Tuesday, February 9

My Ten Least Favorite Book Couples


Hi lovelies. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's topic is a Valentine's Day freebie! I've already written a post about my favorite ships and best boyfriends, so for today's topic I decided next to a negative topic. BUT DOES THAT EVEN SURPRISE YOU ANYMORE? I'm going to give a quick explanation under every couple, but until then: the fact that I dislike these people as a couple doesn't mean that I hate them as individuals or that I hate the books.



Adrian and Rose
(Vampire Academy)


This pairing just did not work. I mean, I love Rose and Adrian as individuals, but together? Absolutely do NOT approve. Dimitri and Rose NEED TO BE TOGETHER!

Julep + Tyler & Julep + Dani
(Trust Me series)


 

I'm a huge Sam and Julep shipper, which translates to that I can't really see Julep with anyone else. What can I say, I'm a huge fan of best friends to lovers stories. It's not that I *hate* these pairings, especially not the Dani one, but I can't stand next to them 100%.

Sophie + Nic
(Vendetta)



WHAT IS CHEMISTRY? These two do not know - their romance felt forced and dull, which took away a lot from the story. What I wanted was Sophie and Nic to really fall for each other - so much so, that they can't not be together. Well, they still made dumb decisions because of their "feelings",but it was so damn unbelievable. But hey, I haven't yet read the second book so maybe the romance is better in that one?

Mia and J.P.(The Princess Diaries)


NOPE.NOPE.NOPE. First of all, Mia and Michael were endgame and EVERYONE KNEW THAT! Second of all J.D. turned out to be a total asshole.

Layken and Will
(Slammed series)



I just could not stand either of these characters - least of all when they were together. I know this is a VERY unpopular opinion, but I was really, really disappointed in these novels, and not sure I'll pick up another Colleen Hoover book in the close future.

Brenda and Thomas
(The Maze Runner trilogy)
I'm not sure why but I stayed team Theresa all through the series - she made tons and tons of mistakes, but that was, in a way, why I liked her more than Brenda. 

Isabel and Simon
(The Mortal Instruments)



There's not an exact reason why I don't like them, rather I just never shipped them as hard as other TMI fans seemed to. For me that's partly because there were already two ships that I LOVED - Clace and MALEK!!

Abby and Travis
(Beautiful Disaster)



Abby and Travis are one of the worst couples I've ever read about. Their relationship is unhealthy and toxic, they destroy each other and their loved ones. I shall never understand why anyone would find Travis hot when he clearly has serious issues and definitely NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP. Which is not a problem, AT ALL, but the fact that his mental health was never treated, nor acknowledged was a total disappointment.

Blue and Adam
(Raven Cycle)




In theory, they could make a wonderful couple - both feel out of place, came from the wrong side of town - BUT THEY SO NOT WORK OUT. Firstly, NO CHEMISTRY. Secondly, PLEASE DON'T FORGET ABOUT GANSEY AND RONAN.

Jem and Tessa
(The Infernal Devices)

  

I hated them together so much that I couldn't even get through the first half of third book. I liked Jem's character but I always thought that Tessa and Will were THE BEST. It also needs to be said that I do know everything that happened later on, thanks to my friend, and I'm not a fan of the ending. It might have satisfied many fans, but I thought that it was really lackluster, no matter how emotional it was.



These were some of my least favorite book couples, in no particular order. Who are yours? 
Leave a link to your TTT and I'll make sure to check it out. :)

31 comments:

  1. I adore how you've looked at your least favourite book couple! Definitely different to lists I've looked at so far today. I can completely agree with so many of the couples that you've mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIA AND MICHAEL. JEM AND TESSA. Are you literally inside of my brain? Because these ARE my most wanted ships! Gahhh, J.D. was an asshole. I MISSED MICHAELLLLLLLL. Sorry I'm fangirling so much, but you are making me relive my nine-year-old heart. STAHP it.

    My TTT.

    Grace @ That Peculiar Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you have NOTHING to apologize for! I am very passionate about Michael and Mia TO THIS DAY, and I HATED when Mia wasn't with Michael, because THEY BELONG TOGETHER.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I feel like I've never actually thought about couples I disliked. I was totally on the wrong in The Selection series (I mean, I knew who she'd choose, but I still thought she made a better match with the other one), but that's the only thing I can think of. I don't think I ever really chose a side in The Maze Runner. I didn't really like either of the girls lol. This was a fun topic idea though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the couple you preferred in The Selection nearly made my list - I hated that guy from the first moment we were introduced to him lol. Thanks, Kristen! :)

      Delete
  4. I absolutely hated Blue and Adam's relationship too because Blue and Gansey are bae and I ship Adam with Ronan, LOL. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one irritated by Mia and J.P.'s relationship! Michael and Mia forever! I'm really excited for Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries revival! :)

    This was such a great take on today's TTT topic! Kudos to you for thinking up of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree - both these pairings NEED TO happen in the final novel. J.P....meh, what a sucky guy. Royal Wedding was SOO GOOD - Michael and Mia still rock. :D

      Thanks, Kayla. :)

      Delete
  5. THIS IS A GREAT LIST. I 100% agree with the Will and Tessa comment, most of all. WHEN PEOPLE SAY THEY SHIP JEM AND TESSA I'M LIKE...YES JEM'S LOVELY BUT NO. THEY ARE NOT. SUPPOSED. TO. BE. TO. GETHER.

    I get very emotional about these books. so. excuse me. XD

    Once again, excellent list! And your blog is lovely <3

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME. Seriously, though, Jem and Tessa were NOT meant to be. Haha, NOTHING to apologize for. :)
      Thanks, Sierra. <3

      Delete
  6. Interesting choice for Valentine's Day. I'm not sure I could come up with ten least favorite couples...I usually give up on books where I don't like the matches!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/02/love-stories-for-people-who-gag-on.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should do that, too. It could very well save me from some huge disappointments.

      Delete
  7. I didn't like Adrian and Rose one bit because I still believe Rose used Adriand and he didn't deserve that. I cannot believe you don't like Simon and Isabelle together because my heart is breaking because they are my babies and I just love them. Funny enough, I never cared much about Clace LOL and I prefer Tessa and Will hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree - I didn't like Adrian at that point, but I hated Rose for how she treated him. Honestly, after the 3rd TMI book I slowly lost interest in every couple, and Sizzy REALLY kicked off then. Me too. :D

      Delete
  8. So glad I'm not alone with the ship of Izzy and Simon, it's not that I don't like them together it's just that I feel sort of indifferent to it? I don't fangirl about them like I would about some of my OTP's. Love your list!

    http://simplybookishthings.blogspot.co.za/2016/02/top-ten-tuesday-14-top-ten-swoony-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, they're just not OTP material. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  9. I totally agree with you! It was always clear that Dimi and Rose belong together. Adrian was just a place hole...A really good looking place holder. He had some redeeming qualities but he relied on her too much and that is not what either of them needed to be better people.
    My TTT! :)
    Dreamland Review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they sure did, and Adrian was never the one Rose needed, and vice versa.

      Delete
  10. Love how you went the opposite route with couple you *don't* like. :) Seeing Lake and Will kind of broke my heart because I love them, but obviously not every book (or every couple) is for everyone. I'm with you on Isabel and Simon. I didn't dislike them... I just never got excited for them together. Like you, I was too excited for Clace and Malek! :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Oops, sorry about that - I'm glad you love them, though :) I'm kind of 'happy' to hear that I'm not the only one who wasn't overly excited for Sizzy. :)

      Delete
  11. totally agree with you about Beautiful Disaster! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cool twist on today's TTT! I could not agree more re: Rose and Adrian, just no!! Also, Blue and Adam are SO not supposed to be together! Interesting re: Lake and Will -- I hadn't thought about it but I think you're right!!

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva! :) I'm glad we agree on these couples. Ugh, I hated Lake and Will SO MUCH. :(

      Delete
  13. I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HATED BRENDA AND THOMAS. The end of the Death Cure left me so upset. I like to pretend that the book just didn't happen at all.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *highfive*, LET'S HATE THEM TOGETHER. Seriously, though, The Death Cure was SUCH A LETDOWN.

      Delete
  14. YES MIA AND J.P. WERE JUST. NO. I cringed reading that. And while I did love Jessa, I am a Wessa shipper all the way. You just can't beat Will. And Adam and Blue? Oh that was AWKWARD. Loved this! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have no freaking idea what Mia ever saw in that asshole! Haha, it sure was. Thanks! :))

      Delete
  15. I agree Adam and Blue did not work! So glad that didn't last long.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/top-ten-tuesday-43/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all readers were super-relieved when that ended. :D

      Delete
  16. I have to disagree about Jem and Tessa! For me they were the sweetest, cutest couple. Totally didn't have anything to do with how I couldn't stand Will... I also wasn't a fan of the ending - I thought it was a cop out to appeal to everyone. Only it didn't work!

    Bookmarks and Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend feels the same way as you - she just couldn't get on board with Wessa. And yes, the ending was HORRIBLE - such a cheap way to end a love triangle.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)