Thursday, July 28

The Happiness Tag


We saw this one doing the rounds in the blogosphere and decided to tag ourselves because who doesn't like thinking about things that make them happy?! 

The rules for participation are:

1. List 5 things that make you happy.
2. List 5 songs that make you happy.
3. List 5 bloggers that make you happy. Let them know they have been nominated, and you are done.


Ruzi-
  1. Books- Of course, or my entire existence in the blogosphere would make no sense. Books make me happy whether I'm reading them, thinking about them or just looking at them. So yeah. Books any day!
  2. Music (and movies)- Whenever I feel low, listening to music can instantly perk me up. Movies tend to help cheer me up a lot too!
  3. Junk food- I detest mealtimes because of all the horrendous stuff my mom makes me eat, but junk food are definitely a huge part of my life and they make me blissfully happy...as long as I don't think of my weighing scale.  
  4. Visiting new places (though not particularly the travelling part of it)- I just love meeting different people and seeing new places. Just being somewhere new fills me with a feeling close to euphoria- I just can't explain it. Wanderlust? Very much.
  5. Solitude- I love my me time. Lots of it. This doesn't really mean I'm a social recluse though. I think not anyway. I just might be a tiny bit allergic to people at times. 
Vera-
  1. BOOKS - Such an unoriginal answer, I know, but they always manage to cheer me up - especially, if I'm rereading my favorites.
  2. FRIENDS - the introvert in me can't always take socializing, but usually when I go out with friends, or just talk to them, I have tons of fun.
  3. MUSIC not only makes me happy, but also helps me relax after a tiring day at school. It's such a huge part of my life that I don't think I could go a day without it.
  4. CAKE, CHOCOLATE, COOKIES AND ALL THE SWEETS DREAMS ARE MADE OF. No explanation needed.
  5. SHOPPING (for clothes) or just choosing my outfit for the next day can put me in such a peacefully happy mood. Well, that is, if I'm not in one of those moods where I feel like I have nothing to wear.


Vera- As you'll see, I picked 6 songs, instead of 5, because it was incredibly hard to narrow down my list of favorite songs right now and because Ruzi did this tag first and she picked 6, so I'll just follow in her footsteps. :P

The first three songs I picked because they make me happy right now - so no, they probably won't remain my all time favorites, (although, I'm more and more into Ariana's music) but I find such pleasure and HAPPINESS in listening to them. The latter three are some of my all time favorite artists who'd deserve more recognition than they're currently getting, in my opinion. 








Ruzi- Coming up with just five songs that make me happy was really, really tough because I listen to so many, from so many different languages- English, Tamil, Hindi, Sinhalese, Telugu, and recently even a bit of Malayalam. So I ended up choosing six that I felt I just have to share with you guys because I'm sure they'll make YOU happy too- and since music is universal, I chose three English, two Hindi and one Tamil from my list of favorite songs. Hope you like them! 









Ruzi- Why does this tag keep getting harder? This is so tough and I think I'll just pass. Oh well. I'll name five bloggers who have been absolutely kickass ever since I tuned co-blogger here, yeah? Okay. 

Jillian @ Jillian's Books
Roberta @ Offbeat YA
and
Veronika @ The Regal Critiques 
(I did not cheat here) Vera has been nothing but fabulous all the time, 
she's a blogger and she makes me happy. SO THERE.
But that doesn't mean the rest of you aren't amazing. 
You all are, 
and your love and support mean EVERYTHING to me. 

Vera- Basically, everyone Ruzi had mentioned besides myself and then some: 

Sabrina @ Sabrina's Stories - how about you come back to blogging now? :)
Rachel & Kerr @ Paein and Ms4Tune (and that might be creepy, because we've never actually talked but they have amazing content, with so many underrated books highlighted and THAT makes me really happy)
and
Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques - I mean, I didn't want to mention her, but after her mentioning me, there was no way out of it. 
OBVIOUSLY, I'm joking. She's the bestest. You all are. 


16 comments:

  1. I don't usually do tags, and I don't know if I can make the time to do this one, but THANK YOU!!! It's really nice to know that I'm able to put a smile on someone's face :))). The same thing happens to this old lady when interacting with the two of you - also because Ruzi half-teasing me on Twitter is part of my daily routine by now LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aware you don't do tags, but this is SUCH A HAPPY TAG- you simply have to! :P Haha, you make both of us happy always, Roby! Especially on twitter :D

      Delete
  2. What a great tag! I might have to add this to my tags to do list! Thank you so much Ruzaika for mentioning me! You make me happy too :) And Hair by Little Mix is such an awesome song Veronika! You should listen to some of their other stuff, all of their songs are so up beat and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay- I hope you end up doing this one of these days, Em! I'd love to see your answers! :))

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute tag! I'm definitely going to have to do this sometime! Vera: I just listened to The Area by Lindsey Stirling a couple of days ago and loved it too! I just love all of her music though and her music videos are always on point. Ruzi: Fifth Harmony's new album is BOSS! I feel like I can run the world every time I listen to one of their songs.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I hope you do this sometime, Laura! I'd love to see your answers :)) Haha, Fifth Harmony do make one feel that way...but I think Brave, Honest, Beautiful will be my most favorite of their songs forever :D

      Delete
  4. The songs chosen are all so great! I especially love Cheap Thrills and Hair.
    Also, haha, I am super honoured to have been included, so thank you :) I might come back to blogging before the end of the year - I just have some things to sort out first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy to Cheap Thrills and Hair- they really are way too awesome :)) Looking forward to seeing you back at blogging, Sabrina! The blogosphere misses you! Hope things get sorted out alright <3

      Delete
  5. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU <3 (Ruzi you're so sweet!) I love the songs that both of you picked out and I really enjoyed reading through this post. It's so positive, it makes me happy as well. Haha. Books just never fail to bring in any happiness. The stories contained just makes me smile :)


    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Jill! Glad thispost served its purpose- spreading happiness! And yes, books always make one happy, don't they? They are pure M.A.G.I.C. :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the tag!!! It looks like so much fun but I hate doing lists because I can never think of enough stuff to list. I'll try my best to do this as soon as I can ^^ oh and Cheap Thrills and Into You are too of my favourite songs at the moment as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on, you can think of 5 things that make you happy! But I agree, choosing just 5 songs was such a paiiiin :D Hope you end up doing this some day anyway, Noe! (Cheap Thrills and Into You- yasssssss!!!)

      Delete
  7. Oh, this is such a fun and HAPPY tag. :D I just HAD to start my own post and hopefully I'll be able to post it soonish. So many of things that make you guys happy make me happy too: music, books (obviously :p), visiting new places, junk food, solitude, friends though the introvert in me also needs to recharge after those social events. Haha. I've never heard of like any of these songs, so I'm definitely gonna have to listen to them later! And aw, thanks for tagging me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your post, Holly! "Music, books, visiting new places, junk food, solitude, friends"...they all do make us very happy! :D Yikes, you'd better listen to at least some of these soon! I guarantee you they'll make you happy! :))

      Delete
  8. Aww, this is such a wonderful tag! I love it when people focus on the good instead of the bad for a change - there are so many wonderful things. Like books. And more books. And junkfood. ;) I also love the addition of spreading some blogosphere love! There are some really awesome bloggers in that list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss to books and more books and junkfood! Glad you agree with us here, Inge :D The blogosphere is badly in need of some love and positivity all around, so we figured we'd do our bit here! :))

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)