Tuesday, September 15

Top Ten Best Boyfriends in Contemporary


Hello lovelies. For those of you who haven't heard about Top Ten Tuesday, it's a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week everyone can choose their own topic and after much thinking I decided to make a Top Ten Best Boyfriends in Contemporary list. After checking my Goodreads for amazing contemporary bfs, my list (of course) turned out to be much longer than I ever expected. Reducing it to ten was painful enough, but putting these guys in order was much-much worse. Anyhow, finally I have an order that I'm (mostly) satisfied with. Hope you'll enjoy my list. :)


Check out my previously made list of the



Now, back to the great guys. :) 

10. Olly from Everything, Everything

Olly and Madeline had one of the cutest relationships I've ever read about even before getting romantically involved with each other. Despite how hard his life has been thanks to his dysfunctional family he is one of the nicest, kindest guys ever. And he is way too adorable. I don't understand how anyone would not like him.



9. Michael from The Princess Diaries

Michael's always been one of my favorite book boyfriends, and I don't think I have to tell you that Royal Wedding only secured my love for him. Michael has always been super-supportive of Mia, and I don't remember ever seeing him complain about how complicated being with a princess is. The only reason he didn't get a better place on my list is that he had way too little part in the books. 

8. Micha from The Secret series

As The Secret series progressed I got less and less involved in the story but only because I thought that Sorensen was milking that cow for way too long. However, my love the four protagonists never changed. Micha is one of the most supportive, forgiving, loving boyfriend ever so obviously he had to have a place on this list. 

7. Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door

While some people thought Lola was strange and a freak for experimenting with fashion the way she did, Cricket was proud to call himself her (boy)friend. He was very supportive of her and basically would have done anything for her. Plus he was CUTE. Like, unbelievably so.

6. Adam from If I Stay series

Adam has been a favorite of mine ever since I finished If I Stay. His love for Mia has always been crystal clear both from the little snippets of their past, and the way he wanted, no, needed to see Mia after the accident. Their love was so beautifully written and I fell for him even more in Where She Went

5. Braden from On Dublin Street

Braden nearly got a much better place on this list but then I thought about how I'm listing the 'best' boyfriends on this list, not my personal 'favorites'. Not that he wasn't a great boyfriend but god knows he is not as perfect as the others. However he'd do absolutely anything to protect Jocelyn and the people he loves. He tried his damn hardest to understand Joss and help her solve her problems and became someone she could confide in. They were PERFECT for each other so seeing their relationship progress was THE BEST thing ever.

4. Patrick from Something Real

Patrick was such a great boyfriend through the whole novel. He put up with the press, never blamed Chloe for anything and tried his damn hardest to protect her. Besides that one time they argued, he didn't even complain about all the gossip that surrounded them. For him, being with Chloe meant MUCH more than being with a normal girl could have - and he made sure to show this to her.  

3. Lachlan from Unravel

Lachlan turned out to be so different from what I expected. No matter what, he never once gave up on Naomi, and was convinced she would get better and go home with him. His love for her was so freaking beautiful and undefeatable. They're one of those couples that went through so much horrible stuff together, but that only made their love more strong.

2. Cole from Echoes of Scotland Street

Cole is one of those guys who isn't ashamed to admit he's looking for a serious relationship and plans to find the love of his life - which is oh-so-rare in Adult or NA Contemporary. He made completely sure that Shannon felt respected, cherished and beautiful at all times. He helped Shannon through everything, yet he never tried to control her. Their relationship... oh my god, I died from the beauty of their trust in each other. Seriously, like Adult Romance? Read the On Dublin Street series!

1. Cam from Wait for You

I guess some of you aren't surprised to see Cameron Hamilton on the top of my list, given my love for this series. Cam is such an awesome guy, he's a great friend and brother, he's totally patient and he isn't too proud to give second or third chances. Moreover, he supported Avery through everything and was a devoted boyfriend. Did I mention that he has a pet turtle, named Raphael? Or the fact that he BAKES? Perfection.


Do we have any common favorites? Or maybe, unlike me, you were underwhelmed by these guys? Share with me your thoughts about my list in the comments and don't forget to mention who's the absolutely best contemporary boyfriend in your opinion. If you're at it, share with me your TTTs as well. :) 


36 comments:

  1. You have got some amazing book boyfriends on your list! I completely agree with Olly. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissi! Yeah, def one of the cutest guys I've ever read about. :)

      Delete
  2. Great book boyfriends. I think if I had to add any one to your list it would have to be Mac Chatham from Saint Anything. I 'met' him this year and he's become a favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you mentioned him because I absolutely can't wait to read Saint Anything! Love Sarah Dessen's works, even though The Moon and More was a bit of a disappointment.

      Delete
  3. I've never read any of these books, but, judging from your descriptions, I think I could use some of these guys in my real life! I don't read contemporary often, but I do sometimes when I need a break from all the intensity in sci-fi/fantasy. I'll have to check out these books so I'll have something for the next time since I much prefer adorable relationships to alpha/controlling type ones. Here's my TTT :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try picking up some of these when you feel like taking a break - I think you'd like most of them. The cutest, relaxing ones would be Everything, Everything and Lola and the Boy Next Door - not that the others are bad but sometimes they do get... stressful. And E, E is the cutest book I've read this year. :)

      Delete
  4. Not gonna lie, the only one I know is Cricket and I have to say I found him to be an adorable character through and through. And when it comes to contemporary boyfriends I don't have much to pick up from because contemporary is not my strongest genre so I'm gonna cheat and say Will Herondale is still my favourite fictional boyfriend. Yes, he doesn't come from a contemprary book but we are going to forget about that for a minute =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd love that I included Cricket. Honestly, he just couldn't not be included on my list - so SO adorable and supportive. I'll let you do that but only because I'm in a good mood :D. But seriously, I think there are not many people who read TID that wouldn't excuse Will Herondale of any and every rule. He's just that awesome. :D

      Delete
  5. I loved Adam so much! He was so caring towards Mia, even during his struggles. Cricket was also a really cute character:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he was. And I loved seeing his pov in Where She Went. Aww, Cricket is def one of the cutest guys ever. :)

      Delete
  6. I agree, Olly was so great - I just loved Everything, Everything so much!

    Aentee at Reat at Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew lots of guys like him IRL. :D

      Delete
  7. So much YES!!! Cricket is one of my all-time fave book boyfriends. I also recently fell in love with Olly - how adorable was he!? I still need to read the Wait For You series, but I've heard others claim Cam is amazing as well. Such a great topic idea for today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cricket is the best of the best, so SO adorable and totally amazing. Frankly, I never expected Olly to be THAT cute! Kudos to the author for creating such an adorable character without making him cheesy. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  8. Ugh, does it say alot about my reading tastes if I tell you I do not know any of these guys?!?! But I think that's a good thing to do because know you just made me want to buy all these books, especially since I'm always on a lookout for the next book boyfriend :D

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not at all, Faye. I'd definitely recommend you to try reading some of these novels because these guys are just DREAMY. :P

      Delete
  9. YES OLLY! I have just finished EE and I loved it and I adored Olly. Definitely agree with Micha and Cam some of my favourite NA novels. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So SO glad you loved Olly that much too! But again, I think one could be very cold-hearted not to like him. Way too cute for his own good. Thanks, I'm glad you like my picks. :)

      Delete
  10. Okay so of these I've only read If I Stay and Lola and the Boy Next Door and I totally agree! I do love how Cricket supported her and never judged her fashion or commented even when it was so far out there! And Adam, awe poor sweet Adam he was a mess without her and it was so sad.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of these guys are so SO supportive and lovely. Cricket and Lola made the perfect pair, both had unique fashion senses and loved each other's' style. #otp Adam was such a genuinely great guy who ALWAYS tried to put Mia first and recognized his mistakes.

      Delete
  11. You have introduced me to so many new book boyfriends that really make me want to check out the books! I loved Braden from On Dublin Street, too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you' find some books on my lists that you'll enjoy. Braden is such a freaking great character. I don't even have words to describe him. :D

      Delete
  12. I love this topic - it's such a great one! Might need to steal it next time we have a freebie week :)

    I adore Adam, so I'm so glad he got a mention. I've heard brilliant things about 'Everything, Everything', but I haven't managed to get hold of it yet - hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyce. You definitely should, I would love to see your top ten contemporary boyfriends. :D Hopefully, because that book is exceptionally good and oh-so-cute.

      Delete
  13. awww yay for Michael from Princess Diaries! I did book boyfriends this week too My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael is just so perfect and supportive *-* Love him. :D

      Delete
  14. I've only read If I Stay of the books on your list. I think I would also add Levi from Fangirl to mine. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Levi was definitely such a cute guy, that I have to admit, even though I really wasn't a huge fan of the book. :)

      Delete
  15. Love this topic choice! I have actually only read two of these, but I absolutely agree with Olly! And I didn't really love Adam in If I Stay, but I think that is also partially a case of Movie Adam messing with my memories, because I HATED Movie Adam. Fabulous list!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to agree with Olly- but why wouldn't they? He's so SO perfect and adorable. I found movie Adam to be more selfish and kinda more 'bad boy' than book Adam but I still didn't hate him. Maybe because I found him hot haha.
      Thanks, Shannon!

      Delete
  16. Great topic choice! Very creative.
    I agree with nos. 6 & 7 (they're the only people I know from the list of your awesome people)
    Love, love, love

    Jane @ the bookdragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :D Glad we have common favorites, both these guys were very amazing to read about. :)

      Delete
  17. Great topic for this week's TTT, Veronika! I so agree with Cam. (swoon!) I just read Wait For You recently and he instantly became a favorite. I also liked Adam from the If I Stay duology. Especially in the second book. I'd have to add Daemon Black from the Lux series (my all time fave book boyfriend), Will Cooper from CoHo's Slammed, and Lucas from Easy (Tammara Webber).

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya. :) Yay, so glad I found another Cam fan. Same here, I kinda felt like we really got to know Adam in the second book. Daemon is a top choice of mine too, definitely would have put him on the list if I've listen non-contemporary characters too. I really-really loved Lucas, I could have included him as a bonus *sad sigh* Will.. I'm not a huge fan of but he was definitely likable. Thanks for sharing. :)

      Delete
  18. This is a great topic for this week and I love some of your picks! Olly, Adam, and Lachlan were amazing - I haven't read that much of the others. I have Wait for You in my TBR though. Awesome post <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Benish! :) I think you should try picking up Wait for You one of these days because it really was one of the best NA books I've ever read. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)