Wednesday, March 16

Waiting on Wednesday - Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.

Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke

Every story needs a hero.

Every story needs a villain.
Every story needs a secret.

Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous.

What really happened?
Someone knows.
Someone is lying.
The first thing that caught my attention about this book was the author. I've read another book- Slasher Girls and Monster Boys, a collection of short stories by various authors, to which April Genevieve Tucholke contributed too, and I simply loved her writing in the story The Flicker, The Fingers, The Beat, The Sigh. Below is my review of that particular story, you can find Veronika's and my discussion review of the whole anthology here.

The Flicker, The Fingers, The Beat, The Sigh by April Genevieve Tucholke

"She was looking at me when the car hit her.."

Theo, his girlfriend, his sister and her boyfriend are on the way home after a celebratory night of the optimistic start of the rest of their lives post graduation when a girl steps in front of the car's path.. A classic cliché, with a group of characters doing something really terrible and ending up getting what they deserve. But this was still a cliché well done. I loved the ending- knowing that they ultimately paid for what they did was very satisfying. My rating- 4/5

******

Well, so that was my review of that story. Coming back to the book I'm waiting on today, it's not only the author, but the title, cover and blurb that intrigued me too. Wink, Poppy and Midnight- a hero, a villain and a liar- but who is who? That could be so much fun to figure out! So yeah, this book definitely makes me wait for it, and I can't wait to take a plunge into this promising fantasy as soon as possible!

What about you? 
Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
Tell me what you think in the comments below!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Will be waiting to hear your thoughts on it. :)
    Followed you on G+
    Checkout my WOW here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikita! :) I hope I get to read this real soon!

      Delete
  2. Sounds fun and I do like books that tell us someone is lying - now to figure out who. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's exactly one of the reasons this book has grabbed my attention, Kay! :D

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun and I do like books that tell us someone is lying - now to figure out who. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's exactly one of the reasons this book has grabbed my attention, Kay! :D

      Delete
  4. I have been noticing this one around, and it really grabbed me. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds promising, doesn't it? I hope you're intrigued enough to pick it up soon, Laurel! :)

      Delete
  5. I keep hearing about this one, but I'm still not sure. I do hope you enjoy it, though!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe you could first wait for some reviews from people who's opinion really matters to you before you pick it up? Thanks, Christina :)

      Delete
  6. I am SO excited for this one!! I really hope we both love it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay- I hope we both enjoy it too! It sure sounds great :)

      Delete
  7. Great pick! I'm really curious about this book and I hope you enjoy the read very much :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvia- I hope you're curious enough to pick it some day soon :))

      Delete
  8. YES can't wait for this one and that cover!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover sure is really cool! Hope you enjoy it, Eva! :)

      Delete
  9. Ohh great pick I heard nothing but great raving reviews about this author books, and I heard that her writing style is absolutely beautiful and lyrical. I will like to check out the anthology first too see if I like her books are not. Thank you for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, I'm glad you heard great things about this author too, Katiria! I'm even more excited for this now :)) Hope you get to pick up the anthology sometime soon!

      Delete
  10. Ooh! I've heard SO many good things about this book! Good choice!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to this book! I do hope it's as amazing as it sounds :))

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)