Sunday, May 15

The Ten Book Tag Challenge


I was tagged by Dash @ The Swashbuckler and I'm really, really excited because it's been so long since I did one! Without further ado, here goes! 


The rules:

List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. 
Do not take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. 
They do not have to be the “right” books or great works of literature, 
just ones that have affected you in some way. 
Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list.


(Click on the pictures for the link to Goodreads/my review)



It's been almost ten months since I read this book and I still can't think of a more poignant, hard-hitting book. The fact that it was based on a true story just left me speechless. I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister by Amélie Sarn. 



Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling will always be that special book that opened a whole new world to me- both literally and figuratively. Though I find it difficult to choose just one favorite from this fantastic series, this book is, without doubt, the most special. 



I went into this book with a LOT of expectations. Everyone I knew seemed to have loved it, but the catalyst to my picking this book up was Veronika, who absolutely adored this book and had no end of praise for it. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is one book that you just can't afford to pass!



Want to know how much I loved this book? Miles and miles and miles! Me Before You by Jojo Moyes was a book that succeeded in making me go through a tornado of beautiful emotions and I still haven't got over it. The sequel helped, but it wasn't enough to make the pain go away.



I've loved a lot of series over the years, but The Baby Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin will always be special for the nostalgia that it induces in me. My childhood best friend and I simply adored this series and always dreamed about starting a local babysitting business ourselves- this series made it look like so much fun!  *sighs*



While I just love almost all the books in The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot, Royal Wedding is one my favorites, mainly because of how much  I loved Mia and Michael together in it- it was a simply lovely addition to the series! I do wish we had more of them in the book, though. Veronika and I buddy read the book together and wrote a discussion review for it- it was so much fun! 



Enid Blyton is my most favorite childhood author, and St. Clare's is one of my most favorite series by her. While I love re-reading all the books in this series, the one I've read the most number of times is Fifth Formers of St. Clare's. It's tons of fun and I love it to bits because of just how perfect it is! 




This is the first book that really, truly emotionally wrecked me. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green was heart-breaking, incredibly thought-provoking and both humorous and sad at the same time, and remains as my favorite John Green book so far! 



Feels. the first word that comes to my mind when I think of The Wrath and The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh is feels. While months later I kind of feel that I let my emotions get the better of me, this book is still one heck of a ride. The writing, characters, world-building- everything is at its best here. That cliffhanger, though!




This book will always be special to me for the frustration it gave me. there's something called "trying too hard", and Dare Me by Megan Abbott is definitely it. It tries too hard to be a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma and fails miserably at it.

**********


Well, that was pretty easy! Now I'm supposed to tag 10 people, but since zeros are negligible anyway, I decided to tag just one special little muffin- 
my lovely new blogger friend Divya @ Endless Pages- and of course, YOU if you're interested!

8 comments:

  1. Tfios is absolutely saddening and yet so beautiful at the same time, *sniffles*. I just finished The Wrath and the Dawn and it was SO GOOD! I thought that the writing was beautiful, and the book was also educational for someone like me who doesn't know much about Arabian culture. LOVED IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's two words to sum TFioS perfectly- saddening and beautiful! I'm glad you enjoyed TWatD, Emily! The world-building and writing were sure great :))

      Delete
  2. I am yet to read Gone Girl and Renee Ahdieh's books, now I cannot wait to read I love, I hate, I miss my sister. Caz well, that's exactly how I feel about mine. I'm intrigued to see what the book says. Love your choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO READ GONE GIRL NOWWW!!!!! I do so hope you pick it up soon, it's beyond awesome! Haha, I love, I hate, I miss my sister is quite a serious book- really hope you'd like it :)

      Delete
  3. Love this!! And bonus points for The Baby-Sitters Club!! I loved those books SO. MUCH. Totally agree about the feels in Wrath too. And TFIOS ::sobs:: And now you definitely made me want to read I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister! Your description makes it sound incredible! Very fun list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Baby-Sitters Club series was so, so good! Glad you feel the same way about Wrath and TFioS :D You just have to read I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister, Shannon! It was such a thought-provoking book :))

      Delete
  4. Yes! Harry Potter will always be special to me. I also watched TFIOS two days ago, and even though I didn't love the book, the movie makes me want to drown my tears in ice cream. I think Me Before You will top that times three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird, but I think I might be one of the very few people who loved the book better than the movie when it comes to TFiOS. However I'm pretty sure Me Before You would be positively devastating. The movie, I mean :) Hope we both enjoy it ;)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)