Tuesday, August 23

10 Books That Have Been on My TBR For Ages


Hi there! *waves* I'm kind of excited, because I'm unable to do the real Top Ten Tuesday topic for today... Alright, that sounds strange, BUT today's topic is not such a positive one - Top Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR Since Before I Started Blogging. I honestly thought I'd found like 50 books that have been on my tbr since then, but I was WRONG. *surprised awe*

I started blogging in March, 2014 and there are only 5 books that I added to my Goodreads TBR before then. That is more thanks to refreshing my TBR list at least once or twice a year then actually reading ALL the books, but I'm choosing to ignore that for now. Anyhow, I changed up the topic just a bit, calling this post - 10 Books That Have Been on My TBR For Ages. It'll include the 10 books on my Goodreads TBR that have been there for the longest of times.

I did not disqualify the books that came out after I added them, because I've been waiting for them since adding them to my TBR, not since the day they were published. That makes sense?

Exceptions are: 

  • Fire in You by Jennifer L. Armentrout (added to my tbr back in the beginning of 2014) that'll only be released in November, as it'd have been pretty much impossible to read a novel that hasn't even been published, yet.
  • The Lost and the Found by Cat Clarke, because I'm not quite sure I still want to read it. (I know, cheating.)
Order - from newest addition, to the oldest. 

Click on cover for GR page! 


   

10. Speechless by Hannah Harrington: The story of a girl named Chelsea Knot, who takes a voluntary oath of silence after her latest gossip ended with terrible consequences, including someone's near death... 
Added to my TBR - June 24, 2014

9. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson: Princess Lia flees on her wedding day, she just settled down among the common folk when two mysterious strangers arrive - one of them is the prince she was supposed to marry, the other an assassin who was sent to kill her...
Added to my TBR - June 18, 2014

8. The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith: This is about a boy and a girl, who spend one magical night - in a non-sexual way, I believe :P - together, but have to go on their separate ways right after. They keep in contact through letters, mails etc. until they can meet again. 
Added to my TBR - May 30, 2014

7. The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand: Tells the story of Lex, whose family and life fell apart after her brother committed suicide.
Added to my TBR - April 26, 2014


   

6. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank: Seriously, who doesn't know what this book is about? A Jewish teenager's real diary (from 13-15) about hiding with her family in Amsterdam, in an old office room from the Nazis.
Added to my TBR - March 16, 2014

Added before I made the blog:

5. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick: Britt goes to backpack Teton Rouge, with an unexpected companion - her exboyfriend, who still haunts her thoughts. Before she could explore her feelings, thanks to a blizzard, she's forced to ask for shelter in a remote cabin, from two handsome strangers, who turn out to be fugitives, and take her hostage, forcing her to lead them off the mountain. On their way down, they find evidence of a series of murders - solving the mystery could easily led to Britt being the next victim...
Added to my TBR - July 14, 2013

4. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath: A semi-autobiography, portraying Esther's downward spiral, because of her severe mental illness.
Added to my TBR - February 4, 2013

3. Awaken by Meg Cabot: The third book in the Abandon trilogy, that tells the story of an immortal god of death and the girl who fell in love with him. (Honestly, thinking back, this is one hell of a freaky romance...)
Added to my TBR - November 17, 2012

 

2. Angelfall by Susan Ee: This is basically about an apocalypse caused by angels descending from the sky... I think?? And these angels kidnap Penryn's little sister, and so Penryn rescues a wingless angel, Raffe, on the streets and asks him to lead her to her sister. OR SO I THINK. I'm honestly not a 100% sure about the plot of Angelfall, but I'm SO EXCITED about it.
Added to my TBR - November 17, 2012

1. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen: Auden's had a rough time, since the arguments started between her parents that eventually led to divorce. Now, she has the whole summer to spend with her father and to take time off from her demanding mother. She finds new friends, and a boy who helps her experience the carefree teen life she's dreamt of, while she helps him come to terms with the guilt she feels for the death of his friend. 
Added to my TBR - October 20, 2012

Have you read any of these books?
How many novels have you had on your tbr since before you started blogging/for a long time?
What are some of these titles? 
Leave a link to your TTTs in the comments!

13 comments:

  1. I've had The Geography of You and Me on my TBR for forever! But I pushed it deeper and deeper on my TBR list because new and more exciting books keep coming out :') I'm also excited for The Kiss of Deception, now that the final book is out, I'm thinking of starting soon :D but omg you NEED Angelfall! It's one of my favorite series of ever!! SO GOOD <3 great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME, and also - I've read two books by the author, one I loved, the other was a disappointment, and so I'm terribly afraid of this novel. Me too, especially because I enjoyed The Adoration of Jenna Fox and am excited about sg different from the author. Eek, I'm SO excited for Angelfall! I own all the books, now just how to get started.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I should brush up on Anne Frank's diary, which I read when I was a teen...that is, EONS ago ;D. The Bell Jar is much more of a recent read. Though but also funny, in a way. And with a hopeful ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronika,

    You are not alone with some of these. Angelfalls has sat on my shelves forever and before that it sat on my kindle so I have two copies of this and I've still not read it! The Bell Jar is another that I'm yet to read.

    Well done though on keeping your TBR list so current. I have books that I bought in my teens that I've still not got round to reading. It's terrible.

    Happy Reading
    Rachel @ Paein-and-Ms4Tune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own the whole trilogy for months and I still haven't read it! I just never seem to be in the mood for it. The Bell Jar, I've owned for more than a year. lol, I'm hopeless.

      That does sound challenging. Hope you'll be able to conquer your tbr one of these days! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your TBR isn't as big and scary and you thought it was. :) That's good news! I've read three on your list: The Geography of You and Me, The Kiss of Deception, and The Diary of Anne Frank. Angelfall has been on my TBR for a long time but at this point I'm not sure if I'll ever make it a priority to read. My husband read the trilogy so maybe I'll just make him tell me all about it. LOL

    Here's my TTT POST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank god it isn't. :D I work real hard to not have more than 300 books on my GR tbr, and to not have more than 50 physical copies at home (though, in the latter, I failed miserably lol). I own the whole Angelfall trilogy, so I'll get around to read it, ONE DAY. :D

      Delete
  5. These all look like interesting books. I have read a few on this list but some of them sit on my TBR too. It never ends I swear. Hope you enjoy these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right - it never ends! There are so many shiny, new books being published + I always find great-looking older books. :)

      Delete
  6. Fire In You would be on my list as well except it hasn't been released yet. Love your list, lots of different types of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for Brock and Jillian's novel! *-*

      Delete
  7. Oooh Along For The Ride and Angelfall were really good :D I need to read a lot on your list too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)