Wednesday, June 29

Waiting on Wednesday - This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.



This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab 

There’s no such thing as safe in a city at war, a city overrun with monsters. In this dark urban fantasy from acclaimed author Victoria Schwab, a young woman and a young man must choose whether to become heroes or villains—and friends or enemies—with the future of their home at stake. The first of two books, This Savage Song is a must-have for fans of Holly Black, Maggie Stiefvater, and Laini Taylor.

Kate Harker and August Flynn are the heirs to a divided city—a city where the violence has begun to breed actual monsters. All Kate wants is to be as ruthless as her father, who lets the monsters roam free and makes the humans pay for his protection. All August wants is to be human, as good-hearted as his own father, to play a bigger role in protecting the innocent—but he’s one of the monsters. One who can steal a soul with a simple strain of music. When the chance arises to keep an eye on Kate, who’s just been kicked out of her sixth boarding school and returned home, August jumps at it. But Kate discovers August’s secret, and after a failed assassination attempt the pair must flee for their lives. 

In This Savage Song, Victoria Schwab creates a gritty, seething metropolis, one worthy of being compared to Gotham and to the four versions of London in her critically acclaimed fantasy for adults, A Darker Shade of Magic. Her heroes will face monsters intent on destroying them from every side—including the monsters within.


I'm yet to read a book by Victoria E. Schwab. 
*silence*

But this looks like a good place to start, doesn't it? I love the cover and the blurb sounds really exciting. The hype surrounding the book may/may not have made me want to read it, but it sure sounds amazing! 


What about you? Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! 

16 comments:

  1. I saw this one on a blog last week....it's got an interesting synopsis! Thanks for sharing it. Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does sound interesting- hope the book is just as awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good read. It maybe even better now that Snape approves!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's bound to be amazing since Snape approves ;)

      Delete
  3. Quote:
    "I'm yet to read a book by Victoria E. Schwab.
    *silence*"
    Haha, that makes two of us.

    But I have TSS in my TBR list too...you know, unusual monsters, peculiar idea, no romance...=grabby hands here ;).

    It would be fun to do a buddy read or joint review one day, though I don't know when I'll actually get to read this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised! We don't normally read the same books, do we? This is awesome- I'd love to buddy read this with you! Let's see if we can actually fix a date for it when we do get around to it!!

      Delete
  4. This was my WOW too. So happy it's Snape approves! LOL! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay- that's awesome! Hope we both enjoy this one :))

      Delete
  5. I haven't read a book by this author yet, but I need to! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! I'm relieved there are people like me out there who are yet to read a book by this author :D

      Delete
  6. This book is new to me. Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10825”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dani! Hope you pick it up sometime :)

      Delete
  7. I WANT THIS BOOK TOO <3 I should feel guilty because I have NEVER (in my life) read a book by the author. At all. And I am widely aware over how popular the author is, and it makes me feel guilty :( I'd love to read this soon! <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh- I'm seriously weirdly happy that there are so many people who are yet to try books by V. E. Schwab :D Hope we get to pick up any book at all by this insanely popular author soon! :))

      Delete
  8. I wanna read this book too. I've read The Archived duology by her and I have yet to read Vicious which I own so I wanna get to that one first since it's a standalone and wait to get to this new release. It's a series and I hate waiting LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely hate waiting when it comes to sequels, but this one has sure piqued my interest! Hope you pick up Vicious sometime soon, Noelia :))

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)