Wednesday, April 13

Waiting on Wednesday - The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn #2) by Renee Ahdieh


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.

The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn #2) by Renee Ahdieh

The much anticipated sequel to the breathtaking The Wrath and the Dawn, lauded by Publishers Weekly as "a potent page-turner of intrigue and romance."

I am surrounded on all sides by a desert. A guest, in a prison of sand and sun. My family is here. And I do not know whom I can trust

In a land on the brink of war, Shahrzad has been torn from the love of her husband Khalid, the Caliph of Khorasan. She once believed him a monster, but his secrets revealed a man tormented by guilt and a powerful curse—one that might keep them apart forever. Reunited with her family, who have taken refuge with enemies of Khalid, and Tariq, her childhood sweetheart, she should be happy. But Tariq now commands forces set on destroying Khalid's empire. Shahrzad is almost a prisoner caught between loyalties to people she loves. But she refuses to be a pawn and devises a plan.

While her father, Jahandar, continues to play with magical forces he doesn't yet understand, Shahrzad tries to uncover powers that may lie dormant within her. With the help of a tattered old carpet and a tempestuous but sage young man, Shahrzad will attempt to break the curse and reunite with her one true love.

I've been counting down days to the release of this book ever since I read it's prequel- The Wrath and the Dawn- because it ended with the greatest cliffhanger ever and left me feeling like-


I am pretty damn sure the author would have come up with another truly amazing story this time too, and I simply cannot wait for it! 


What about you? Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! 

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Wrath and the Dawn yet, but I've been hearing so many great things and reading such enthusiastic posts about it that I'll definitely give it a go! Hope the sequel works great for you :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you should definitely read The Wrath and the Dawn soon! Come on, quick!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm so behind. I have had the first book on my TBR pile since this time last year. I had it on my March TBR, but didn't get to it. I guess I need to soon! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you pick it up soon- like, right now!! :)) Thank you, Lisa!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You definitely heard right- I just LOVED TWatD!! :)

      Delete
  4. Aw yes!! I have the first book with me though, but I haven't gotten to it yet because I'm sort of scared! HAHA. But so many people say that it's really good, which was the reason why I bought the first book in the first place. I hope you get to read this soon!! Great pick!

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you pick up the first book really soon, Jill! You can be right on time for the second one then! :D

      Delete
  5. ive heard many good things about this series but i havent had the time to read the first book :(

    i'm also your new bloglovin follower!
    check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope you pick up The Wrath and the Dawn soon!

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about its prequel yet havent been able to get my hands on it...I want to read it so bad! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're missing out BIG time! -_- I hope you get to read it soon, Zena! :))

      Delete
  7. Ooh I am super excited for this and the terrible, terrible dilemma of not preordering it because I have another edition and must wait to match covers huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww- that's really awful! :D I hope you get the matching cover soon :P

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)