Wednesday, April 20

Waiting on Wednesday - The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

Cursed with a horoscope that promises a marriage of Death and Destruction, sixteen-year-old Maya has only earned the scorn and fear of her father's kingdom. Content to follow more scholarly pursuits, her world is upheaved when her father, the Raja, arranges a wedding of political convenience to quell outside rebellions. But when her wedding takes a fatal turn, Maya becomes the queen of Akaran and wife of Amar. Yet neither roles are what she expected. As Akaran's queen, she finds her voice and power. As Amar's wife, she finds friendship and warmth.

But Akaran has its own secrets - thousands of locked doors, gardens of glass, and a tree that bears memories instead of fruit. Beneath Akaran's magic, Maya begins to suspect her life is in danger. When she ignores Amar's plea for patience, her discoveries put more than new love at risk - it threatens the balance of all realms, human and Otherworldly.

Now, Maya must confront a secret that spans reincarnated lives and fight her way through the dangerous underbelly of the Otherworld if she wants to protect the people she loves.


Inspired by Indian mythology.


I've been wanting to read this book ever since I came across it on Twitter- that blurb! Then the cover came around, and the rest, as they say, is history! *winks*


I love that this book is inspired from Indian mythology and I love that it has a strong female lead- go diversity, and go girlpower!!!


What about you? Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! 

16 comments:

  1. Between the beautiful cover and that great synopsis, this is one that I'm excited about as well! I've been entering contests left and right to try to win a copy. I think there is one on Goodreads at the moment too. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it- I've been waiting for this book since forever- and the hype surrounding it is phenomenal as well! :D

      Delete
  2. I've seen this one around a lot, hope it's wonderful!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost EVERYONE I know is either waiting for this book or reading it! I hope it's wonderful too :))

      Delete
  3. I sadly couldn't get into this one, but I truly hope you love it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm kinda sad you're not into this- but maybe you will, once the reviews start pouring in *winks*

      Delete
  4. This looks like something I will enjoy reading. Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it sometime soon, Dani! :))

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I'm in the middle of this one right now! Thank you goodreads giveaway! It's great so far, so this was a very wise choice of WoW :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, I'm sooo jealous! *sniffles* I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it anyway. Makes me all the more excited for it :D

      Delete
  6. This does sound really good! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does sound good! Can't waiiit for it :))

      Delete
  7. Oooh, I've seen this one floating around, and I finally read the summary on your post. This one sure does sound good, and I love a good Indian mythology story ever since I read Tiger's Curse. I will definitely check this book out:)
    Btw, I love your blog title:3 Followed you via GFC. Here is my WOW:

    http://theskareader.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-neverland-wars_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I love that this is inspired by Indian mythology (and thanks for that heads up about Tiger's Curse)! Can't wait to get my hands on it :))

      Thank you, Diane!

      Delete
  8. I am so excited for this too! The concept sounds so unique (I mean, a Hades and Persephone retelling with Indian mythology?! How cool is that!) Hopefully the execution is as amazing as the concept. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinning high hopes on this book to turn out to be great :)) Thank you, Zoe!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)