Monday, February 29

Time for a Hiatus

Hello lovelies. It's Veronika here, and I have some news for you that I'm sure you have already guessed from the title - I'm going on a hiatus.

Here, I’ve said it. Huh, that was… a lot easier than expected, and it actually fills me with happiness instead of dread, like I suspected. Probably because this has been coming for a while now.



The whys.

1) To put it simply, I’m in a blogging slump. Have been for a while, but I refused to see that up until the point I was completely burnt out. Even after that I kept on blogging, which was literally the worst thing I could have done, especially because it took me hours and hours to finish one post. As a result, at the moment I can’t even think of the blog without feeling sick, thus I’m completely unable to write any type of post.

2) It’s my senior year in high school, which comes with a lot of work and stress. In Hungary, we have to pass 5 exams – Hungarian Lit, Maths and History are obligatory, and I picked Spanish and English next to them, the latter I took last year, so one down. However, I’m struggling with the rest, especially History and Maths - I’m pretty sure anyone would cry seeing how behind I’m in those two classes.



3) The negativity in the community has taken its toll on me. I don’t want to talk about this in detail, but I mostly mean the drama and overall how quickly some people are to judge. 

Since when.

On some levels, I’ve been feeling off since June, but I really only called it a ’blogging slump’ in October for the first time. However, there was always something to look forward to, something to plan – like Spooky October and A Christmas Story – and these took my mind off the fact that I wasn’t into blogging anymore. Unfortunately, new ideas and such are just not good enough reasons for me to keep going – my inability to care about our upcoming blogoversary clearly proves that – so, a week ago I decided to take a break from it all.

How long.

Obviously, I plan to come back. I’m not completely sure when, but sometime around June when things will be much calmer. In the meantime, Ruzi will be here, posting once or twice a week. And who knows? Maybe I’ll pop up if I really miss the blog. After all, I’ve been actively blogging for two years, at this point it’s hard for me to imagine my life without it.

Find me.

I won’t drop off the face of Earth, though. I won't stop reading, thus I'll be active on Goodreads and, as I'm already struggling with not having the chance to share my thoughts, I'll likely post short reviews there. I won't stop commenting on your blogs either, that is actually the only part of being a blogger that I still like. I'll try to be more active on Twitter and Instagram, as well, but I can't promise anything. 

Thanks for reading my post and being one of the awesome readers of The Regal Critiques. Time for a goodbye now, but I will be back and, in the meantime, drop me a message/tweet/whatever and I'll not only appreciate it, but will reply ASAP. 



18 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good break, Veronika! Sometimes you just have to take a hiatus, so your blog won't become a chore you'll end up hating. I wish you the best of luck with your school and exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I'll come back completely refreshed. :D Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I definitely know the feeling sometimes. Will miss you Veronika! Good luck in your school studies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand because I have felt the same way for quite some time but it wasn't until I stopped blogging due to my examns that the full reality hit me. I haven't post a thing in forever and the two posts I wrote since the beginning of the year I had to force myself to upload them. The problem with no-blogging is that I've also been neglecting other people's blogs and that makes me feel like shit. I miss blogging but I also don't miss it. I'm in the biggest reading slump as well and have no desire to pick up any book. I'm just not in the greatest place right now.

    I had no idea there was some drama going around. I know there are quite a few problems within the community but I never pay attention because I just don't want that negativity in my life. Sorry to hear it has taken its toll on you :(

    Good luck with your exams Veronika! I hated Maths as well but I loved (and still do) History though my teacher was an absolute asshole LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you're going through the same thing as I am. :( For the past few weeks I've been barely posting anything, and I felt the exact same way as you - I did miss being active but, at the same time, not really.

      There's not a particular drama that I'm referring to, rather that there always seems to be something going on, and - either from blogs I'm following or from Twitter - I hear about it even if I don't want to. And I see bloggers taking sides/judging others, and the thing that comes to my mind is that it can oh-so-easily be me one day, if some people misinterpret something I say.

      I wish you the best and hope you'll get back to reading and blogging soon. I used to like History, but our teacher is soo horrible - his classes are the most boring thing ever.

      PS: If you feel like buddy-reading Wicked sometime in the future, let me know. It's one of those books that I'm just not THAT interested in, so IDK why I even bought it lol.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I know what you mean about the drama. I think people are sometimes too sensitive and take things too seriously. It's like we can accept other's opinion and that's why I try to don't even pay attention.
      My History teacher was an asshole. I couldn't stand him but History is always interesting to me and I used to not listen to him LOL
      And yes, I wanna read Wicked. How do you feel about doing it so in April? I don't think I could possibly read it now. I'm even having a hard time with Stars Above (someone help me!) because I'm reading it at a very slow pace. I need to get my shit together xD

      Delete
    3. Exactly, and they're super-quick to judge, as well, which leads to tons and tons of conflicts.
      Yay! April will be good for me, too! How about the beginning of April? I'll be busy later that month.

      Delete
  4. Oh, but Maths and History are wonderful! *sarcasm*

    I'm sorry you're feeling down, but also confident you will find your way back to blogging. After all, I'm forever taking hiatuses LOL - one in between every couple of posts ;) - so I should be a legitimate expert on the subject!

    I don't know about drama...probably because I only interact with people who don't participate in it, or because I'm not very active, not either Twitter-wise. I'm sorry you got caught in it, but let me tell you, it will fade. As it should :).

    In the meantime, you have the wonderful Ruzi to take care of things, so nothing can go wrong! Go Ruzi!

    Good luck on your exams Vera - but take the time to read some great book all the same! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Sure they are.*
      Haha, thank you, expect of hiatuses, for making me feel better about the hiatus. :D
      It's not that I'm caught up on it, I'm not even referring to one particular drama, but I see them on Twitter/other blogs and it's REALLY tiring/alarming to see how some bloggers turn against each other totally easily.
      Thanks! I sure will, and hope we'll have some twitter chats about the books, maybe even a buddy-read. :D

      Delete
    2. I'd love a buddy read - the only problem is, I seem to read my few books-most-people-have-read-too long after they did LOL. But I'm a regular on both Twitter and Goodreads, if this helps :).

      Delete
    3. I'll be on the look out for books we both want to read. :D

      Delete
  5. I'll definitely miss you on your blog, Vera, but I completely understand the need for a hiatus. (Blogging slumps are evil!) I wish you lots of luck on your exams and hope you get a chance to 'recharge your blog batteries!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Hopefully, the time will flew by and I'll be back in no time. :D

      Delete
  6. I've definitely felt this way before. I hope you have a good break & good luck on your exams! Will miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I'm so sorry about your blogging slump, Veronika. It sucks when it happens but sometimes you just have to take a breather and learn to love math (but probably not :D). I hope you have a wonderful blog-cation!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Hopefully, I'll come back 1000% refreshed. :D

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)