Tuesday, November 10

Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To


Hi lovelies. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's topic is the Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To. I love movie adaptation, so this topic is perfect for me. Can't wait to share my list with you. 



Mockingjay Part 2
Only a few more days until the premiere! I think the last two movies turned out pretty great and I can't freaking wait to see one of my biggest ships get together on the big screen. 
And I don't care if it's strange that I'm the most excited about that from the whole movie. 



The Death Cure
To be honest, the second adaptation was a bit of a disappointment because it didn't left much space for characterization. It was also a bit tiring to watch because I felt like the action-packed scenes never stopped. Anyways, I hope the last movie will be done much better, more so because we have to wait 2 years for it!


Alice Through the Looking Glass
I have not read the Alice in Wonderland novels but I adored the first movie and absolutely can't wait for the second. I do have both books, and, hopefully, I'll read them in time for the movie.


The Forest of Hands & Teeth
Oh my god, how I adored this novel when I first read it years ago. I can't wait to see how far they'll go with the gory and disturbing details. 




A Monster Calls
I'm equal parts excited for A Monster Calls movie and afraid of it. It is one of my favorite novels of all time, but I'm scared that it's dark uniqueness won't come through as a movie. We'll see.


Before I Fall
I love love love this novel and absolutely can't wait to see it on screen! I'm not a 100% sure of the casting but I do believe the movie can still turn out awesome.


Still Alice
The only reason I haven't yet watched it is because it's SOOO SAD. Anyways, it got marvelous critics, and Julianne Moore even brought home an Oscar. 


The Girl on the Train
This was such an enjoyable novel, even if it couldn't live up to my favorite thrillers. The casting looks good enough and I believe it is possible that I'll enjoy the movie more than book. We'll see.



Sapphire Blue
I really enjoyed the first movie, despite feeling like it was overdone at some parts, and I'm really, really excited for the second adaptation. However, me and my friend never got around to actually watch it. One day, though.


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
I wasn't all that interested in the novel and the movie until I heard that Tim Burton is making the movie, which basically means that it's going to be awesome. Also, Eva Green is one of the protagonists - can this sound any better?


So this was my list! Have you plan to see/seen any of these movies? Share with me your TTTs in the comments!

30 comments:

  1. I'm so freaking excited to see the Miss Peregrine adaptation! I wish it hadn't been pushed back to next Christmas though...

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda glad it was pushed back - more time to read the book(s). :D

      Delete
  2. Haven't read A Monster Calls but i'm still excited because it has one of my favorite actors, Felicity Jones. Still Alice is amazing. Had no clue that Kristen Stewart had so much talent before that movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should give it a chance - it's an amazing book! I'm really looking forward to seeing Kristen in Still Alice because I heard she was awesome in it!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about excited/scared about A Monster Calls. I totally have the same feelings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, it'll live up to our expectations!

      Delete
  4. Still Alice made it to my list too. And yes I am also keen on reading A Monster Calls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll enjoy A Monster Calls - it's such a unique novel!

      Delete
  5. Omg, I'm dying to watch Emerald Green and it got postponed to next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo, I haven't heard that - now I feel like I have to postpone watching the second movie for as long as possible.

      Delete
  6. Great list :) I can't wait to watch A Monster Calls as well, I heard lots of good things about the book :) After Scorch Trials, I'm kinda nervous to see The Death Cure, I hope it's good!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you read the book before the movie - it's really, really amazing and super-short! Me too, I'm excited to see what kind of things they'll change in it, and hope they won't ruin the story. :)

      Delete
  7. I can't wait for Mockingjay Part 2! I've invested so much time into this series, that I am sad to see it go though :( I was anaware of the Monster Calls Movie! I must read the book soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely going to be a bittersweet feeling watching the end of Katniss' story - and so many heartbreaking parts to come in it! Hope you'll enjoy A Monster Calls, it's such a gorgeous novel!

      Delete
  8. I think everyone is SO ready for Mockingjay Part 2! And I'm with you... I don't care that what I'm most looking forward to is Katniss & Peeta. LOL I can't believe I haven't read the Ruby Red trilogy yet (even though I own all 3 books). I need to do that soon!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to watch it next week because I CAN'T KEEP CALM! The little snippets the trailer shows from Katniss and Peeta's slowly (re)building relationship make me soooo excited! Hope you'll enjoy Ruby Red!

      Delete
  9. Oh god, I'm so ready for Mockingjay Part 2 but I'm also scared. The trailer looks amazing and everything but Part 1 also looked great and it was a bit disappointed for me. I don't know why but it didn't make me feel as much as the first two movies. The last book is also my least favourite and I want the movie to improve some parts of the books. I hope they deliver!
    And yes, yes yes for A Monster Calls. The casting looks awesome and it's directed by a Spanish director. Being excited would be an understatement hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Part 1, too, but Catching Fire remained my favorite movie (and book) - I missed seeing Peeta and Katniss together so much! My heart is already breaking for the characters who will die in the last movie, though I heard that one or two of them might actually survive in the movie. I sure hope that wasn't just gossip.
      Can't wait for it, hope it's as good as it seems like. :D

      Delete
  10. I'm very interested to see hoe Girl on a Train will be brought to film. Awesome List. Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list!! I realize now that I forgot to add The Book Thief to my list this week too as I still have to read this book or watch the movie adaptation.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thanks for reminding me because I still haven't read that novel, nor watched the movie!

      Delete
  12. Great movies on your list! There are quite a few on here that I want to watch myself. I NEED MOCKINGJAY PART 2 TO COME OUT ALREADY!!! Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! IKR? The waiting is KILLING ME!

      Delete
  13. Mockingjay definitely. Can't wait for that to come out in the next couple of weeks. The end of the era. Death Cure yes, yes. I loved the films, never read the books though. Great list, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of sad because this era ends - I don't see any of the adaptations that will be released soon to live up to the success of Hunger Games. The last book was terrible, but I hope the movie will redeem it for me. Thanks!

      Delete
  14. So ready for Mockingjay Part 2!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHY HAVEN'T I READ THE FOREST OF HANDS & TEETH YET?? There's so many movie adaptations coming out that I haven't read the book to, so I definitely need to get on that asap. I'm so excited for A Monster Calls because HELLO, everyone knows Patrick is my husband, and The Girl On Train looks like it's going to be a good one too. I'm really excited for that one, especially since I really enjoyed the book! & I'm sure we're all counting down Mockingjay Part 2 lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just HAVE TO pick that one up because it has quite a few unique traits waiting just for you, well, as far as I remember lol. I know that feeling - these days adaptations are made left and right and I'm so behind on reading the books! Haha, I sure hope AMC and TGOTT will be really great! Ooh, and Mockingjay... now that I answered to everyone's comments I'm EVEN MORE excited about the movie!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)