Wednesday, April 6

Waiting on Wednesday - The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.


The Land of 10,000 Madonnas by Kate Hattemer

Five teens backpack through Europe to fulfill the mysterious dying wish of their friend.

Jesse lives with his history professor dad in a house covered with postcards of images of the Madonna from all over the world. They’re gotten used to this life: two motherless dudes living among thousands of Madonnas. But Jesse has a heart condition that will ultimately cut his life tragically short. Before he dies, he arranges a mysterious trip to Europe for his three cousins, his best friend, and his girlfriend to take after he passes away. It’s a trip that will forever change the lives of these young teens and one that will help them come to terms with Jesse’s death.

Reading the blurb reminded me of PS. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern which I read recently and loved- and so I knew I just had to read this book. Where in the previous the husband had a list of things written for the wife to do on his death so that she can ultimately learn to accept the fact that he's no more and help her to move on, here we get a guy who arranges a mysterious trip for his three cousins, his best friend, and his girlfriend to take on his death. A trip that would help them get over his untimely passing away. 


With an interesting premise like this that hints at dynamic relationships and some emotional moments, not to mention coming to terms with the death of a loved one, The Land of 10,000 Madonnas sure sounds like my kind of book and I can't wait to see just how good it is!

What about you? Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! 

8 comments:

  1. OHHHH BUT THIS IS SO SAD. But also awesome too I have to admit. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/04/06/wow-michael-met-mina/ (In case I was too subtle, I like angst but like happier endings more!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sad and awesome just about sums up that blurb, Verushka! :D

      Delete
  2. I think I'lll skip this one because I realised I do not enjoy reading books with road-trips, but I hope you'll enjoy it once you read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but road trips are so much FUN!!! *sad face*

      Delete
  3. This one sounds goo -- I've seen it around a lot and I still love that cover! Love a good road trip

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cover is too cute! Hope you pick it up someday soon, Eva!

      Delete
  4. Ooh~ this one sounds like an interesting read. The title is also very interesting as it captures my attention. Great pick! Now I know about this book and may read it one day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! It sure does look interesting :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)