Wednesday, May 18

Waiting on Wednesday - Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.

Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee

San Francisco, 1906: Fifteen-year-old Mercy Wong is determined to break from the poverty in Chinatown, and an education at St. Clare’s School for Girls is her best hope. Although St. Clare’s is off-limits to all but the wealthiest white girls, Mercy gains admittance through a mix of cunning and a little bribery, only to discover that getting in was the easiest part. Not to be undone by a bunch of spoiled heiresses, Mercy stands strong—until disaster strikes.

On April 18, an historic earthquake rocks San Francisco, destroying Mercy’s home and school. With martial law in effect, she is forced to wait with her classmates for their families in a temporary park encampment. Mercy can't sit by while they wait for the Army to bring help. Fires might rage, and the city may be in shambles, yet Mercy still has the 'bossy' cheeks that mark her as someone who gets things done. But what can one teenaged girl do to heal so many suffering in her broken city?


Beautiful cover, 
history, 
culture, 
diversity, 
strong female lead...
What else could you possibly need from such a book? 

My interest is definitely piqued. 

I'm looking forward to see the kind of journey the author would take us on, and given that this is my first time reading one of her books, I'm willing to dive into Outrun the Moon with an open mind- I do have high hopes for this one, though! 


What about you? 
Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! 

14 comments:

  1. This one seems to me making the rounds! It looks good, will be waiting on your review.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it- sounds so good! :))

      Delete
  2. Oh my! This sounds amazing. I'm such a sucker for historical fiction. Thanks for sharing :) Adding to my TBR now!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does sound amazing! Hope you get to read it soon, Lillian! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for this one too! I need to pick up her other novel as well, I heard it was stellar! Great pic!
    Here's my WoW !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her other book yet, either! Thanks for the reminder, Kate! :D

      Delete
  4. This does sound really interesting! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I do so hope it's as good as it sounds :))

      Delete
  5. That cover is so good! I really want to read this one, too

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is sure gorgeous :) I do hope the book lives up to our expectations!!

      Delete
  6. I;m not a huge historical fiction reader but you are right this cover is BEAUTIFUL and it does sound interesting. I'll keep it in my mind to revisit later on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure sounds great- hope you get to read it some time soon, Eve! :))

      Delete
  7. This book is new to me but sounds very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound very interesting :) Hope you pick it up someday soon!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)