Tuesday, July 12

Ten Facts About Me (That You Were Dying To Know)


Hello sweeties! I'm eager to share with you today's Top Ten Tuesday post (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) that contains ten facts about me that you probably couldn't care less about, but let's just pretend otherwise for now. Some of these have something to do with books and/or reading, meanwhile others are completely random facts about me. Without further ado, let's jump right into them.

PS: I'd LOVE to hear about you! Share with me facts that are somehow relevant to mine or completely random facts about yourself! I added questions after most facts, but that doesn't mean you can only answer to those - tell me whatever came to your mind! 


1. I would rather not be in complete dark.


Whenever I move around the house at night, I always take my phone with me and light up my way with the flashlight app. Even if ALL the lights are on, I still take my phone, because WHAT IF THERE'S A SUDDEN BLACKOUT?

One time, my class went to an exhibition where it was utterly dark, so the participants could understand how blind people feel. We went in, they closed the door and I could see literally nothing - I mean, I'd known that was the point before deciding to go in, but I didn't expect to freak out like that. Long story short, I had to be taken outside, because I couldn't even think straight. NO, IT WASN'T EMBARRASSING IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE CLASS.

Fun fact - despite all that, I'd pick night over day.

Are you afraid of the dark? Or totally comfortable in it? Which one would you pick, day or night? 

2. I have tons of favorite artists, but there are none whose every song I love


Maybe this is normal, though??? I really don't know, but here are some of my favorite artists: Ellie Gouilding, Imagine Dragons, Halsey, Foxes, Halestorm, Taylor Swift, Lindsey Stirling, Ruelle, The Pretty Reckless, Sia, Little Mix, Carrie Underwood, Demi Lovato, Tove Lo, Selena Gomez,  Melanie Martinez, Ariana Grande, Years & Years

Do we have anyone in common? Who are your favorite artists? Song or artist you'd recommend? 


3. I'm incredibly scared of doctors

All types, even the orthopedist who I've been seeing in the past 6 years. You may see that this is the only fact where I didn't add a gif - that's because I'd rather not search up gifs about doctors or anything related to them. *shudders*


4. I'm a terribly picky eater.


Besides a few types of cold cuts, frankfurters, sausages and beacon, I only eat chicken. I also have a strong dislike for many types of vegetables and lose my appetite when the word seafood is brought up. That said I do love to eat and try new things that seem like something I'd like.

Are you a picky-eater? What's your favorite food? Least favorite? 

5. I love to go to the cinema.


Movies, unlike books, are not my passion, but I do love a good movie. And watching them in the cinema makes the experience even better - plus they offer the best nachos and popcorn there! One thing I dislike is to hear other people's reaction to the movie, and so, my friends and I usually go a few days after the premier, in the afternoon, instead of the evening = FEWER PEOPLE. 
Unfortunately, this technique doesn't always work - On The Scorch Trials a girl kept screaming - literally SCREAMING - when a "frightening" scene was happening. 

6. I'm horrible at continuing tv shows.


I struggle to stay up to date even with my favorites, but the real problem comes from those that I thoroughly enjoy, but, for some reason, don't reach the level of awesomeness my favorites have. Usually, I stop watching these for awhile - either because I have to wait for the new season or am just taking a break - and then I'm just not really interested in them anymore. 

Pretty Little Liars, True Blood, Gossip Girl and The 100 are all shows that I consider really good and fun to watch, but I still gave up on them.

What are some of the tv shows you've given up on? And your favorites? 

7. I really enjoy talking about books.


I guess that was a given considering me being a book-blogger?? But still, whenever I read a WONDERFUL book and have no one to talk to about it, I feel like the experience is not complete. Anyone else or am I just weird? Cross that, I am definitely weird.

8. I can't cook, at all.


Most cooking requires touching raw meet and I'm UNABLE TO DO THAT. I'm weirdly disgusted by the raw form of any meet - even chicken - so I'm honestly not sure what and how I'll eat when I move out one day.

9. I wish I could bake.



I sooooo want to learn how to bake! Alright, I'm mostly interested in decorating and eating pastries (of course, after showing them off to everyone I know), but still, how cool would it be to bake like a pro??? 

Can you bake?

10. I throw a small tantrum if my books get damaged, but I don't have a problem with used books.


I KNOW, THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.


These were my ten facts - share with me random facts about yourself and/or tell me facts about yourself that are related to mines somehow! 

Link in your TTT and I'll be sure to check it out! :) 

27 comments:

  1. I so agree on being afraid of the dark! I need some sort of light in my room when I sleep, and it's annoying because the rest of my family need complete darkness to sleep, so whenever we're in a hotel room all together I have to suffer in a complete put of darkness.

    I also recently gave up on the tv series Glee. I find it really hard as well to keep up with series that aren't your favourites, and this is one where I felt like it was just a chore to watch. It's time consuming, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having to sleep in darkness sucks so bad. I so recognize the hotel room situation.

      Glee is a tv series I gave up on too! I think I only watched the first two season and didn't have the patience to continue, even though I did enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit that I'm a little afraid of the dark too. I have way too much of a vivid imagination...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I can totally see things lurking in the shadows... even though my mind knows NOTHING is there. lol

      Delete
  3. Baking isn't hard. Just follow the instructions. If I can do it - anyone can! And as for the meat thing - if it's a big deal for you just make things where you don't have to touch the raw meat. Use the stuff which is already cut for things like stirfries and it can go straight from the packet it comes in, straight into the pan without being touched by human hands.

    I lose track of shows. I like being able to watch them in a row. Or once every week. But if it changes time slots or I catch up and forget it's come back on then I lose track. Like Supernatural. I think I'm 7 seasons behind now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for the encouragement and the advice! That's what I usually do too with tv shows - and when I end up not watching one show for weeks or months, there's a huge chance I'll get bored.

      Delete
  4. I completely relate to number 10; thought that it was just me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. I'm glad I'm not the only one! *high-five*

      Delete
  5. I'm horrible with TV shows and movies. My husband practically has to drag me to the movie theater. Yes, I know, anti-social much. Actually I just don't enjoy the visual medium as much...I can read a book in almost the amount of time it takes for the movie to play...so...why? Yep, I'm definitely weird. :P

    Also, #10: YES. So me. God forbid you damage my shiny new books! But give me an old beat up paperback and that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't think you're weird - your reasons make sense. I'll always prefer reading over movies and shows, even though I enjoy them too. Reading is a lot more fun and enjoyable than watching visual medium.

      Yay, *high-five* I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :D

      Delete
  6. Hi Veronika,

    You've made me smile today, you're like a kindred spirit! :)

    I walk around in the dark clutching my phone too, more cos I'm ridiculously clumsy but also cos I don't like it when its pitch black. It feels like a weight on my chest even if I know my surroundings.

    Ugh I'm so far behind with TV series. I have all of True Blood but I've not got past season 5 and I've missed all of the new series of The 100. Supernatural on the other hand I'm up to date with but it's a rare occurance.

    I love talking about books too but I hate recommending books to people, I feel like someone has mortally wounded me if they hate a book I loved.

    It's lovely getting to know you,
    Happy Reading
    Rachel @ Paein-and-Ms4Tune

    Ps you can buy sliced meat so I'm sure you'll be fine just throw it in the pan real quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made ME smile. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does these things. :)

      Haha, clumsy, I'm that too! Even in daylight I constantly bump into things.

      Oh my, that's kind of amazing about Supernatural! That's one long show!

      I totally get that - in the past year or so, I've been very careful with what I recommended because it pains me when my friends end up disliking my favorites.

      Delete
  7. 1. I don't particularly care about the dark. As for your story, it was kind of funny, but my heart broke for you a little all the same!
    2. There's always the odd song you don't "love-love". It's normal. But now I'll go and listen to the whole Queen and Billy Joel catalogue, if you excuse me ;).
    3. Not scared of doctors, but it's so boring when you have to go see one.
    4. I thought my hubby was the pickiest eater ever, but you definitely take the cake (pun intended LOL). I love most vegetables AND SEAFOOD!!! We can't be friends anymore if you don't like seafood GRRR. (Yeah, right. I'm married to a cannibal. He hates seafood and most vegetables too. You could have interesting conversations, except for meat. LOL).
    5. I never watch movies, but...
    6. ...I LOVE my TV shows, and swear eternal love to them. Even when they begin to go downhill a little (see: Supernatural).
    7. DO YOU O_O? LOL. Let's talk together!
    8. I'm not what you would call a master chef, but well, I manage to put stuff on the table LOL. The sight/feel of meat doesn't revolt me. I even eviscerate fishes if I have to. Please don't faint now LOL. I suppose it's easier to adjust when you actually LIKE to eat something. Now, you only have to marry a cook... ;)
    9. I don't like sweets. Almost any kind of sweets. Not joking! So it's not like I want to decorate them LOL.
    10. I buy used books too, when there's a reason (I even have some very old ones thrillers that aren't easy to find nowadays). But I, um, write on my NEW books with a pencil sometimes. Now it's you who wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore LOL.

    It was funny to read about your little quirks ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I even have some very old ones thrillers".
      I meant to erase the word "ones"...

      Delete
    2. 1. Your heart SHOULD indeed break for me, because it was pretty awful.
      2. Still, I wish there were artists who only had songs I was 100% into. :P
      3. I wish it was boring for me! But I'm incredibly freaked out every single time - like, close to a hear-attack freaked out.
      4. Seafood is the worst. I'm so glad it's not THAT popular in Hungary.
      5,6 - Haha, from your tv show the latter was totally clear.
      8. God no, why did you have to say to mention the fish-stuff!? I can't even bear to write it down again. lol
      9. WHAT? Are you even a human? :O
      10. Well, at least it's a pencil, that's one of the lightest "damages" one could cause to a book. :D

      Delete
    3. 9. No. I am a robot. But since you don't use CAPTCHA... ;D

      Delete
  8. I love going to the movies. I love sitting in a cold theater and watching movies with popcorn and M&Ms. I am not good at watching tv either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! It's just so much better than watching sg at home - I also feel like I pay a lot more attention to the movies in the theater.

      Delete
  9. I'm a picky eater, but that's only because I've developed food allergies/sensitivities over the past 3 years. :-( It sucks because I no longer eat out, which is something I use to do all the time.


    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/07/top-ten-tuesday-ten-facts-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm sorry that happened to you. :( I wouldn't say I understand what that's like, but I've seen how hard that is because on of my friends had food allergies, too.

      Delete
  10. It's totally normal to not love all of your favourite artists' songs!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/top-ten-tuesday-65/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, it'd still be cool to say that I love EVERYTHING by one particular artist.

      Delete
  11. I can't be in the complete dark either. I get the creeps easily and I just can't deal LOL I love night-time when I have light ;) and I don't always love every single song a favourite singer releases but right now I'm obsessed with Ariana Grande's new album and also Hamilton, the music. I listen to it all the time, non-stop.
    Oh, and I can't cook for the love of me. That Lawrence gif is the perfect representation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, even though I KNOW that nothing bad awaits me in the dark. Ariana's new album is SO GOOD - again, I don't like all the songs, but many. I have only listened to a few songs from Hamilton so far - I really love You'll Be Back, for example.

      Delete
  12. I just love this week's theme. I love reading random facts about everyone. :)
    I've always been super skittish about dr visits. I've gotten a bit better over the years but I still get pretty worked up over them. And I'm totally a picky eater too. I wish I wasn't but some things... I just can't.

    Tanya @ GIRL PLUS BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It was also really fun to think of all these random facts about myself. :)
      Huh, good for you! Hope that'll eventually happen to me too. Non-picky eaters have a much easier life! :)

      Delete
  13. I totally love going to the movies too - the after is better for the crowds and my wallet. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)