Wednesday, March 30

Waiting on Wednesday - Dreamers Often Lie by Jacqueline West


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights forthcoming releases which we're particularly excited about and looking forward to.

Dreamers Often Lie by Jacqueline West

Jaye wakes up from a skiing accident with a fractured skull, a blinding headache, and her grip on reality sliding into delusion. Determined to get back to her starring role in the school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Jaye lies to her sister, her mom, her doctors. She's fine, she says. She's fine. If anyone knew the truth - that hallucinations of Shakespeare and his characters have followed her from her hospital bed to the high school halls - it would all be over. She’s almost managing to pull off the act when Romeo shows up in her anatomy class. And it turns out that he's 100% real. Suddenly Jaye has to choose between lying to everyone else and lying to herself.

Troubled by the magnetic new kid, a long-lost friend turned recent love interest, and the darkest parts of her family's past, Jaye’s life tangles with Shakespeare's most famous plays until she can't tell where truth ends and pretending begins. Soon, secret meetings and dizzying first kisses give way to more dangerous things. How much is real, how much is in Jaye's head, and how much does it matter as she flies toward a fate over which she seems to have no control?







Why wouldn't I want to read this book? Gorgeous, very gorgeous cover, superb premise, intriguing title- this book has it all. 


I like the fact that there are Shakespeare influences in this story, and I like the mystery the blurb hints at. The main character sounds so deliciously messed up (is that a bad choice of words? Whatever.) and the emotional quotient of this book looks pretty heavy- and I love that.  I'm hoping this would be the kind of book that is creepy and would keep me on my toes in nail-biting suspense. We'll see, won't we?

What about you? Does this book sound like something YOU would pick up? 
I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! 

9 comments:

  1. I completely agree and I must check this book out for sure!!

    Thanks for sharing such a great title, here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this book on Booktube over the weekend and while I don't know if I will buy it right away, if my library gets it, I definitely plan on snagging it. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pretty high hopes for this one! I hope your library gets this book soon, Barb- and hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I just received a copy! I am excited to start

    Check out our WOW

    Leydy @ OUAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, that's simply awesome! Hope you enjoy it :))

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh awesome pick I also heard about this book in booktube and I am really intrigue and curious about the book. It really looks and sounds absolutely fantastic! Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does look and sound fantastic! Hope you pick it up sometime soon, Katiria :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)