Wednesday, December 23

Top 6 Favorite Christmas Albums


Hi sweeties! It just sank in that Christmas is in TWO DAYS TIME!!! I absolutely can't wait for it to FINALLY be here!!! Forgive all the exclamation marks but I CAN'T KEEP CALM!! It's so so SO exciting, ain't it? 

Alright, to the topic at hand now - Christmas music is something that catches up to you EVERY YEAR no matter how hard you're trying to avoid it. Seriously, why do supermarkets think that it is a good idea to play Let It Snow EVERY HOUR!? It'd be an understatement to say that the Christmas spirit can get a bit too much sometimes. 

However, I love the holidays way too much to banish ALL Christmas songs from the house, so, for today's post, I made it my mission to share with you my favorite Christmas songs and CDs. I truly hope you'll find some you like - and don't forget to share with me YOUR favorites!!

*I inserted youtube videos of the songs, because I know that Spotify is still not available in every country. However, the links to the albums -click on the titles for them- lead to Spotify*


Pentatonix
   

 If you haven't heard of Pentatonix, - which is quite unlikely because they've kind of become a big deal in the past years - it is an a capella group consisting of five vocalists. All their songs are super-unique, despite the fact that most of them are "only" covers of well-knows artists. 

They made not one but TWO Christmas albums - the first, titled PTXmax, was released in 2014, the second in 2015, titled That's Christmas to Me. Both of them contain AH-MAH-ZING songs, some of my favorites are Carol of the Bells, Angels We've Heard On High, Winter Wonderland/Don't Worry Be Happy (featuring Tori Kelly) and Let It Go.

While you're checking out their Christmas songs, don't forget to listen to their newest album, Pentatonix, that contains covers of wildly popular songs, such as Lean On, Cheerleader and Where Are Ü Now, as well as their own songs.


Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande might not be my favorite celebrity, or particularly sympathetic to me, but she is undoubtedly really talented, and that shows in her Christmas songs, as well. She made a couple of holiday songs in 2014, like Santa Tell Me and Santa Baby (featuring Liz Gillies), and in 2015 she released a holiday EP, Christmas & Chill, that contains 6 brand new songs.

Here's the buzzfeed article about the EP, where you'll get the chance to listen to each of the 6 songs + the intro. Until then, let's hear Santa Baby, which is definitely my favorite Christmas song she's covered.



Christina Aguilera

My Kind of Christmas, released in 2000, contains 10 holiday songs + an interlude - some are oldies, while others are original songs, but neither of them are your usual Christmas songs. Two of my favorites on the album are Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas and Oh Holy Night. Seriously, listen to this album if you like Christina's style because it is so her.


Colbie Caillat

Christmas in the Sand released in 2012, contains 8 covers and 4 original songs by Colbie Caillat. I honestly can't tell you much about this artist, because the only reason I got to know her was this album - but I really like how she included songs for those who don't have traditional Christmases because they live somewhere where it's summer at Christmas. My favorite songs from Christmas in the Sand are Baby It's Cold Outside (featuring Gavin DeGraw), Jingle Bells and Merry Christmas Baby (ft. Brad Paisley). 


Kelly Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red was an album I'd waited for SUCH A LONG time prior to its release in 2013, and it did not disappoint!! She KILLS every single cover on the album, and managed to create absolutely freaking amazing original Christmas songs. One of the best Christmas albums I've ever heard. My favorite songs include Run Run Rudolph, Wrapped in Red and Silent Night (featuring Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood). 


Taylor Swift
*as you know, you won't find spotify links here*

The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection is an EP, released in 2007, that contains 2 original songs and 4 covers. It received pretty great critics, and OF COURSE I love it, I mean, it's Taylor!! I love all these songs, but my favorites are Last Christmas and Christmases When You Were Mine. 



These were my favorites - what about you? Do you like any of these albums or artists? Share with me your favorite Christmas albums and songs! 


4 comments:

  1. Funny how even though most of the stuff I listen to is in English, when it comes to Christmas songs.... I stick to Spanish ones! I grew up with them and there are many versions. I know a lot of Christmassy songs in English for sure but during this time my family and I only listen our traditional songs :)
    I will check out Pentatonix's albums for sure though. I didn't know about them until they performed the Star Wars theme a month or so ago and they completely blew my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh, I have no idea what type of songs we listened to when I was a child... but it's so great that you managed to keep this tradition of listening to Spanish songs. :)
      Yay! Can't wait to see what you'll think of them because they are TRULY WONDERFUL.

      Delete
  2. Hey Veronika! I LOVE this post so much. I am absolutely in love with the Pentatonix Christmas album...okay that's an understatement. I'M OBSESSED. Literally I still listen to it everyday. I also love Kelly Clarkson's album and I can't believe I didn't know about Taylor Swift's!
    Great post :)
    Kate @Read and Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! SAME! That album is PURE GOLD, just like EVERYTHING they touch. Check out Taylor's Christmas songs on youtube because they're AH-MA-ZING, I swear! Thank you. <33

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)