Tuesday, July 26

Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do (But I Still Haven't Done)


Hello sweeties! Today's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) topic - Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do - is one of my favorites ever, even though I had to think quite a lot about some of my picks. Nearly all of the things listed below could actually be done realistically - yet, besides my last pick - I haven't been able to try/do any of these, even some of the super-simple ones. *cringes inwardly*





  

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater made me want to ride a horse. Now that is pretty ironic, considering that the only time I've had the chance to ride a horse I begged and begged until the teacher let me watch the others instead of having to try riding a horse. By the way, WHY on Earth would anyone try to force a 6th grader to try horse-riding when said 6th grader is AFRAID of horses???? I was 13 and pretty capable of making such decisions, thank you very much.


Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson made me want to work out and run. Alright, so this wasn't my favorite book EVER, but the way Matson described running made it seem easy and fun. FUN. Hahahaha.



If I Stay by Gayle Forman made me want to learn how to play the cello. Again, this is kinda funny, because I used to take music classes when I was in 1st and 2nd grade - yeah, I don't remember shit - and we had to pick an instrument at the end of 2nd grade. Long story short, I went to a smaller school, and the two available instruments were piano - that'd never fit in our house - and cello, which the school had various good ones that the students could use and even take home and only buy one for themselves if everything worked out. In the end I chose... neither, because I was lazy as hell and didn't feel like taking music classes various times a week. 



  

Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling made me want to study at a boarding school. When I first saw the first two movies - I think I had to be around 10? - (yeah, I'm one of those people who saw the movies first) I even asked my mom if it was possible. Boarding schools still fascinate me, to be honest. And not just magic ones either. :P



Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead made me want to learn how to fight. I started the series when I was around 12 and I was incredibly impressed - tbh, I still am - by Rose's badassery and fighting skills. However, as stated above, I'm truly lazy, so this hasn't happened yet.




Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan E. Phillips made me want to try Lucky Charms. You might wonder why I still haven't tried it, but in my defense, I don't even know where can I get it in Hungary! Probably, I could find it in one of those tiny shops that sell foreign food that's not imported to Hungary... but I have terrible experience with these ever since I bought a pack of Oreos in the Birthday Cake flavor for a price between a paperback and hardcover (yep, I measure what is expensive in books) AND THEN ENDED THROWING IT OUT, BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE IT.





  

The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout made me want to get ALL the books (and have a hot alien bf). Katy's love for books can't be described with words - she blogs and vlogs about them, her whole house is covered in them AND SHE DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT THEM EVEN IN THE WORST OF TIMES. When Katy was captured - after the full on panic - one of her first thoughts was how she was missing reading already. I'm not sure about you, but I just wanted to reach into the book, take her out and say - we're best friends from now on, and no, you can't refuse.



The Trust Me series by Mary Elizabeth Summer made me want to be either a con artist or a hacker. I've had a fascination with both "professions", if they can be called that, for quite some time, though, me becoming either has always been laughable. I mean, I have a hard time communicating with people even being myself, and I can't even use Microsoft Word properly.




The Wolves of Mercy Falls series made me want to fold 1000 cranes, because: 
"An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by the Gods. Some stories believe you are granted eternal good luck, instead of just one wish, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury. This makes them popular gifts for special friends and family." - taken from wikipedia.

Unfortunately, I can't even fold ONE, so that sucks for me.


And finally, all the following books made me want to try out more in books like them: steampunk, mystery, historical romance, adult novels - in that order. 

   


Share with me what kind of things books made you want to do?? What books made you want to explore more in their genre? 

Leave a link to your TTTs in the comments!

28 comments:

  1. Fun list! Pulling a con (even if only in a dream world and for one day) might be fun. Especially if it'd be a-la Leverage style (TNT show).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't watch Leverage, but I did hear about it, and man - pulling a con like those would be awesome!

      Delete
  2. I found out the hard way that I am severely allergic to horses, but even with the itchy hives aside, I thought horse riding was overrated! Great List!
    Mallory @ The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, that sounds horrible - but now I feel much better about likely never trying horse riding. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I definitely agree with the Harry Potter thing! I thought boarding school would be so fun until I realized that I'd have to share a bathroom with like 10 other people lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO TRUE. That sounds terrible, plus it'd kill me to be surrounded by people ALL THE TIME. *shudders*

      Delete
  4. If you ever get to try Lucky Charms, the marshmallows are the best part! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks SO MUCH for making me want to eat them even more! lol

      Delete
  5. I'd love to fight like Rose! I actually took a self-defence class after reading about Sydney and Adrian's in the Bloodlines series :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I've always been too lazy and lose my motivation waaaay too fast, so I'm really jealous about that. :D

      Delete
  6. I really should get to Something Strange and Deadly. And I have riding a horse on my list as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should, because it was really good - especially if you like zombies.

      Delete
  7. Brilliant list :-) Having a hot alien bf made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Lucky Charms in Hungary? Maybe that's good...Lucky Charms aren't really all-that, I think!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/07/ten-french-ish-things-reading-french.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. :( Haha, glad you said that! Now I don't feel so bad about not having the chance to try them. :)

      Delete
  9. What a fun list! I laughed at the Lucky Charms one! They are worth a try, but don't pay too much for them. They aren't that good. :)

    <a href="http://www.pureimaginationblog.com/2016/07/top-ten-things-books-have-made-me-want-to-do-after-reading-them.html'>My Top Ten</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, you're the second person who said that, so I'm less and less enthusiastic about them. :)

      Delete
  10. Harry Potter always made me wanna go into boarding school as long as it involved some kind of magic. Otherwise I'll pass!
    And everytime I read something regarding fights or physical training I just wish I could learn but I don't have the will power to move my ass and do stuff LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's more than the magic - boarding schools always seemed super-mysterious and awesome in books and movies. Now, I'm not sure, but I still love reading about them.
      Same! Training of any kind seems like a lot of effort! lol

      Delete
  11. Agree on Harry Potter and If I Stay. I'll look into the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll find some that you like!

      Delete
  12. Love your list! I had to laugh at the Lucky Charms one. Because believe me when I say you're not missing much. :) And I'm so with you on the Lux series. I mean, yeah, the books... but mostly I want Daemon Black as a boyfriend. LOL

    Tanya @ GIRL PLUS BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) So glad many of you said that, because I've been excited about them for YEARS. It's good to know I'm not missing out on anything. Aww, I just binge-read the series (besides Obsidian, that I'd already read) and LOVED every minute of it. :D

      Delete
  13. I personally love horse riding, but I know it's not for everyone!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/top-ten-tuesday-67/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll manage to try it one day... hopefully. :)

      Delete
  14. Adore this list! I hate Lucky Charms so I don't think you are missing out. I also hated the birthday cake Oreos yucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Huh, glad I'm not missing out on much! The birthday cake Oreos... BIGGEST.DISAPPOINTMENT.EVER. lol

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)