Monday, July 4

Master List of 120+ Trilogies


The fear from series is REAL. Don't tell me you've never before felt a tad bit overwhelmed by all those long ass, never ending series out there. Don't get me wrong, I love their guts, but sometimes I want something shorter and more manageable. That is precisely when trilogies come in handy. Sure, standalones can offer us a breath of fresh air, as well, but that's a topic for another day. :)

Problem is, I usually have a hard time finding THE trilogy that I'm in the mood for at that exact moment, and when I go on a search for them I end up getting distracted - is it just me who spends hours on the internet sometimes doing absolutely nothing, even though I started browsing for a reason?  - and unable to choose. This summer I'm planning on doing lots of reading, so I decided to make a master list of trilogies to help myself and the rest of you, lovely people out. 

To make the list more manageable, I divided the trilogies by genre. Have fun looking through my list, share with me your thoughts on these novels + tell me if you know any wonderful trilogies that NEED to be on it and I'll make sure to add them. 

I wanted to make this post a bit more personal, but each and every way I could think of to mark which trilogies I read/loved/disliked made the post look really overwhelming. But you can always check out my Goodreads account if you're interested.

Also, click on the covers for GR page. 




Adult
Historical Fiction

Castles Ever After
  

Cemetery of Forgotten Books
  
                                                 

Contemporary Romance and Chick Lit


Queen of Babble
  

Love Me with Lies
  

Fantasy

Captive Prince
  

All Souls
  

The Magicians
  

New Adult
Contemporary Romance

2B
  

Perfect Chemistry
  

Crash
  

Breathing
  

Slammed
  

Too Far
+ first book from the hero's pov
  

Mental Illness:


Asylum
  

Fantasy and Paranormal


The Dark Elements
  


Young Adult
Contemporary Romance


Anna and the French Kiss
  

How To Ruin
   

Airhead
  

L. A. Candy
  

Summer
  


Fantasy and Paranormal

Shapeshifters:

Nightshade
  

The Dark Divine
  

Darkness Rising
  

Firelight
  

Faeries:

Wondrous Strange
  

Paranormalcy
  

Modern Faerie Tales
  

Faeriewalker
  


Vampires:

Blood of Eden
  

Retelling:

Splintered
  

Tales of Beauty and Madness
  

The Princesses of Westfalin

  

Mythology:

The Syrena Legacy
  

Lotus War
  

Paper Gods
  

Abandon
  

Existence
  

Starcrossed
  

Everneath
  

Goddess Test
  

Angels & Demons:

Daughter of Smoke & Bone
  

Halo
  

Sweet
+ a companion from the hero's pov
  

Angelfire
  

Unearthly
  

Penryn and the End of the Days
  

Magic:
(witches, warlock and all the cool stuff)
  
Curse Workers
  

Kanin Chronicles
  

Elemental
  

  Mara Dyer
  

The Lynburn Legacy
  

Spellcaster
  

Darkest Powers
  

Night Angel
  

Glass
  

Rebel Belle
  

The Grisha
  

Hex Hall
  

Half Bad
  

Trylle
  

Malediction
  


Time Travel:
Precious Stone
  

Hourglass
  

Kings & Queens:

Winner's
  

Graceling Realm
  

The Ascendance
  

Ghosts + Reincarnation:

Nevermore
  

Burn for Burn
  

New Soul
  

Adventure:

The Lord of the Rings
  

Lumatere Chronicles
  


Other:

Dream Catcher
  

Revenants
  

Horror or Thriller

Asylum
  

Bad Girls Don't Die
  

Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children
  

The Forest of Hands and Teeth
  
  

Historical Fiction

Gemma Doyle
  

The Cahill Witch Chronicles
  

Grave Mercy
  

Chantress
  

The Madman's Daughter
  


Scarlet
  

The Dispossessed 
  

Steampunk:

Something Strange and Deadly
  

The Infernal Devices
  


Dystopia

Hunger Games
  

Jenna Fox Chronicles
  

Delirium
  

Pure
  

The Darkest Minds
  

Matched
  

Taken
  

The Maze Runner
  

MILA 2.0
  

Divergent
  

The Testing
  

Shatter Me
  


Ashes
  

The 5th Wave
  

Razorland
  

Starbound
  

Across the Universe
  

The Chemical Garden
  

Slated
  

Red Rising
  

Under the Never Sky
  

Chaos Walking
  

Legend
  

Partials
  


Mystery

Jasper Dent
  

Thrillogy
  
                                                 

Every
  

Middle Grade

Kane Chronicles
  

His Dark Materials
  


Started Out as a Trilogy

The Selection
  

The Mortal Instruments
  

Shiver
  

Millennium
  

 Study
  

Mistborn
  

Uglies
  


16 comments:

  1. Wow, this post is incredible. It must have taken such effort to create! I applaud you :) I also quite like trilogies, although lately I must admit I'm more intrigued by the idea of a duology. I've definitely seen some favorites on this list, like LotR and the Malediction trilogy. I also really enjoyed the Jasper Dent trilogy, it was a great YA thriller/mystery read.

    I hope you have a great summer with lots of trilogy-reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been thinking about making a list of duologies, too, but I don't know that many, so that'd take a lot more effort. I've only read I Hunt Killers, so far, but I can't wait to pick up the other two JD novels!

      Thanks, wish you a great summer, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my ! I haven't read many of those trilogies, although some are on my to-read list! I definitely agree with you, trilogies are so much better than series, that go on and on and become boring!
    Lovely post :)

    Followed you on bloglovin', feel free to check mine^^
    "Book Addict"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them, because sometimes, especially with longer series, the readers are not told at the beginning the number of books - with trilogies that's never an issues. And even when the author ends up continuing it, the third book tends to have a closed ending. :)

      Delete
  3. CAN I JUST APPLAUD YOUR MASSIVE EFFORT IN MAKING THIS MASTER LIST <3

    All the love! I only saw 4 trilogies here that I have finished, and some of them are those that I've read but never finished! It's stressful how I feel obliged to continue a trilogy that I really like. I mean, I have to hunt the book down in book stores, and there goes all the WAITING, and the buying. IT'S HARD :(

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. <33
      I feel you - the waiting KILLS me every single time. So much so that I'm VERY hesitant to start newly published first books in a series, bc I know that I'll have to wait around two years for the final book.

      Delete
  4. SO many amazing series!! Seriously though, this must have taken FOREVER *applause*

    I read The Immortal Rules a while back and loved it! While it is slightly dark, it's so good.

    I actually felt really accomplished when I scrolled down to the Fantasy/Paranormal section and I had read (or at least read one or two of the books) 22/52 :) And 11/24 for dystopias! It's kind of nice to know that I am making headway in my gigantic TBR list :)

    This is such a great idea though! I've been thinking about doing a series wrap-up (of all of the series' that I've read) for a while now and this gave me the push to actually do it!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually didn't take as long as everyone thinks, but I'm glad it seems helpful. :D

      I'm really interested in that trilogy, but I just have the feeling that I won't like it. IDK, why. lol

      Wow, that's amazing! I've only read/started 15 from Fantasy and 12 from the Dystopia - but honestly, I doubt I'll finish the ones that I haven't yet. I'm not sure why, but I have a really hard time finishing series, even if they only consists of two books.

      Yay, I'd love to see you do that, Laura! I've been thinking about doing sg like that, as I'd already shared about the series I don't think I'll finish. :)

      Delete
  5. Than you SO much for taking the time to make this post! I'll definitely be bookmarking it and referring back to it when I want a new (completed) series to try out. I'm pleased to say I've read a handful of these, but there are loads that I've never even heard of as well. Best get reading!

    Charlotte @ Bookmarks and Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it and find it helpful! :) I tried to add as many less well-known ones as I could find, bc I feel like we're mostly talking about THE SAME super-hyped series all the time. Happy reading. :)

      Delete
  6. Can't even begin to imagine how much time this might have taken you to do so a full round of applause for you! I've read a few of this list and there are others I wanna read in the (near) future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. Hope you'll have time to read them and will enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  7. Holy shit. Haha. I am definitely bookmarking this post for future reference! Trilogies are my favorite type of series; 3 books almost always seems perfect to tell the story the author wants. Though, I can imagine they are incredibly difficult to write. Thanks for doing this post, Veronika! It's so helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad it was helpful!! Mine too, even though I do think that some trilogies would work much better as duologies. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much, I have bookmarked this! I think the Science Fiction authors are falling behind and need to step up & produce some good trilogies.

    My Most Recent Discussion: Panning for Gold: Living with Chronic TBR Overflow Pt 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this post was helpful! Haha, true, they really should write more trilogies! :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)