Sunday, December 20

{Guest Post by Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales} Reasons Why Christmas Is My Favorite Season of the Year!



First of all, I want to thank Ronnie and Ruzi for inviting me over to their blog and let me ramble to their readers! Thank you, my lovely pumpkins!

And hi to the readers of Regal Critiques!



I love Christmas. Well, to be honest, not the day of Christmas, but rather the season. Undeniably it’s my favorite season of the year, despite being one of the busiest! So today, I am going to share you the reasons why I love the season so much, and don’t forget to let me know what you feel about the season in the comments!


1) The climate

The weather of this season is perfect! While I would have preferred if it snowed here in Sri Lanka, like it did in foreign countries, which would have created a picture perfect Christmas season, I do enjoy the cool and clear weather we have here during December! It calls for full sleeved t shirts and over-sized sweaters – basically I can wear my regular uniform without looking out of place for once! :D

2) The shopping

My favorite part of the season, hands down. I normally hate shopping – especially when I go shopping for clothes with my mum, but for some reason, Christmas shopping stands out. Even if my feet are dead after walking up and down through stores and visit every single retailer in the city, I can never get tired of Christmas shopping.


3) The sales

I love the fact that I can shop without being afraid of ending up broke during this season. All the sales are ridiculous! From online stores to local ones, they offer sales so good that I almost want to buy stuff just for the sale, not because I want it! ;D

4) Holidays

Christmas season means a month long of holidays. What more do you want than the chance of waking up super late on cold mornings??? Since the school year is Jan to December here in SL, December holidays can be spent without a single thought of homework, assignments or schoolwork! Hanging out with friends, family, mindlessly wasting time online – these days are practically heaven!

5) Carols and Christmas songs

I’ll never get tired of Christmas songs! One of the highlights of the season is that wherever I go, I always hear them playing in the stereo! ( Yesterday, I went to the hospital, and they were playing Jingle Bells in the cardiology ward! :D) Christmas songs always have a magic, they never fail to cheer me up and make me want to sing along!


6) The decor

While individual decor at homes are always pretty to watch, the best is the decor you could see at malls and stores! I love to take a stroll in the city at night, to watch all the decor and lights in full bloom! It’s gorgeous!




7) The food


Of course, how can we forget the food??? :D I love Christmas food! All the tarts and sweets and sugary and chocolaty goods are too delicious for words! And all the hot drinks! HOT CHOCOLATE FOR THE WIN!!!

8) The gifts


Who doesn’t love gifts??? :D I love receiving gifts, no matter how simple they are, and more than that, I love sending them! And this time, I am sending cards to bloggers as well, and it’s so fun! I love to go gift shopping and select and buy stuff for my friends!



9) Christmas movies


I marathon Christmas movies as a tradition every Christmas season, and I never get tired of them! Love Actually is one of my faves, while I never miss the first HP movies, as they feature Christmas largely, and it makes me feel nostalgic!

10) The love and happiness present in the air

And that, if you ask me, is the best part of Christmas! I adore the love, the warmth and the joy of this season, which makes families and friends come together and celebrate this beautiful holiday and enjoy the lovely season.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with all your reasons for saying Christmas is your favourite season save the shopping one. I don't do well on crowds and so during the christmas shopping I get quite anxious. Everybody behaves in such a crazy manner that I just can't stand it for more than 10 minutes. Food, on the other hand, is my favourite thing of the list. I would be lying if I said I'm not a pig when it comes to food during Christmas, or food in general LOL
    Merry Christmas to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quote:
    "Since the school year is Jan to December here in SL, December holidays can be spent without a single thought of homework, assignments or schoolwork!"
    So December is like summer vacations in Sri Lanka? I didn't know. Interesting!

    I don't enjoy Christmas as much as I used to when I was a kid, for a few reasons...but I still love the decor ;). Speaking of which, great gifs!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)