Wednesday, March 23

Waiting on Wednesday - The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.

The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski 

War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it with untrustworthy new allies and the empire as his enemy. Though he has convinced himself that he no longer loves Kestrel, Arin hasn’t forgotten her, or how she became exactly the kind of person he has always despised. She cared more for the empire than she did for the lives of innocent people—and certainly more than she did for him. 

At least, that’s what he thinks.

In the frozen north, Kestrel is a prisoner in a brutal work camp. As she searches desperately for a way to escape, she wishes Arin could know what she sacrificed for him. She wishes she could make the empire pay for what they’ve done to her.

But no one gets what they want just by wishing.

As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover that the world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and they are caught in between. With so much to lose, can anybody really win?

You wouldn't even be asking why I'm waiting on this book if you've read it's prequels. *shakes head* And if you haven't read the first two books of this trilogy, I beg you to please, please, please read them because they are THE BEST. At least, they are, if you like books where the author ruthlessly rips your heart out of your chest and stomps on it. 


Marie Rutkoski made me fall in love with her writing with just one book- the second one only made me love her more, so I literally CAN NOT WAIT for this book. I really want to see what happens to Arin and Kestrel and how this beautiful, heartbreaking story ends, and I'd be lying if I said I don't have high hopes on this one! 

GIVE THIS BOOK TO ME ALREADY, PLEASE!

Well, what about you? 
Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
I'd love to know what you think in the comments below!

18 comments:

  1. I love the cover to this one. I am waiting until all the books in the series release so I can binge read it, I hear the waiting is painful.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waiting sure is painful- hope you read this series soon, you'll love it! :))

      Delete
  2. I must read this series because a lot of people like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must, you must, you simply MUST! :D

      Delete
  3. Ahh this book! I ordered it from Book Depository and it came in early so I'm reading it now! Hope yours comes in soon, it's so good!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO JEALOUS, Christina! I really hope I get to read it sooon- can't wait for it anymore *sniffles* Anyway, I hope the book is everything you expected it to be!

      Delete
  4. I must start this series!!! I hear so many people rave about it and I just know I'm missing out! :(

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're DEFINITELY missing out, Tanya! And I'm pretty sure this is your kind of book, so DO pick it up soon!

      Delete
  5. YES!! I'm excited for this one too! I'm patiently waiting on my preorder!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay- happy waiting ;) Hope you LOVE it, Tracy !!!

      Delete
  6. I am SO excited for this book!! I'm scared Marie is going to break my feelings and my heart, but oh well. It'll be worth it. And oh I just want Arin and Kestrel to work things out. Great pick!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty damn sure that's exactly what the author is going to do. All the reviews I read so far promise just that- and a happy ending, so I think I can take all the heart-stomping. It'll sure be worth it. Hope you love this book, Rachel! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good book. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a very, very, VERY good book! Do pick up this series soon!

      Delete
  8. I've heard this series is awesome -- going to binge once all the books are out! Hope you love this!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is the very definition of awesome :D You were very wise in deciding to wait till all the books are out, Eva- the wait is pretty horrible, and I'm kinda lucky considering that I only read the second book a few weeks before. Anyway, now that the third book is almost here, you can FINALLY pick up this series! I'm so excited for you!!! :))

      Delete
  9. Ohh Great pick I've been dying to read this series for a long time now, I heard nothing but raving reviews about this series. And it really looks and sounds absolutely and utterly fantastic! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you pick this series up soon, Katiria! I daresay you won't regret it :))

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)