Tuesday, September 6

All About The TV Shows


Hi sweeties! Today's Top Ten Tuesday (weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) topic is all about tv shows. I have to admit that I'm not the biggest tv show fan out there - for one, I lose interest in them freakishly fast and I also feel like they take away a lot from the time I could spend reading my precious books. So basically, I could only list 7 shows that I love and constantly watch, 2 that I casually watch when it's on tv, and a few that I'm dying to start. 

One thing you'll see on my list is that I don't have YA tv shows (that's a thing, right?) between my favorites, simply because they either A) got cancelled, like Starcrossed, or B) I lost interest in them, like Vampire Diaries, The 100, Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars (strangely enough, I just realized that I gave up on all these in their third season. What is up with that???) Also, I seem to have a liking for mystery, crime and/or gory shows... which, I guess, tells you something about me. OH WELL.




PICKS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!

*titles link to IMDb page*


MY CURRENT FAVORITES
a.k.a. the ones I'm forcing my friends to watch




IMDb rating - 8.3
Number of seasons - 2

Next season premier - 22 September
Highlights - diversity, morally gray characters, fantastic casting, sick-ass cases, twists upon twists


IMDb rating - 7.2
Number of seasons - 1
Next season premier - 20 September
Highlights - humor, dialogues, great casting (Jamie Lee Curtis, for one), fashion, on-point pop culture references





IMDb rating - 8.2
Number of seasons - 5*
Next season premier - 14 September
Highlights - dark atmosphere, miniseries (new story in every season), great casting, interesting stories

*It has to be said that the last two seasons were kinda rubbish, and the 3rd wasn't much better either with the whole atmosphere being off. ALL THE HOPE FOR SEASON 6!





IMDb rating - 8.8
Number of seasons - 3*
Next season premier - 2017 (Spring, most likely)
Highlights - the characters & the casting is fucking spot on, and who wouldn't want to watch a tv show centered around a crime family? Like, seriously. 

*Please, NO spoilers, because I'm still in season 1, but I'm so into the show that I couldn't not include it on the list.






IMDb rating - 6.8

Number of seasons - 5

Next season premier - 10 October

Highlights - humor, kickass friendships, the banter




IMDb rating - 8.3
Number of seasons - 3
Next season premier - the show ended with season 3
Highlights - the cast, especially Eva Green ♥, kills it, characters from different stories in one show (e.g. Victor Frankenstein, Dorian Gray)




IMDb rating - 8.9
Number of seasons - 2
Next season premier - the show ended with season 2
Highlights - beautiful brother-sister relationship, super-interesting plot, gorgeous visuals, humor, WADDLES



WATCH THESE WHEN THEY ARE ON TV
a.k.a. the ones where the order you watch the episodes in doesn't matter much





IMDb rating - 8.2

Number of seasons - 11
Next season premier - 28 September

Highlights - creepy ass + unique cases, wonderful casting*

*Though, in the more recent seasons, some of the casting wasn't too good - e.g. I liked Jennifer Love Hewitt in Ghost Whisperer, but she didn't impress me in Criminal Minds.






IMDb rating - 8.2
Number of seasons - 8
Next season premier - the 8th was the last season
Highlights - the humor, CASTLE, relationships between the characters*, intriguing cases
*Castle's relationship with his daughter, Alexis, is EVERYTHING + I love him with Kate, LOVE.



TV SHOWS I'M DYING TO START
a.k.a. the ones that I'll probably never watch, because I'm lazy
MOTIVATE ME, PEOPLE!



IMDb rating - 8.1
Number of seasons - 4
Next season premier - 2017 (spring, I guess?)
What intrigues me - to put it simply, it seems really messed up and I love those type of shows + it comes highly recommended by my friends



IMDb rating - 8.9
Number of seasons - 1
Next season premier - no info, but season 2 was confirmed, I believe
What intrigues me - all this: "Filmed over a 10-year period, Making a Murderer is an unprecedented real-life thriller about Steven Avery, a DNA exoneree who, while in the midst of exposing corruption in local law enforcement, finds himself the prime suspect in a grisly new crime. Set in America's heartland, the series takes viewers inside a high-stakes criminal case where reputation is everything and things are never as they appear." - written by Netflix

AMERICAN CRIME STORY



IMDb rating - 8.5
Number of seasons - 1
Next season premier - no info, but season 2 was confirmed, I believe
What intrigues me - it's a mini series, based off on real life crimes and has Sarah Paulson as a main character... do we need more?



IMDb rating - 7.6
Number of seasons - 2*
Next season premier - I'm not sure if there will be another season or not. 
What intrigues me - a creepy-ass town where you have to live by certain rules and that you can't leave... what's not to like?

*I read that season 1 actually has a very decent, closed ending. Anyone watches this show?*





IMDb rating - 8.8
Number of seasons - the 2nd season is currently on tv

Next season premier - 2017
What intrigues me - I have to admit, I don't know much, but it comes highly recommended by friends + people on the internet.


What are some of YOUR favorite tv shows? 
What shows are on your watchlist?

What shows did you give up on?
Link in your TTTs. :)




38 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH MAKING A MURDERER! It will probably frusutrates you, shock you, and reveal some very unsettling things about the usa's judicial system, but it's so good nonetheless! My favourite tv show will always be Gilmore Girls though. It's great if you're looking for a feel good dramedy. I want to watch everything on this list now Veronika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the motivation!! It's at the top of my to-watch list, bc it sounds super-unique and really, really good! When I was around 14 my mom was OBSESSED with Gilmore Girls - she had all the DVDs & everything - and so I'm REALLY bored of it by this point. But it sure is a fun show!

      Delete
  2. Scream Queens! Almost got mentioned. But, I wanted to keep myself at the standard ten. I think you might like Orphan Black. And have you watched Stranger Things?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot about Orphan Black & it sounds awesome, though I'm a bit intimidated by the fact that it already has 4 seasons. I think I might be the only person who gave up on ST *hides in shame*

      Delete
  3. I hear so much about Scream Queens and Penny Dreadful! I should really check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! Both are SO AWESOME!

      Delete
  4. So you had me intrigued about Wayward Pines. I've never seen it because it's on a pay TV at the moment, but if it's picked up by a free channel, I'll make a point to watch!

    I'm a fan of crime TV as well - only not real crimes. And of supernatural shows of course...did anyone notice? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds really unique, right? It was actually a book first, but I heard the show is better, so I'm more interested in that. Haha, NO, I totally had no idea from you mentioning the likes of Supernatural & NCIS on your blog & in comments. :P

      Delete
    2. I AM remembered *insert shocked face here* ;D.

      Delete
  5. Okay so the only show on here that I have seen happens to be my favorite show right now- Criminal Minds. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CM is SO GOOD -the cases are really, really intriguing & I love how the characters are like family. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. The only one from your list that I have watched is Criminal Minds, but there are a lot on here that I always plan on starting, like Penny Dreadful! I think I am the only person though that really doesn't have any desire to watch Making a Murderer :p

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO MANY TV SHOWS, SO LITTLE TIME. Haha, I know all about feeling like that - I think I'm literally the only person on Earth who gave up on Stranger Things. *hides*

      Delete
  7. I lovelovelove Gravity Falls! The only reason it wasn't on my post for this week is that adding all the cartoons I watch too would've made it wayy too long! If you like GF you should try Steven Universe and Over the Garden Wall - they're similar in some ways but also pretty different and I love them to pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I binged Over the Garden Walls and really enjoyed it, though not as much as GF, but it was definitely good. I'll have to look into Steven Universe, bc I barely know anything about it, but heard it recommended with these two before. Thanks for the recs! ^^

      Delete
  8. I love Peaky Blinders, and it hasn't gone downhill either, although I still think season 1 is my favourite! And I just started How to Get Away with Murder too - loved the first episode :D

    My TTT: http://whenitdoes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/top-ten-tuesday-what-im-watching.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to continue it. How to Get Away With Murder didn't go downhill either - I think the 2nd season was even better than the 1st. :D

      Delete
  9. I liked Wayward Pines, S1 was better than S2 but it's still worth watching both. And the books are great. :) And Scream Queens looks great, I haven't seen that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely need to give a books a second thought then! You totally should check out SQ - it's super-funny, but also really messed up and ahh it's just fantastic!

      Delete
  10. Hey, you found a lot more than ten. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for new How To Get Away With Murder. Also was pleasantly surprised by Season One of Scream Queens, so I'm looking forward to Season 2.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/top-ten-tuesday-73/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - hope it's gonna be epic! Eep, I'm equal parts excited & scared of SQ 2!

      Delete
  12. GRAVITY FALLS! Awww, I've seen this on a few lists today, and it makes me so happy (and makes me feel a little less odd for being a grownup raving about a cartoon...) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's *nothing* wrong with watching cartoons as an adult. Honestly, you know there's something wrong with the world when a cartoon feels more mature than adult shows. lol

      Delete
  13. I loved the first season of Peaky Blinders - can't wait to see more!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE American Horror Story and I have been SO interested in Scream Queens but I still haven't watched it! Great list :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give SQ a chance! It's really different from AHS - it's super-funny but also totally messed up! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  15. I used to watch 2 Broke Girls, but I stopped at the 2nd season cause of College tasks and I was too involved with my organization back then. I never got the chance to return to it!

    How to Get Away with Murder, I finished the first season and wasn't able to start the 2nd yet. :(

    OMG! I'd love to watch Scream Queens, my friend from my previous work LOVED it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to return to 2 Broke Girls, because the girls and their friendship with the rest of the cast improves SO MUCH. It's such a light & fun show to watch!
      Hope you'll continue HtGAwM soon (2nd season was bomb) & start SQ soon-ish. SQ is the perfect mix of humor, horror and gore. :D

      Delete
  16. How to Get Away With Murder looks like something I would love. I'd forgotten about Scream Queens and that it was a show I really wanted to check out! It's by the creator of Glee and Michelle Lea has a part right? That combo + Jamie Lee Curtis sounds golden:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HtGAWM is SO GOOD, you should 100% give it a chance if you like mystery and morally gray characters and TWISTS like you've never seen before. Yep, and bc they also created American Horror Story, it's like the perfect combo of fun, mystery and horror. + the cast is golden.

      Delete
  17. I have a really bad obsession with How to get away with murder & 2 broke girls! I could watch them for hours! 💓💓💓
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME - they're so good & binge-worthy. :)

      Delete
  18. Oh, I love AHS! I'm ashamed to admit that Coven was my favorite season. I know, everyone else hated it but I loved the witchcraft angle. And Castle was an awesome show. Sad it's gone now, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, don't be ashamed! Coven WAS fun + a lot more solid season than Hotel, or even Freakshow. Yeah, but maybe it's a good thing they stopped before it got too much?? IDK.

      Delete
  19. I keep forgetting about How To Get Away With Murder and Scream Queens - I was so excited when both of them were announced, but somehow they keep slipping my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should give them both a chance, because imo they stand out from the 'usual' tv shows. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)