Monday, December 14

{Guest Post by Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf} Christmas Cracker Book Tag


Hi, lovelies!! I may not know all of you, and you may not know me, so for the sake of introduction, I'm Ranu from The Araliya Bookshelf! The lovely Ruzi asked me to guest post for The Regal Critiques, so many hugs to her for having me! (And not getting angry at me for not sending this in on time!)

So, since it is That Time Of The Year Again, and all the shops are dragging out there sparkly, glittery decor, and the radio stations are playing jingly music, and everyone is just excited because CHRISTMAS, I was asked to write up something Christmassy. So I thought to myself, what better than a Christmas book tag! I found the tag here.

So here we go!

#1. A book with a wintry cover?

I shiver just looking at that cover! Also, the book sounds marvelously fabulous, too, and
I can't wait until it's finally published so I CAN GET MY HANDS ON IT.

#2. A book you’re likely buy as a present



Basically, I will spend my whole life book-pushing this on people. Marie Lu is just AMAZING, and this trilogy will break your heart. 
#3. A festive themed book


Let It Snow was so funny, and full of Christmas spirit!

#4. Pick a book you can curl up with by the fireplace


Actually, it's hot enough here in Sri Lanka already without fireplaces, but hey, a girl can use her imagination, right? This book will break your heart to pieces and stitch it back together again. If you love being left with the warm fuzzies after turning the last page of a book, you should totally read this.

#5. Pick a book you want to read over the festive period


Well, I don't have a particular one in mind, actually! I don't know a lot of festive books. But please, recommend some to me!!

#6. Pick a book that’s so good it gives you chills


I literally get the chills just thinking about how good this was! KESTREL AND ARIN ARE THE BEST SHIP OF EVER!! I seriously can't talk about this book without getting goosebumps!

#7. Pick a book going on your Christmas wishlist


What? Just one? TOO HARD!! But if you want my most recent, it's Made You Up, by Francesca Zappia! EVERYONE loves it, and I really want to see what the hype is about!

So that's it! Thanks again, Ruzi, for having me here, and I hope you all have a WONDERFULLY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 

7 comments:

  1. Hello Ranu, it's lovely to meet you on here and I love all your picks. As a recommendation I would go for My True Love Gave to Me, it's a collection of stories by so many brilliant authors, Rainbow Rowell. Jenny Han to name a couple. Have a good Christmas. :) I'll check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! So nice to meet you, too! I've been eyeing My True Love Gave To me for quite some time now. It does sound pretty amazing. Hope you have a fantastic Christmas, too! :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh Into The Dim sounds absolutely amazing - thanks for making me aware of it Ranu!
    I happen to push the Legend trilogy onto people as well. It's definitely got something for everyone and it's so addictive.
    Also, I support putting Made You Up on your wishlist! I truly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Into The Dim DOES sound amazing! And YAASS, another Legend fangirl! Iparing forEVER!!! That ending :'( And oh, Made You Up. I NEED THAT BOOK RIGHT NOW!! Looks like you have good taste in books ;)

      Delete
  3. I would love to receive Legend as a present because I haven't gotten around to reading it yet! I must soon! Haven't read Let it Snow but I do love holiday themed books so I must give it a try this season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to agree that the Legend series was quite good and indeed heartbreaking! And I always go for Harry Potter during the festive holidays. I don't know what it is (maybe that the movies always came out around the holidays... maybe) but I always gravitate towards HP when December comes. Otherwise I don't tend to read Christmassy reads like Let It Snow, for example. I might do so when it's not Christmas anymore. I don't know. I'm a weird human being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cover for Into the Dim. That's probably what first caught my attention because it is gorgeous! And the books sounds seriously awesome, too. I actually haven't read The Winner's Curse yet, but I want to. (So many books, so little time!) It is great to know the second one it that good though. Very nice tag, Ranu!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)