Tuesday, December 22

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year


Hello lovies! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's topic is the Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year. Oh dear, how can anyone be so cruel to ask me to choose only 10 books! 

As always, click on the covers' for Goodreads page. :)


1.
Shatter Me trilogy
  

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

2.
The Program series
 

In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.

3.
Under the Never Sky trilogy
  

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland--known as The Death Shop--are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild--a savage--and her only hope of staying alive. 

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile--everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

4.
Every trilogy
  

Rachel Watts is an unwilling new arrival to Melbourne from the country. James Mycroft is her neighbour, an intriguingly troubled seventeen-year-old genius with a passion for forensics. Despite her misgivings, Rachel finds herself unable to resist Mycroft when he wants her help investigating a murder. And when Watts and Mycroft follow a trail to the cold-blooded killer, they find themselves in the lion's den - literally.

A night at the zoo will never have quite the same meaning again...

5.
The Lynburn Legacy
  

Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.

But all that changes when the Lynburns return.

The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?

6.
Loop series
 

At a school where Quantum Paradox 101 is a required course and history field trips are literal, sixteen year-old time traveler Bree Bennis excels…at screwing up.

After Bree botches a solo midterm to the 21st century by accidentally taking a boy hostage (a teensy snafu), she stands to lose her scholarship. But when Bree sneaks back to talk the kid into keeping his yap shut, she doesn't go back far enough. The boy, Finn, now three years older and hot as a solar flare, is convinced he's in love with Bree, or rather, a future version of her that doesn't think he's a complete pain in the arse. To make matters worse, she inadvertently transports him back to the 23rd century with her.

Once home, Bree discovers that a recent rash of accidents at her school are anything but accidental. Someone is attacking time travelers. As Bree and her temporal tagalong uncover seemingly unconnected clues—a broken bracelet, a missing data file, the art heist of the millennium—that lead to the person responsible, she alone has the knowledge to piece the puzzle together. Knowledge only one other person has. Her future self.

But when those closest to her become the next victims, Bree realizes the attacker is willing to do anything to stop her. In the past, present, or future.

7. 
The Book of Ivy series
 
After a brutal nuclear war, the United States was left decimated. A small group of survivors eventually banded together, but only after more conflict over which family would govern the new nation. The Westfalls lost. Fifty years later, peace and control are maintained by marrying the daughters of the losing side to the sons of the winning group in a yearly ritual. 

This year, it is my turn. 

My name is Ivy Westfall, and my mission is simple: to kill the president’s son—my soon-to-be husband—and restore the Westfall family to power. 

But Bishop Lattimer is either a very skilled actor or he’s not the cruel, heartless boy my family warned me to expect. He might even be the one person in this world who truly understands me. But there is no escape from my fate. I am the only one who can restore the Westfall legacy.

Because Bishop must die. And I must be the one to kill him…

8. 
Hero

Alexa Holland’s father was her hero—until her shocking discovery that she and her mother weren't his only family. Ever since, Alexa has worked to turn her life in a different direction and forge her own identity outside of his terrible secrets. But when she meets a man who’s as damaged by her father’s mistakes as she is, Alexa must help him.

Caine Carraway wants nothing to do with Alexa’s efforts at redemption, but it’s not so easy to push her away. Determined to make her hate him, he brings her to the edge of her patience and waits for her to walk away. But his actions only draw them together and, despite the odds, they begin an intense and explosive affair.

Only Caine knows he can never be the white knight that Alexa has always longed for. And when they're on the precipice of danger, he finds he’ll do anything to protect either one of them from being hurt again…

9. 
See How They Run


Inside every secret, there's a world of trouble. Get ready for the second book in this new series of global proportions--from master of intrigue, New York Times bestselling author Ally Carter. 

Grace's past has come back to hunt her . . . and if she doesn't stop it, Grace isn't the only one who will get hurt. Because on Embassy Row, the countries of the world stand like dominoes, and one wrong move can make them all fall down. 

The twists get twistier and the turns get even more shocking in the second thrilling installment of Embassy Row.


10. 
The Heirs of Watson Island
 

Three plantations. Two wishes. One ancient curse.

All her life, Barrie Watson has been a virtual prisoner in the house where she lives with her shut-in mother. When her mother dies, Barrie promises to put some mileage on her stiletto heels. But she finds a new kind of prison at her aunt’s South Carolina plantation instead—a prison guarded by an ancient spirit who long ago cursed one of the three founding families of Watson Island and gave the others magical gifts that became compulsions.

Stuck with the ghosts of a generations-old feud and hunted by forces she cannot see, Barrie must find a way to break free of the family legacy. With the help of sun-kissed Eight Beaufort, who knows what Barrie wants before she knows herself, the last Watson heir starts to unravel her family's twisted secrets. What she finds is dangerous: a love she never expected, a river that turns to fire at midnight, a gorgeous cousin who isn't what she seems, and very real enemies who want both Eight and Barrie dead. 

+1
The Lunar Chronicles
*I STILL don't have them in physical copies!*

   

Have you read any of these books? 
Share with me your TTTs in the comments!

26 comments:

  1. I loved the Shatter Me trilogy! I just finished the last book last night, and OMG was it intense! The first book can be a it slow, but the series totally picks up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you said that because I'm a little worried about all the mixed reviews - anyhow, I just got the first book, so no going back haha.

      Delete
  2. I really want to read the Shatter Me trilogy!!!! I'm on book two of The Lunar Chronicles, so far so good :D

    I hope you get some of these under your tree! :) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-)

    Happy holidays! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, both of us will enjoy it! I'm so glad you're enjoying TLC! Happy holidays to you too! :)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the Shatter Me trilogy so fingers crossed you get it! And oh, my god! you need the physical copies of The Lunar Chronicles; they are gorgeous and are so aesthetically pleasing :)
    I haven't read the others of your list though but I do own the Under The Never Sky trilogy. I should read it next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get the first book when I was in Vienna, and I can't wait to finally dive into it! I know! Especially after seeing your gorgeous photos of it - thanks for making my heart ache btw.
      Hope you'll enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  4. So many of these are on my TBR! I am gonna have so much reading to do next year. And those Shatter Me covers are just so gorgeous. Who wouldn't want those on their shelf?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I so know that feeling! Totally agree, those covers are to die for!

      Delete
  5. Intriguing summaries - and I really need to try the Lunar Chronicles! I hope you some of the books you're after :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really, really hope you'll love TLC - one of the best series I've ever read. :)

      Delete
  6. I've been seeing the Lunar Chronicles everywhere lately and while they aren't something that I'd normally read, people have been raving about them enough for me to check them out - the covers are really pretty too, so that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so know that feeling! I picked up the series just after Cress was published because the hype was CRAZY and everyone seemed to love them. I'm glad I did because this series really is awesome. Hope you'll read it too! :)

      Delete
  7. I have read the first three series you mentioned and they were good! I LOVE the Lunar Chronicles, so that is a definite!
    New follower :)
    Hope you get some great books under the tree! Merry Christmas!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that because I heard a bit mixed things about all three. Yay, always nice to meet with other TLC fans! Thanks for following! <33

      Delete
  8. YES The Book of Ivy books! I read those this year and LOVED them! I enjoyed Hero, but I had a few issues with Caine. And of course the Under the Never Sky books! I loved those too.

    I want to read Ellie's series, as well as The Lunar Chronicles, and Loop soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you enjoyed all these books because I can't wait to get my hands on them! TLC IS AWESOME, SO PICK IT ASAP!! Seriously. :D

      Delete
  9. Oh I would want physical copies of Under the Never Sky, last two books of Lunar Chronicles and Shatter Me and Ignite Me too cause I have Unravel Me and first two of Lunar Chronicles in physical copy.
    Thanks for visiting!
    Priyanka @ A Booklion's Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll get all these, and soon! :)

      Delete
  10. The Shatter Me series is awesome! And I have heard wonderful things about The Program. Have a merry Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they're as good as people make them sound out to be! You too. :)

      Delete
  11. I've read The Program and would love to continue the series. :)


    Check out my TTT and check out my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you have some great choices on here! Lots of these are books that I want to read too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/top-ten-tuesday-36/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should have added the Lynburn Legacy and the Lunar Chronicles to my list - determined to read them both this next year! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say anything about the first, BUT the latter, you HAVE TO read! And SOON because that series is AWESOME! :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)