Tuesday, December 29

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016


Hello lovelies! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's topic is the Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016 and WHAT A CRUEL TOPIC IS THIS! My heart is breaking for all the wonderful releases that I could not include on this list. 



10. The Crown by Kiera Cass

If you've read my review of The Heir, you must know that I could not stand Eadlyn. At all. She was whiny, selfish, petty, annoying and bossy in the worst way possible. However, due to some circumstances, she decided to change her attitude right before the ending, so I'm hoping this change will be visible and she'll become at least a little more relatable.
Tbh, I'm already a bit disappointed in the sequel because I hate that cover. The color is gorgeous, but everything else is terrible. I don't understand how a bestselling series with the most gorgeous covers EVER could have gotten such a badly done cover. 

9. Firstlife by Gena Showalter
Firstlife is, perhaps, one of the most promising books on this list - it has a unique sounding premise, an eye-catching cover and it was written by Gena Showalter, whose Adult novels I've really enjoyed. It better not disappoint! 

8. The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude

This novel seems so haunting and creepy and, so far, I've heard nothing but great things about it! 

7. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
I have to admit that I haven't yet had the chance to read Something Strange and Deadly, (even though I've been planning to for a long while) BUT that doesn't lessen my enthusiasm for Truthwitch. It sounds super-unique and promises to be one kickass story! Absolutely can't wait!


6. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
After the cover reveal this book has been EVERYWHERE, and I really, really hope it is as good as everyone expects it to be. 


5. Summer Days & Summer Nights by Various Authors

Leigh Bardugo, Francesca Lia Block, Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, Brandy Colbert, Tim Federle, Lev Grossman, Nina LaCour, Stephanie Perkins, Veronica Roth, Jon Skovron, and Jennifer E. Smith
I adore short stories, and I found a couple of truly awesome ones in My True Love Gave To Me (review). Given that Stephanie Perkins edited this collection as well, I think it must be quite similar, but, hopefully, even better.

4. Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky

This novel sounds so unique and FUN - I so hope it's as hilarious as people make it sound like and as it seems like!

3. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
Read my reviews of: 

Marie Rutkoski creates the worst/best cliffhangers and I can't deal with them. I NEED THIS BOOK LIKE, RIGHT NOW! 

2. Remembrance by Meg Cabot

You might know that I'm a HUGE Meg Cabot fan, and Mediator is one of my favorite series of all time, so OBVIOUSLY I'm super-excited for this novel. If it is anything like Royal Wedding, I'll love it. 

1. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
expected publication:

OF COURSE THIS NOVEL HAD TO COME AS #1!! Raven Cycle is NO DOUBT my favorite on-going series at the moment and I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT FOR ITS CONCLUSION. I'm still hoping for a way where Gansey and Blue can be together forever. 

33 comments:

  1. Ok, have 5 of those on my wish list!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Kill the Boy Band looks like so much fun! I'll have to check that one out sometime! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does - hope it's as good as it sounds! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. Great list! Truthwitch, ahh I cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me either, it sounds sooo good!

      Delete
  4. I'm really excited for The Crown as well even though Eadlyn was so annoying. I really like the colours of the cover but the position they put the girl in looks very awkward and weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? I'm not sure why I'm torturing myself with read The Crown when I hated her SO MUCH. The colors are awesome, the dress is alright, but it looks like it doesn't fit on the girl - and yeah, there are big problems with the girl's posture, too.

      Delete
  5. I am super excited for Remembrance, but I might have to read the Mediator series before I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should read the series before Remembrance - they're pretty short book, though, so it won't take much time. :)

      Delete
  6. I was tempted to add The Crown to my list too but I'm still undecided about the new story line (but I'll probably still read because...Maxon...) and yay! you're the first other person I've come across who also has Remembrance on their list Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, there is not enough Maxon on the story, and Eadlyn is such a brat - if I had known how terrible she is, I wouldn't have wasted my time on her story... but now that I started it...

      Delete
  7. OH MY GOD FIRSTLIFE SOUNDS SO GOOD. I really need to go add it to my TBR now!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope it lives up to our expectations. :)

      Delete
  8. THE RAVEN KING! I am so excited for it but also so nervous... Anyway, I had no idea Gena Showalter was releasing another book! I haven't read any of her adult stuff yet, but I think I will have to check this one out. Great list! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm so afraid it'll disappoint, or break my heart. Hope you'll enjoy. :)
      Thanks. <3

      Delete
  9. OH my god, I agree with you SOOO HARD about The Crown. That model's expression is... blugh. Thanks for stopping by Loving My Lit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Raven King and The Star Touched Queen were both on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-37/

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many good ones on this list! I hated The Heir, but I really hope The Crown is better!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstlife sounds really interesting. :) Great picks!

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THE RAVEN KING THE RAVEN KING THE RAVEN KING!!! I still have to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue but I'm so excited for the last book! I'm also looking forward to reading Stars Above with all the novellas. Argggg I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAVE TO READ BLUE LILY ASAP because it's so AMAZING!! Me too! I'm hoping Stars Above will fill the void TLC left in me. :DD

      Delete
  14. Oooooh, very much looking forward to "First Life"! I love the concept! Hope you can get a hold of these books in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it sounds super good! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  15. I'm definitely excited for Truthwitch - as you know! Ooh, The Star-Touched Queen sounds really good, too - and that cover... I absolutely love the contrast of colors. I so have got to start The Winner's Curse series. I've got the first book, and I've heard wonderful things about it, but I just haven't gotten there yet. Anyway, great list, Veronika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard so many awesome things about the female friendship in Truthwitch! The hype that surrounds both these novels makes me a bit wary, but I SO HOPE they're as great as they sound. Hope you'll love The Winner's trilogy! Definitely let me know what you start reading! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  16. I am so, so excited for pretty much all of these! I NEED The Winner's Kiss, and The Star Touched Queen. OH and Summer Days, of course, and as soon as I catch up, I will need The Raven King. And Truthwitch! I still should probably pre-order Truthwitch, I assume. I agree with you about Firstlife- it sounds AMAZING. Hope you enjoy all of them, such great choices!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)