Friday, December 18

Book Quotes About Christmas


Hello you beautiful, beautiful souls! Today I decided to share with you some lovely book quotes relating to Christmas that I chanced upon. I edited them onto pictures I found on Google Images and I think they came out pretty well, even if I do say so myself ^.^ 

What's Christmas without Harry Potter? Let's start with a HP quote-


“Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. 
"Good thinking," said Luna seriously. "It's often infested with nargles.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

And then, a thought-provoking one:


 To perceive Christmas through its wrapping becomes more difficult with every year.
–E.B. White, The Second Tree from the Corner

This one is dedicated to all you Grinches out there! 


Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas . . . 
perhaps . ..means a little bit more!
–Dr Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Something I thought was quite rib-tickling:


Miracles happen on Christmas, Pat. Everybody knows that shit.
–Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook

And I saved the most gorgeous one for the last! 


I don’t want Christmas season to end, because it’s the only time I can legitimately indulge in one 
particular addiction: glitter.
–Eloisa James, Paris in Love

Did you like any of these quotes in particular? Or maybe you have a few favorites of your own? Do tell me what you think in the comments below! 
❤️

9 comments:

  1. Great job Ruzi! Even Grinch-in-the-Flesh approves ;D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mission accomplished! I was particularly thinking of you when I chose that quote, Roby! :D Thanks :))

      Delete
  2. Haha I love that Harry Potter one! Luna was such a kind soul! I watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas the other day and that book and movie never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna is a really awesome character- one of my absolute favorites. ❤️ And yes, that movie truly is one I'm never tired of! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, you had to put Luna's first so I had a huge smile on my face while reading the rest of the quotes <33 she's an amazing character hahaha and I'm a quite a Grinch sometimes although I love Christmas but I've never read anything by Dr. Seuss (oopsssssssssieeeeeeeeee LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, knew Potterheads like you and me would love that one- I adore Luna too bits! Glad you could relate to the Grinch hahaha and OMG you really should fix that bit about not reading anything by Dr. Seuss! You never get too old for those books!! :D

      Delete
  4. These quotes are so lovely and really get me in the holiday spirit! I especially love the text cards you created for each one. That Luna quote is wonderful--I had totally forgotten it existed! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! I'm glad you loved these quotes, I loved making those pics! ❤️ Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)