Wednesday, May 4

Waiting on Wednesday - Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1) by Alyson Noël


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.

Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1) by Alyson Noël

Everyone wants to be someone.


Layla Harrison wants to leave her beach-bum days for digs behind a reporter’s desk. Aster Amirpour wants to scream at the next casting director who tells her “we need ethnic but not your kind of ethnic.” Tommy Phillips dreams of buying a twelve-string guitar and using it to shred his way back into his famous absentee dad’s life.


But Madison Brooks took destiny and made it her bitch a long time ago.


She’s Hollywood’s hottest starlet, and the things she did to become the name on everyone’s lips are merely a stain on the pavement, ground beneath her Louboutin heel.


That is, until Layla, Aster, and Tommy find themselves with a VIP invite to the glamorous and gritty world of Los Angeles’s nightlife and lured into a high-stakes competition where Madison Brooks is the target. Just as their hopes begin to gleam like stars through the California smog, Madison Brooks goes missing. . . . And all of their hopes are blacked out in the haze of their lies.


Unrivaled is #1 New York Times bestselling author Alyson Noël’s first book in a thrilling suspense trilogy about how our most desperate dreams can become our darkest nightmares.

I knew I just had to read this book when I read that blurb- talk about awesome! It looks like just the perfect blend of fun and mystery, and the setting being Hollywood makes it all the more interesting!


The characters sound intriguing, the cover sure is different, and all that coupled with that delicious blurb makes me very, very interested in this book! What say, guys?

Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
Tell me what you think in the comments below! 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried her books yet, but I've always wanted to. I have to say, this one sounds good and the cover kinda piques my curiosity as well, so I might decide to start right from this one :)

    Thanks for sharing and also for the lovely message you left on my Blogoversary post, much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five years is a huge deal, Sylvia! You deserve all the love you receive and more :))
      Hope you end up loving this book!!

      Delete
  2. YES! Love this author and this premise sounds so good! Definitely want to read this one

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by this author before, but I'm glad to see you do :) Hope you enjoy this when you get around to it, Eva!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book. Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!

    Happy Reading! Dani @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dani! It sure does sound interesting :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author before, but this sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts about this book, Sandra :D Thank you!

      Delete
  5. This one does look good. There are a lot of people waiting on it. I am hoping that all the hype is true.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hype does make me a tad bit wary- high hopes for this nevertheless! :)

      Delete
  6. This looks like such an interesting book, I swear <3 I had no idea Alyson Noel is releasing another book sometime. And i love the fact that it's set in Hollywood! I'm not a fan of the author, but maybe I'll check this out because the cover is gorgeous and it looks really interesting HAHA <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to see you're excited about this book, Jill! Hope you decide to pick it up soon and end up loving it :D

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)