Tuesday, December 15

My Top 18 Favorite Books In 2015


Hi sweeties! Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is My Top Ten Favorite Books In 2015 but, as per usual, I cheated a bit. I'm going to share with you 6 of my favorite books, in three genres (Contemporary, Mystery and Fantasy), which is 18 books in total! Instead of gushing about why I love these novels, I added quotes to my post from half of these novels. 

Can't wait to see if we have any favorites in common! 



//Wonder//I'll Meet You There//Something Real//Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda//Moonlight on Nightingale Way//Royal Wedding//

“If every person in this room made it a rule that wherever you are, whenever you can, you will try to act a little kinder than is necessary - the world really would be a better place.”  

~ Wonder

"If you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages - no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered." 
~ I'll Meet You There


“White shouldn't be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn't even be a default.” 
~ Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda


 //Trial by Fire// This Shattered World//Winter//The Darkest Part of the Forest//The Darkest Minds// The Diviners//

“Tapping a finger against the flesh of her elbow, she deadpanned, “Jacin Clay, there is an assassin under my bed.” 

~ Winter


“...crackers..." a voice breathed out behind us, "yesss..."
Both of us turned, watching as Chubs twisted around in his seat and settled back down, still fast asleep.
I pressed a hand over my mouth to keep from laughing. Liam rolled his eyes, smiling.
"He dreams about food," he said. "A lot.” 
~ The Darkest Minds

Uncle Will frowned. “Didn’t they teach you how to go about research in that school of yours?
“No. But I can recite ‘The Battle Hymn of the Republic’ while making martinis.” 
“I weep for the future.” 
“There’s where the martinis come in.” 
~ The Diviners


 //Gone Girl//All Fall Down//The Shadow of the Wind//The Dead House//The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly//Vanishing Girls//

Noah broadens his stance, taking his place firmly on the embassy side of the threshold. "in the United States," he says. Then, with both feet, he leaps on to the sidewalk. "Out of the United States." Quickly, he jumps back toward me. "In the United States." Another jump across the threshold. "Out of the United States. In. Out. In --"
"Is this the part where I hit you?” 
~ All Fall Down


“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
~ The Shadow of the Wind

“Sometimes people stop loving you. And that's the kind of darkness that never gets fixed, no matter how many moons rise again, filling the sky with a weak approximation of light.”
~ Vanishing Girls



Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Don't forget to leave a link to your TTTs because I'm excited to see which books were YOUR favorites in 2015! 

27 comments:

  1. I've seen I'll Meet You There on a lot of lists tonight and that makes me want to read it EVEN MORE! It's been sitting on my TBR for so long now. The Darkest Minds, Winter, and The Darkest Part of the Forest are some of my favorites too! They're crazy amazing. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll Meet You There is, without doubt, one of the best Contemporary novels I've ever read - definitely recommended! Agreed. :D Thanks! <33

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love how you've done the topic this week! :-) I adored I'll Meet You There, it also made my list...along with Simon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrissi! Yay, glad we have common faves! :)

      Delete
  3. Simon.. and Something Real made my Contemporary TTT as well. And I just loved Vanishing Girls. Great list this week, and thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we have some common favorites! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Wonder was one of my favorite reads a couple of years ago too and I’m so glad that you loved it, as well! The Diviners was a really interesting read and I can’t wait to pick up its sequel. Also, The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly was such a page-turner. I definitely didn’t see the ending coming!

    Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder is one of the most magical books I've ever read - despite being a contemporary. Same here, I so hope the sequel lives up to The Diviners! IKR? It was really shocking and awesome.

      You too! :)

      Delete
  5. Haha you cheat you! Wish I'd thought of this! I struggled so much, there are just so many good books.

    I'm so happy to see The Diviners on someone else's list! It's a long book but well worth reading, the writing is just so gorgeous don't you agree? Gone Girl and The Lies of Minnow Bly are on my list for the start of next year, I hope I like them as much as you! And I loved All Fall Down, book 2s out soon isn't it? I'm going to go write down all your list now :P

    Happy Reading
    Rachel @ Paein-and-Ms4Tune.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I couldn't NOT cheat considering all the amazing books I've read this year! Even this way there are so much that would have deserved a mention.

      Totally agree - Libba Bray is a genius! Oh gosh, I'm SO excited to see what you'll think of those books! Yes, yes, yes! I can't wait to read its sequel!

      Delete
  6. Something Real and All Fall Down were my favourites of this year too. Just so hard to choose, I'm gonna hate choosing my own next week. Ahhh. Haha. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your list of favorite books, Emma! :)

      Delete
  7. LOVED wonder! It was such a great children's and teen book roled into one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree - I think even adults could learn from it.

      Delete
  8. Great list! Loved Winter! Really want to get to Wonder and The shadow of the wind next year! I can't actually believe I haven't read them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yay, a fellow Lunar Chronicles fan! Hope you'll get to both and enjoy them! :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, Wonder!!!!!!! That little marvellous book was my favourite read of 2014 so I'm glad to see it here in your list :) However about both The Darkest Minds and The Diviners, I was not a fan of. Well, I enjoyed The Diviners but I was expecting to love it and about The Darkest Minds... well, let's just say it's clear dystopia and I don't get along most of the times.
    Winter will also be on my favourites this year. Or at least, it will get a memorable mention because it was great but I had some problems (as you know) which prevented me from giving it a full 5 stars (and that's how I mark my favourites) but hey, 4.5 is good as well hahaha
    Next year, I'm gonna do my best and read The Shadow of the Wind. It has to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder is one of the most beautiful books I've ever read, and I'm so glad you love it too! It's a shame about TDM and The Diviners but we can't like all the same books, right? :) I really loved both, but The Diviners was definitely more 'my kind of book'.
      As you know, I'm a bit disappointed in Winter myself - so far, I could full heartedly say that the series kept getting better, now I can't because Winter was, maybe, my least favorite. :(
      Let me know when you pick it up because I'm SO EXCITED to see what you think of it!

      Delete
  10. Almost every single book in that list is in my TBR! :D I really want to read certain books mentioned above, such as Simon, Winter and Minnow Bly!
    Great list Ronnie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, definitely read Simon! It's one of the cutest, realest, greatest books I've ever read! Thanks, Mish! :)

      Delete
  11. The only book you've got here that I've read it Winter. It only missed my list by a hair - and mostly because I'm pretty sure I'll see it on a lot of lists this week. After enjoying the first in the Starbound series, I'm really looking forward to reading This Shattered World, because it sounds even more like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame about Winter, but I'm glad it at least got close to your list. :) Eek, can't wait for you to read This Shattered World, and OMG the final book was SUPER-GOOD as well!

      Delete
  12. I must read Shadow of the Wind. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you split it up by genre! I also loved The Darkest Minds and The Darkest Part of the Forest. I read Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn this year and am so ready to read Gone Girl. Thanks for sharing! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yay, glad about the common faves! I've only read GG by Gillian Flynn but I can't wait to pick up her other novels. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)