Wednesday, June 15

Waiting on Wednesday - And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.



And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1) by Kiersten White 

NO ONE EXPECTS A PRINCESS TO BE BRUTAL. 


And Lada Dragwlya likes it that way. Ever since she and her gentle younger brother, Radu, were wrenched from their homeland of Wallachia and abandoned by their father to be raised in the Ottoman courts, Lada has known that being ruthless is the key to survival. She and Radu are doomed to act as pawns in a vicious game, an unseen sword hovering over their every move. For the lineage that makes them special also makes them targets.

Lada despises the Ottomans and bides her time, planning her vengeance for the day when she can return to Wallachia and claim her birthright. Radu longs only for a place where he feels safe. And when they meet Mehmed, the defiant and lonely son of the sultan, who’s expected to rule a nation, Radu feels that he’s made a true friend—and Lada wonders if she’s finally found someone worthy of her passion.


But Mehmed is heir to the very empire that Lada has sworn to fight against—and that Radu now considers home. Together, Lada, Radu, and Mehmed form a toxic triangle that strains the bonds of love and loyalty to the breaking point.


From New York Times bestselling author Kiersten White comes the first book in a dark, sweeping new series in which heads will roll, bodies will be impaled . . . and hearts will be broken. 

A female anti-hero retelling of Vlad the Impaler with heads rolling, bodies being impaled, and hearts being broken? 
That sounds absolutely kickass! I'd love this book, thank you very much. 


What about you? Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! 

16 comments:

  1. THE COVER IS SO GORGEOUS O____O Now I kinda want to read this too! I mean, based on the synopsis itself, I am already curious and intrigued over how the story would come off. I love fantasy novels! <3 Thanks for bringing this book into my radar, Ruzi! I've never heard of it, but I'm quite interested now. Haha.

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so too, Jill! Hope we both enjoy this one :))

      Delete
  2. Oh, great pick. I can't wait to read it, and I hope we both love it. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Petra! Hope you have a great rest-of-the-week! :D

      Delete
  3. I am not sure if I want this one or not. Hopefully, it will be good. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for this one! Really hope so :))

      Delete
  4. Love the cover and the blurb. Seems like an exciting read with a fierce female character and an intense plot. Thanks for sharing. Hope we all enjoy it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It truly sounds amazing- I absolutely loved the blurb :))

      Delete
  5. I've seen this one a lot today, hope it's great!!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cover is enough for me to pick up the book but it sounds amazing, too! I have seen it a couple times and it's already on my list :) Enjoy!

    I'm waiting for Breathless by Kelly Martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we both enjoy it, Megan! It sure sounds really, really good :)

      Delete
  7. I read this one already, and sadly it wasn't to my liking. It has a lot more character development and political conflict than anything else. I hope you enjoy it though!!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, so many bloggers whose opinions I really value seem to have disliked this book. What a pity! i was really looking forward to this one and now I'm not so sure. :((

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)