Tuesday, November 17

Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In 2015


Hi lovelies. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and today's topic is: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In 2015. I absolutely love this topic and can't wait to get started - hope you'll enjoy my post. :)



“She thought all you needed to do - all any of them needed - was to get out. But maybe you carried your demons with you everywhere, the way you carried your shadow.” 
//Panic by Lauren Oliver//


“We rarely find a depth by looking inside of ourselves for it. Depth is found in what we can learn from the people and things around us. Everyone, everything, has a story, Gia. When you learn those stories, you learn experiences that fill you up, that expand your understanding. You add layers to your soul.” 
//The Fill in Boyfriend by Kasie West//


“I used to think that loving somebody meant sacrificing anything for them. I thought it meant writing them a blank cheque. I thought it meant that you would die without each other. But it turns out that death and a broken heart are not he same.
These days, I think that love is not so dramatic as all that. Maybe loving somebody means simply they bring out the best in you, and you bring out the best in them - so that together, you are always the best possible versions of yourselves.” 
//Tonight the Streets by Leila Sales//


"That’s what life is, pretty much: full of holes and tangles and ways to get stuck. Uncomfortable and itchy. A present you never asked for, never wanted, never chose. A present you’re supposed to be excited to wear, day after day, even when you’d rather stay in bed and do nothing." 
//Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver//


“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” 
//To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee//


Uncle Will frowned. “Didn’t they teach you how to go about research in that school of yours?”
“No. But I can recite ‘The Battle Hymn of the Republic’ while making martinis.”
“I weep for the future.”
“There’s where the martinis come in.” 
//The Diviners by Libba Bray//


“I need to stop fantasizing about running away to some other life and start figuring out the one I have.” 
//The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black//


"If you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages - no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered." 
//I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios//


“Tampon commercial, detergent commercial, maxi pad commercial, windex commercial - you'd think all women do is clean and bleed.” 
//Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn//


“Some things you just can't explain. You don't even try. You don't know where to start. All your sentences would jumble up like a giant knot if you opened your mouth. Any words you used would come out wrong.” 
//Wonder by R. J. Palacio//

These were my top ten quotes from all the books I've read in 2015 - that said, not all of these would qualify as my favorite books of this year. Share with me your lists in the comments, and tell me, have you read/plan on reading any of these novels?

28 comments:

  1. Ah, these are such amazing quotes, especially the one from Vanishing Girls! Great picks :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Recent post: Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote from Wonder, it really related to me! To Kill a Mockingbird had some great lines as well,my hat entire book was basically one book lesson! I haven't gotten to Panic or Vanishing Girls yet, but one day I shall read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, both Wonder and To Kill a Mockingbird are extremely quotable - I could have chosen tons and tons of amazing lines from them! You should definitely read Panic and Vanishing Girls - the latter especially!

      Delete
  3. I love Leila Sales, but I need to read the Streets are Ours still, and I love the quote you chose, so I need to get to it soon! These are all great quotes, love that one from the Fill-In Boyfriend :)
    Here's my TTT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll enjoy Tonight the Streets Are Ours - it was definitely a wonderfully written book. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Some great quotes on there. Both from Wonder and Gone Girl are amazing, as were the books in general :) and the one from To Kill A Mockingbird is particularly important and will be always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noelia! All three books you mentioned are among my favorite - and they're extremely quotable, as well. :)

      Delete
  5. Whooo all the books I haven't read yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, the Gone Girl quote :D I forgot about that one.

    Here is my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a HUGE mistake on your part - I can't help but love Amy, despite... well... lol

      Delete
  7. Great picks! I love that quote from Tonight the Streets are Ours!!

    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks, Veronika! I *love* the one from Tonight the Streets Are Ours. Makes me want to grab the book and read it now.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! It's definitely a very meaningful book and I'm excited to see your thoughts on it. :)

      Delete
  9. Panic and Vanishing Girls are both on my TBR and loaded on my Kindle. Now I need to go read them. Great quotes! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved both of these novels, especially Vanishing Girls, and I hope you'll enjoy them just as much as I did. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Yes! quote twinsies! I quoted that same Holly Black quote.

    Also every quote from Wonder makes me so sad but also so hopeful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's awesome! :) SAME! I so love Wonder and all the FEELS it gave me. :)

      Delete
  11. Love these quotes, Veronika. :-) I especially enjoyed The Fill-In Boyfriend.

    I need to start writing down good quotes!

    Julia Anne
    Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can always add them to Goodreads, if that's faster, and also browse through the comments there. :)

      Delete
  12. These quotes are all so good! I actually have a little notebook where I used to write down my favourite quotes, and that one from Panic is in there :)
    I also especially love the quotes you've shared from The Darkest Part of the Forest and Wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used to write down my favorite quotes, too, but somewhere along the way got super-lazy and now I just can't bother with that. Those are one of my favorites, too! :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)