Thursday, July 21

The Halsey Book Tag

Image- courtesy of Halsey Fan.

Hello sweeties! It's been SO LONG since I've last done a tag post, but today I'm FINALLY back with one - The Halsey Book Tag, originally created by Paper Riot. I don't think I've ever mentioned Halsey on the blog (WHAT A MISTAKE) but she's no doubt one of my favorite artists ever and I find all her songs beautiful, edgy masterpieces - hear them for yourself if you don't believe me. 


CASTLE - YOUR FAVORITE QUEEN



I'll have to go with Lissa Dragomir from Vampire Academy/Bloodlines for this one. There might be more epic and famous queens out there, but as Lissa is one of the fairest, most compassionate characters ever I couldn't have found anyone better for this title.

HOLD ME DOWN - A SERIES YOU JUST CAN'T SEEM TO QUIT


Definitely the Shadowhunter novels. I used to be a HUGE Cassandra Clare fan, but after the third TMI novel I didn't fully enjoy either of her books that I've read. The rest of TMI, TID, The Bane Chronicles, Lady Midnight... all these stories ended up disappointing me, yet I can't seem to quit these novels. I partly blame the hype and the positive reviews for that - they always make me cave in and give "just one more chance" to her books.

NEW AMERICANA - THE FICTIONAL FRIEND GROUP YOU’D WANT TO BE YOUR FIGHT-THE-APOCALYPSE SQUAD


TLC squad, without doubt: Cinder, Kai, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress, Thorne, Winter, Jacin and, last but definitely not least, Iko. These guys form such an incredible group and they are SO SUPPORTIVE of each other. Plus, after they fought Levana I'm pretty sure the apocalypse would not be a huge deal for them. 

DRIVE - A COUPLE THAT NEEDS TO COMMUNICATE BETTER


Should I even bother with explaining this one? In The Winner's Crime nearly every scene of Kestrel and Arin ended up with some kind of miscommunication that could have been avoided, IMO. 

HURRICANE - FAVORITE STANDALONE

  

As choosing an all time favorite standalone is impossible, I went with my three favorite standalones that I've read in 2016 so far - all of them incredibly underrated and relatively unknown which is the saddest thing ever.

ROMAN HOLIDAY - CUTEST CONTEMPORARY COUPLE


Simon and Blue (Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda) hands down take that title any day. I can't say enough time to read this novel if you haven't yet, because it's marvelous.

GHOST - MOST TRAGIC BREAKUP


So many I could pick from, but I'm going to go with the first breakup of Cat and Bones (Night Huntress s.) because it wasn't only unbelievably heartbreaking, but also happened at the end the book, and there's nothing more tragic than a cliffhanger, is there?

STRANGE LOVE - CHARACTER A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T GET BUT YOU LOVE


I feel like a lot of people dislike America (The Selection) for her faults (e.g. being indecisive), but these faults and the mistakes she made were the very things that made her seem super-realistic and likable in my eyes.

COMING DOWN - BEST SEXY TIMES SCENE



Basically any time Brenna and Judd (Caressed by Ice) had some sexy times together - they're serious otp material, don't even try to argue me on that.

HAUNTING - A BOOK OR CHARACTER YOU'RE STILL THINKING ABOUT





Grace (A Madness So Discreet), because her character was truly complex and I'd love to see how her future would play out - hopefully alongside Dr. Thornhollow in more than one ways. *wink wink*


GASOLINE - FAVORITE SELF-DESTRUCTIVE CHARACTER


   

Ronan (The Raven Cycle) is the only self-destructive character I can think of right now that I LOVE.

CONTROL - BEST VILLAIN




Levana from The Lunar Chronicles, as she was complex, interesting and one hell of a force to reckon with. 



Also, the villain from Red Queen, whose person remains a secret until the end of book 1.

YOUNG GOD - CHARACTERS THAT SECRETLY WORSHIP EACH OTHER


  

Laurent and Damen (Captive Prince) are the perfect characters for this question. Their relationship started off... a bit bumpy, to say the least, BUT OH MY GOD WHAT AN EPIC ROMANCE THEIRS IS.

WALK THE LINE - BEST RETELLING/REWORKING


 

A Wicked Thing follows Aurora's (Sleeping Beauty) life from the moment she wakes up from her loooong sleep and is really authentic retelling, in my opinion.

It is also über-underrated, and I simply don't understand all the negativity it's gotten. Yes, it features a heroine who is not on the top of her shit - she is quiet and even lets herself be bossed around by the queen but give her a break! What would you do after waking up a hundred years after you'd fallen asleep and realize that everything and everyone you've known is gone?

I LOVE badass, fierce and undefeatable heroines who are barely fazed by anything, we need them, we really do. BUT that doesn't mean that Aurora is a wrong kind of heroine for being different... for being weak in times when, admit it, most of us would have acted the same way. I love that she is different from the "norm", and the way she slowly develops to be quite a force to reckon with. I can guarantee that I wouldn't have enjoyed this series if not for her.

IS THERE SOMEWHERE - OTP WITH OBSTACLES

   


"For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die." (Raven Cycle)

Talk about 'obstacle'. 


EMPTY GOD - AN OTP THAT BECOME A NOTP

  

Luke and Lizzie (Queen of Babble) might have seemed like the perfect couple at first, but as the series progressed it turned out they weren't good for each other.

TROUBLE - TOXIC RELATIONSHIP YOU SHIP EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW BETTER


From the first time I'd read this sentence, I'd known that there's no one better suited for this question than Nick and Amy Dunne (Gone Girl).


COLORS: ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS WHO CAUSE YOU A LOT OF PAIN BECAUSE OF THE TERRIBLE DECISIONS THEY MAKE

I don't have anyone for this one, so just watch Colors! And feel free to do the tag yourself if you're interested. :)




8 comments:

  1. I love Halsey so much! She's a bit more pop than I usually like but her lyrics are fantastic. I really love The Raven Boys, too. It's one of my favorite series and I already miss the characters now that it's over. And as much as I love the Shadowhunters world, too, I admit that I almost didn't read Lady Midnight because I'm just kind of over the whole thing. There's so many books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh, I wasn't an instant-fan of hers, but that happens to me many times with my fav artists, and now I ADORE her songs. It still feels so strange to think about how we'll never read a new adventure of the raven boys. Yeah, a bit too many, imo. But I'm honestly happy for the fans. IMAGINE MORE NOVELS ABOUT THE RAVEN CYCLE CHARACTERS. lol

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh hahahahaha, Arin and Kestrel in The Winner's Trilogy is definitely an example of a couple that needs to work on their communication! xD
    And I've loved a lot of Meg Cabot's novels - but I haven't read Queen of Babble and the other books! Must read now - I want to see how that OTP turns into a NOTP!
    Loved reading your answers to this tag! :) I'm not a hardcore Halsey fan, but I love a couple of her songs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, they made my head hurt with not telling each other any of the important stuff, especially in the second book.
      You totally should try out QoB! It's such a quick and fun trilogy - perfect for the summer!
      Glad you enjoyed the post! <33

      Delete
  3. Ronan is exactly who I would pick as a destructive character! Can't wait to see what you think of him as the series progresses. This looks like a great tag, I definitely need to get more into Halsey's music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd read the whole series and I just LOVED the way his character developed! You totally should - some of my favs of hers are Control, Drive, Colors, New Americana, but honestly, most of her stuff is great. :)

      Delete
  4. I freaking adore Halsey so much. I found her lyrics amazing and she doesn't have a problem speaking her mind. I totally understand you with the whole situation with Cassandra Clare and her books but I made myself quit because I just can't anymore and also, I'm really starting to dislike the author after all the shit/shade she threw to the TV show (I know it isn't the best thing ever but at least they are trying to make it a success and not a flop as the movie was...). Anyways, after City of Heavenly Fire I quitted and I've lived all the hype when Lady Midnight was released but I didn't even feel the need to buy the book so I know I'll be alright LOL
    Oh and I think the Lunar Chronicles squad to fight during the apocalypse is the best thing ever, and you will get a few laughs here and there.
    I also link The Raven Cycle with Halsey's music, specially Drive and Haunting.
    Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! So when I saw this tag I instantly bookmarked it. I hadn't heard of the shade she threw at the show, but I managed to find info on it (especially, in comment sections) and man, was she an asshole! From what I gathered, she basically sent fans to complain to the director instead of her and THEN acted as though she was Mother Theresa, making peace between the fans AND tweeting how she's in a good relationships with the director. OH MY, does she seem fake! Especially because it seems she did criticize the show herself. If that's not what you meant, do tell me.
      SO TRUE. I love those guys so much.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)