Tuesday, September 20

My Favorite Artists in the World


Hi sweeties! Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic (a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is all about audio freebie. As I don't read audio books - I tried, but I couldn't seem to concentrate on them - I'm going to list my top 12 favorite artists today, along with my 5 favorite songs by each of them. Hopefully, we can fangirl over them in the comments!


*I tried my damn hardest to put them in order, but - due to all of them being really different from each other - I failed miserably. So my picks are in no particular order.*

1. Melanie Martinez


Fave songs: Dollhouse, Mad Hatter, Carousel, Pity Party, Soap


2. Little Mix

members: Jesy Nelson, Jade Thirlwall, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Perrie Edwards

Fave songs: Competition, Black Magic, Hair, Secret Love Song, Salute

3. Tove Lo


Fave songs: Moments, Cool Girl, Talking Body, Got Love, Heroes (We Could Be)

4. Halestorm

members: Lzzy Hale (lead vocalist + guitarist), Arejay Hale (drummer & percussionist), Joe Hottinger (guitarist), Josh Smith (bassist)

Fave songs: I Miss the Misery, Amen, Apocalyptic, Freak Like Me, Scream

5. Lindsay Stirling

(violinist)

Fave songs: Shatter Me (ft. Lzzy Hale), The Arena, Hold My Heart (ft. ZZ Ward), Roundtable Rival, Electric Daisy Violin

6. Halsey


Fave songs: Castle, Colors, Ghost, Drive, Gasoline

7. Marina and the Diamonds


Fave songs: Primadonna, Teen Idle, Power & Control, How To Be A Heartbreaker, Oh No!

8. Troye Sivan


Fave songs: Ease (ft. Broods), Wild, Youth, Fools, Talk Me Down

9. Taylor Swift


Fave songs: Wildest Dreams, I Knew You Were Trouble, Wonderland, How You Get The Girl, I Know Places

10. Years & Years

members: Olly Alexander (frontman and keyboard player), Mikey Goldsworthy (bass guitarist), Emre Türkmen (keyboardist)

Fave songs: Take Shelter, King, Worship, Eyes Shut, Real

 11. Imagine Dragons


members:Dan Reynolds (lead vocalist), Wayne Sermon (guitarist), Ben McKee (bassist), Daniel Platzman (drummer)

Fave songs: Radioactive, I'm So Sorry, Warriors, On Top Of The World, Roots

12. Ellie Goulding
a.k.a. my mostest favorite artist. :)



Fave songs: Burn, Animal, My Everything, Your Song (Elton John cover), Love Me Like You Do - and, basically, ALL her songs

Honorable Mentions:
  • Sia (Move Your Body, Chandelier, Unstoppable, Cheap Thrills, Big Girls Cry)
  • Ariana Grande (Into You, Why Try, Greedy, Dangerous Woman, One Last Time)
  • Foxes (Body Talk, Youth, Beauty Queen, Glorious, Holding onto Heaven)
  • Ruelle (Up In Flames, Monsters, Oh My My, Until We Go Down, War of Hearts)
  • Demi Lovato (Confident, Body Say, Neon Lights, Skyscraper, Waitin For You ft Sirah)
  • The Neighbourhood (Sweater Weather, Afraid, R.I.P. To My Youth, Prey, Cry Baby)
  • Jason Derulo (Want To Want Me, Kiss the Sky, Talk Dirty ft 2 Chainz, In My Head, Cheyenne)
  • Carly Rae Jepsen (Boy Problems, Gimmie Love, Your Type, Favourite Colour, LA Hallucinations)
  • Selena Gomez (Hands To Myself, Me & My Girls, Same Old Love, Come & Get It, Round & Round)
  • Lorde (Everybody Wants To Rule the World /Tears for Fears cover/, Royals, Team, Yellow Flicker Beat, Magnets ft Disclosure)
  • Ella Eyre (Together, Good Times, Comeback, Deeper, All About You)


Who are YOUR fave artists? 
Anyone I should know about?
Share with me YOUR ttts in the comments!

24 comments:

  1. Great list Veronika! I like quite a few of these artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do audio books either. Love the list of favorite artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a lot of these artists as well. Especially Imagine Dragons & Taylor Swift though. :) Thanks for sharing.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Troye will always be one of my favourite artists! I used to watch him do covers on YouTube and to see him now is just so incredible. I think he's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so lucky to have discovered him that early in his career, I've only started to listen to him a few months back, but as you can see he's already one of my all time faves. :)

      Delete
  5. Lindsey Stirling is amazing! I definitely agree with that. And I'm so glad to see Little Mix on your list as well. I've never heard of Tove Lo I think. At least the name doesn't ring a bell. I'll have to look up the music right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Lindsey live once and she absolutely killed it. *.* The Little Mix girls give me such girl power feels - I LOVE them. Tove Lo is super-unique (I think), so you should totally look her up. :)

      Delete
  6. Love Melanie Martinez! My favorite songs are Soap, Tag You're It, and Pacify Her. Great Top Ten! :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, she's so unique and awesome - I literally love all her songs! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  7. I had forgotten about Melanie Martinez from The Voice! I need to listen to some of her stuff. She was always great on that show. And I totally agree with your T. Swift pick! ;) Thanks for stopping by My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally check her out! She grew SO MUCH as an artist, imo. :))

      Delete
  8. I have to admit, reading your list made me feel incredibly out of touch! LOL I only know 3 or 4 out of the 12 you shared: Taylor Swift (of course), Imagine Dragons (I like them), Tove Lo (I know one song), and Ellie Goulding (I know one song). Everyone else I have no idea about. Actually I've heard people mention Halsey but I've never heard her music or even know what kind of music she does. I do know several of your honorable mentions, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh haha, I have quite a few no that well-known artists on my list, so don't feel too bad. :) You totally should give a chance to a few of these, because most of them are truly unique - esp. Halsey, Troye and Melanie. :)

      Delete
  9. If you like Tove Lo, Troye Sivan and Halsey, I really recommend Broods. They're a duo from New Zealand and their songs are SOOO good. And they also have a similar vibe from those artists. I think you'll really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE some of the Broods stuff - Free is one of my all time fave songs. The only reason they didn't make it onto my list is that I'm relatively new to their music and still need to check out most of their songs. Thanks for the rec, anyway :D

      Delete
  10. I love Taylor Swift!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/top-ten-tuesday-75/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list, I love Marina and the Diamonds, Melanie Martinez, Halsey, Halestorm and Taylor Swift as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All of them are SO freaking awesome. :D

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)