer. 


7) ...ONLY READ YOUR TOP 20 FAVORITE BOOKS OVER AND OVER OR ALWAYS READ NEW ONES THAT YOU HAVEN'T READ BEFORE?

Ruzaika: I don't do much rereading these days- I used to do ONLY that way back in my teens, tbh. But now I've become greedy and I want to read ALL THE BOOKS, so new ones I haven't read before it is!

Veronika: Read new ones that I haven't read before. I love rereading, but I wouldn't give up on tons and tons of potential new favorites just for the sake of rereading my 20 favorites - who can even pick just 20 faves!? - over and over again. Reading would become boring then, and I can't have that. :P

8) ...BE A LIBRARIAN OR A BOOKSELLER?

Veronika: I'd rather be a bookseller, because I'm pretty sure they receive all kinds of discounts on books. 

Ruzaika: Both are like dream jobs to me, but these past few days I've seriously considered being a bookseller- I kid you not- and as unlikely as it is, I'd love to be one! 

9) ...ONLY READ YOUR FAVORITE GENRE OR EVERY GENRE EXCEPT YOUR FAVORITE?

Ruzaika: My favorite genre is "nothing" (I tend to lean more towards contemporary, but shh...!!) and so when it come down to a choice between nothing and all the genres... of course I'd pick the latter! *sniggers*

Veronika: Here's the thing - I don't really have a favorite genre, as I'm an awfully big mood reader and my favorite type of books change all the freaking time. I guess, I'd rather read books from every genre except for my favorite? Because I generally get bored off a genre after the nth book, but this way, I'd have to exclude only one genre from all... chances, I'd pick another favorite in a month's time.


10) ...ONLY READ PHYSICAL BOOKS OR EBOOKS?

Veronika: Ebooks. *hides in shame* I prefer physical copies, but I just can't imagine bringing physical books everywhere. Ebooks, on the other hand, I can not only carry around easily, but also buy, basically, anytime and from anywhere. 

Ruzaika: As much as I love physical copies, I tend to read much faster when it comes to ebooks. Also, where I can carry only one or two physical copies around, I can have literally hundreds of ebooks with me wherever I go. Not a hard choice, really. 




 OMG YESSSS- we actually did it! It wasn't as bad as we thought, but some of these questions were so very heartless, okay? *deep breaths* 
Anyway. Go ahead and tag yourselves if you feel like it!

10 comments:

  1. It's interesting how the both of you said that you don't really have a favourite genre! I wish I could be like thah, but I definitely have my likes and dislikes! Being a bookseller would be a dream job! Imagine having your own little cute shop, UGH I would die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, saying we don't have a favorite genre makes it all the more easier to answer that question, you see? ;) Omg, I'd totally kill to be a bookseller. All kinds of awesome. *sighs*

      Delete
  2. So you only disagree on the first answer...yours was a match made in heaven! ;)

    Quote:
    "Would you rather we didn't do it?"
    I can always tell when it's Ruzaika who writes a post or introduction. Unmistakeable sharp humour LOL. Yes Veronika, you're too sweet for her ;D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Roby- matches seem to be so very easily made in heaven in your world :P And btw, I'll take that as a compliment, of course. It's always good to know that I have a very unique voice. Ahem.

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool tag! I definitely want to try it out :)

    I'd read new books I hadn't read before as well. While my familiar favorites are awesome, I love reading new things and discovering favorites.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope you do this tag too, Laura! We'd love to see what answers you come up with :)) And yes, reading new things is always awesome *heart eyes*

      Delete
  4. I want to do this tag plzzzzz 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, consider yourself tagged, Haniya! Hope you enjoy doing it :))

      Delete
  5. Oh the torture of those questions! :) I'm like Ruzaika and prefer stand alones. Less commitment. LOL And as much as I enjoy browsing at Barnes and Noble, when it comes to buying I prefer Amazon. Much better prices! Interesting that neither of you really have a favorite genre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long live standalones!!! :D They really are less commitment and so much less pressure. We don't have a particular favorite genre because we love ALL the genres, haha :P

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)