Thursday, March 3

Reintroducing WoW at The Regal Critiques


Hey there, you beautiful souls! It's me Ruzaika, reintroducing a feature here at The Regal Critiques- Waiting on Wednesday! If you've been with us since the beginning, you'd know that Veronika did these posts some time back, but decided to give up on them when she didn't feel quite up to continuing with the posts. Well, I've decided to bring this feature back on- read further to know why!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases all we bookworms are eagerly anticipating for. You may think that this is hardly necessary for us since we already feature the Release Calendar here at TRC which pretty much covers every book we are looking forward to on a particular month, but what made me decide on taking this up is that most of the time, if not always, we have SO MANY new releases for a month that we can barely keep up with them. This has happened to me, and trust me, it's inevitable when we have roughly at least 25 new releases each month. Just check out our Release Calendar for March if you doubt me.

While having so many gorgeous books seeing the light of day is definitely good- they deserve it, mind you- it can all be very over-whelming, particularly when we don't have the time to keep an eye out for every other mind-blowing book that comes our way. So, giving this quite some thought, I came to the conclusion that Waiting on Wednesday would be the perfect solution to deal with this. Starting next week, I'll be spotlighting the book/s I'm really eagerly looking forward to on that particular week, and thereby, hopefully, bringing books onto your radar which you may have otherwise missed.

So, it's now time for you to tell me whether you think you'll love this or not- I promise you I will not bite your head off if you think this is a bad idea!


4 comments:

  1. I like reading WoW posts because I stumble upon books that I may not have known about otherwise :D I think I may bring this feature back on my own blog because it seems like since I stopped doing it, I'm missing a lot of new releases that I would love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I hope you seriously consider doing WoW again at your blog, Christy! It sure would help in keeping track of new releases :))

      Delete
  2. I really like reading WoW posts as well because it makes reading about new books so much more manageable. And because you're focusing on one book, you have room to add the blurb so people don't have to hunt it down rather than just judging a book by it's cover to tell if you want to look it up and read it or not!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I'm so glad you think so too- this is exactly why I thought it would be a good idea, Laura!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)