Saturday, December 19

Christmas Movie Recs {Guest Post by Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway}



Once Upon a Christmas and Twice Upon a Christmas
 

This duology is my absolute favorite! It's about Santa Claus' daughter Kristen trying to teach this family about the true meaning of Christmas and who ends up falling in love with the husband and his kids. And then shit happens, and the second one finds them trying to save Christmas. And it's just ASDFJKL; I LOVE IT. I mean, the acting is pretty mediocre, and it's an older one, but it's SO good.

Home Alone 1 and 2
 

These movies will never NOT be funny as hell! I can watch them again and again, and still laugh even when I know what's going to happen. I love how this kid deals with the bad guys, and how creative the booby traps are. I always thought that was pretty cool as a kid! The New York one is my favorite, and we'll just pretend #4 didn't happen (or #3...).

Elf

I feel like this is probably the best Will Ferrell role. He is so PERFECT as Buddy, and this movie just makes me smile. I don't like to go FULL out like he does (and I haaaate Christmas music) and ew I would not eat candy on spaghetti, but I love his spirit and his energy and how positive he is about everything. Plus it's just so much fun to watch!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

While I do loooove the cartoon of this, I love this non-animation one! Especially Jim Carrey's role as the Grinch, it is A+. And no matter how many times I've watched it, I will still get excited when it comes on TV.

The Polar Express

Ahhh. I'm not a big fan of animation movies, but I LOVE this one! I love the story, and Tom Hanks, and the whole production. I've seen it so many times, I have almost the whole movie memorized. Haha.

Holiday In Handcuffs

This is like my FAVORITE cheesy holiday movie! It is HILARIOUS. Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez are great in their roles, and it still makes me laugh even though I've seen it a dozen times. And I adore the whole hate-to-love romance!


Hallmark and ABC Family always have such ridiculous Christmas and holiday movies, but I love watching them! Their storylines are so cheesy and simple and the acting is MEH and laughable, but they're just a lot of fun to watch anyway. A few good ones are 12 Dates of Christmas, The Mistletones, Snowglobe, and Christmas Cupid. 

As you can tell, I LOVE Christmas/holiday movies! I'm always so excited about ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas because there are usually some favorites playing, as well as a bunch of movies I haven't seen. (but let's pretend I've actually seen the lineup this year and didn't forget about it...). If you’re looking for some good ones to watch this season, I highly suggest checking out the lineup here: http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/25-Days-Christmas-Lineup-2015-38934070



So what about you? Do you have any favorite Christmas movies, or ones that you ALWAYS have to watch during the holidays? Let me know! I’m always up for watching new movies. 

6 comments:

  1. SO MANY GREAT MOVIES. I absolutely love Home Alone, The Polar Express, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Elf too. xD Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recommendations! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Polar Express is probably my favorite, but Elf and the Grinch are ones I watch every year! Christmas movies are always somewhat cheesy, but so heartfelt. Lovely post! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Actually and The Holiday are the only two movies I watch religiously during Christmas. I used to watch Home Alone as well - only the first one though - but I don't have it on DVD, only on VHS and unfortunately my player doesn't longer work. I should buy the film on DVD but I never remember (oops!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grinch is a Christmas movie that I watch every single year with my siblings - in fact, we just watched it last night! I love how weird and wacky it is.
    I haven't actually seen any Home Alone movies... I know, it's bad. I get told off for not having seen them all the time :P Maybe one day I'll get around to them!
    Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god I cannot believe I never commented on this! I AM SOOOOO SORRY! The post was a heck of a lot of fun, and I just want to say thank you again for inviting me to join your event. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :) We were super-glad to have you here! <3

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)