Friday, December 11

{Guest Post by Sabrina's Stories} The 12 Days of Christmas Bookish Gift Guide



Hi everyone!  Before I get into it, I would like to say a big thank you to Ruzaika and Veronika for having me on The Regal Critiques!

For my post, I decided to make a gift guide based off of the Christmas carol “The 12 Days of Christmas”.  I’ve tried to include a range of prices and interests in each category, and I have twisted some descriptions slightly so I could stick to the rhythm of the carol.  Also…some items may not be up for purchase (it’ll make sense soon enough).

Let’s get into it!



On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…


12 Bookish T-Shirts


  
   



1.  Bookshelf heart shirt from Redbubble

2.  ‘The book was better’ shirt from Redbubble

3.  ‘Ceci n'est pas une pipe’ shirt by VAShirtShop on Etsy

4.  Camp Half-Blood shirt by TAGGear on Etsy

7.  Lord of the Rings shirt from Redbubble

8.  The Book Thief shirt from Redbubble

9. Celaena shirt from Redbubble

10.  Harry Potter / Pokemon shirt from Redbubble

12.  The Selection tiara shirt from Redbubble

A lot of these shirts are from Redbubble – which if you haven’t discovered already, I highly recommend.  Artists can sell different things with their art printed on them there, and there is a tonne of stuff based on books and tv shows.  All the shirts shown from Redbubble can be customised by choosing the style of shirt as well as the colour of the fabric.  Also, sorry about missing some pictures – they couldn’t be saved.


11 Random Items
 
  
 
  


1.  Book Zipper Pouch by thepurplehedgehog on Etsy

2.  Edgar Allan Poe-ka Dot Socks by Book Riot

3.  Lux series Quote Bookmark by Hebel Design

4.  Jane Austen Quote Mug by Brookish on Etsy

5.  The Trees Speak Latin Candle by TheMeltingLibrary on Etsy (from The Raven Cycle)

6.  Stele Pen by Hebel Design (from Shadowhunter books)

7.  Wonka Bar with Golden Ticket from Chocablock Chocolates



10.  Mary Poppins’s Umbrella from Disney


11.  Camp Half-Blood Cup by HPNerdCrafts on Etsy (from Percy Jackson) (I was looking for a Riptide replica but I could only find a legitimate steel SWORD which is not ideal)

10 New (2015) YA Releases

       

1.  Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Sci-fi, zombies, first in a series

2.  The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
Beautiful writing, mysterious, standalone

3.  Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
Contemporary, features main character with schizophrenia, standalone

4.  Uprooted by Naomi Novik
Fantasy, loose retelling of Beauty and the Beast, standalone

5.  An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Fantasy, dual perspective, contests, first in a series

6.  Cloudwish by Fiona Wood
Contemporary, standalone, culturally diverse

7.  Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Fantasy from the Grisha universe, criminals

8.  Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
From the author of The Darkest Minds, time travel

9.  The Fixer by Jennifer Lynne Barnes
From the author of The Naturals, mystery thriller with sisters

10.  Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
Contemporary, features main character with OCD, involves poetry

I have read and enjoyed and highly recommend numbers 1-6 of these books, and the others are books on my TBR pile that have the highest average rating on Goodreads right now.

9 Bits of Jewelry

 
  
  


1.  Morgenstern Ring Necklace from The Mortal Instruments series

2.  Morozova’s Collar from The Grisha trilogy

3.  Maxon’s Bracelet from The Selection series

4.  Day’s Locket from the Legend trilogy

5.  Noah’s Feather/Dagger Necklace from the Mara Dyer trilogy

6.  Clockwork Angel Necklace from The Infernal Devices trilogy

7.  Obsidian Neckalce from the Lux series

8.  Nightlock Berries Necklace from The Hunger Games series

9.  Tris’s Tattoo Necklace from the Divergent trilogy

A lot of the jewellery I’ve put here is from a website called Hebel Design.  As you can see, it has a whole lot of bookish jewellery.  It can be a little on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for!  Obviously you could search for cheaper alternatives on somewhere like Etsy.

8 Bookish Best Friends

1.  The Raven Boys + Blue from The Raven Cycle
If your giftee is after adventure and magic, look no further than these guys.

2.  Cath from Fangirl
For someone who enjoys sharing their passion for stories – especially if they love fanfiction.

3.  Vân Uoc from Cloudwish
Don’t look any further if you’re after a friend who is kind and selfless and brings a little magic to everyday life.

4.  Shahrzad from The Wrath and the Dawn
This is a friend that will risk her life to avenge you.  You won’t find anyone more loyal.

5.  Kami and her friends from Unspoken
This group is definitely a mixed bag, but they’re a lot of fun and your giftee will enjoy a lot of laughter with them.

6.  Percy and friends from the Percy Jackson series
I may not have finished the series yet, but already I know that Percy and his gang would be great for helping save the world and having a good time whilst doing it.

7.  Celaena from the Throne of Glass series
She may be terrifying, but you’ll find no one better suited to providing protection from the bad guys.  Plus, she likes reading, so you’d always have something to talk about.

8.  Zuzana and Karou from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy
It’s hard not to love these two, plus they make life interesting.

7 HP Items



3. A Hedwig Stuffed Toy
(I’d suggest checking out “snowy owls” from Stuffed Safari)

4.  A Custom Wand

5.  The Elder Wand
(Check out Alivan’s for custom and standard wands!)


7.  A Couple of Chocolate Frogs

For most of these items, I’d suggest looking around the internet because (especially with the necklaces) there are massively varying degrees of quality and cost.

6 Bookish Boyfriends


1.  Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices
He’s the nice one from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.  If your giftee is looking for a caring yet bad*** (he’s a demon hunter) boyfriend, here he is!

2.  Levi from Fangirl
Super sweet and kind, he’s the perfect choice.

3.  Chaol Westfall from Throne of Glass
If your gift receiver is looking for someone a bit more dangerous, Chaol would be a great pick.  I don’t personally see the appeal (I’m more of a Dorian girl myself :P), but I know he has a lot of admires out there.

4.  Daemon Black from Obsidian
Don’t mind if your boyfriend has some personality issues, as long as he’s smoking hot and out-of-this-world?  This is the option for you.

5.  Gansey from The Raven Cycle
For the adventurous giftee, who doesn’t mind a bit of eccentricity.

6.  Maxon Schreave from The Selection
You can’t aim much higher than a kind and polite prince, can you?

5 Bookish Bags




2.  Blue books bag from Redbubble

3.  ‘You could rattle the stars’ bag from Redbubble (Throne of Glass)

4.  The Selection patterned bag from Redbubble


4 Cool Bookends

 



1.  Book & Hero by Artori Design
This is a personal favourite of mine, considering my love for superheroes.  It works by concealing the real bookend in the first book, and then attaching the superhero using a strong magnet making it look like the superhero is holding up the books!

2.  Hide and Seek by Iron Accents
These bookends are just adorable!  I think they would work in almost any room too.

3.  Oak Vase Bookend by Adra
This is another bookend that I believe would suit any room.  I love how it gives you the option to customise it, by choosing what flower to put in the vase.

4.  Katana Bookends from Amazon
How cool are these?  I think they would be great for a fantasy fan.

3 Costumes
 


1.  Gryffindor Robes from Buy Harry Potter Costumes
Who wouldn’t want these?  There’s also this option on Amazon if you wanted to get a different house’s robes.

2.  Legolas Costume from Costume Craze
Everyone wants to be Legolas, right?  I actually found this same costume on several different sites, but this was the cheapest at the current time.  It should also be noted that this version doesn’t come with the wig and leaf clasp – they have to be purchased separately (which in hindsight is probably why this was the cheapest option).

3.  Dorothy Gale Costume from Blossom Costumes
It was a struggle trying to find a Dorothy costume that didn’t have “sexy” in the title, but I eventually succeeded, as you can see.

Sidenote: Whilst on my search for bookish costumes, I came across something hilarious… A toddler’s Hedwig costume!  Check it out:



2 Fun Outings

1.  The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
I’m pretty sure even non-Harry Potter fans would have a great time here.

2.  Any Disneyland or Disney World
I don’t think I’ve met a single person, never mind booklover, who doesn’t like Disney.

And more time for me to reeead!

Thanks again for having me, and I hope you enjoyed this gift guide!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I have never owned a bookish shirt before, but now I really want to have one. I want people to identify me as a bookworm because I'm honestly proud to call myself that, despite how many people think that "books are lame." (Which is still not.)

    Most of these items I really love as well, haha. Great post and I enjoyed reading through it, of course :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Jillian!
      I've never owned a bookish shirt either, but I completely agree with you :D

      Delete
  2. This idea was great Sabrina! I do think bookish gifts, instead of books sometimes, can be a very nice idea for a present. And you have given me quite a few things to choose from, especially t-shirts and crafts (I love necklaces, even more if they are book-related)... that HG bottle might be added to my collection as well as the Morozovar's Collar. And, of course I'm getting some HP merchandising because, how could it be Christmas without some HP love? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelia!
      I love both those necklaces too :)
      And you're right about HP and Christmas! :P

      Delete
  3. I want so many of these!! Maybe I'll just forward this onto people who are supposed to buy for me this year... give them a couple of hints/ideas :D The Daughter of Smoke and Bone bag, the necklaces and tshirts look so cool!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think that's a great idea, Laura! I'm glad that you liked a lot of the items.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)