Tuesday, September 8

Ten Finished Series I Have Yet to Finish


Hello everyone! For those who don't know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is: Ten Finished Series I Have Yet To Finish. The series I chose for this week are ones that I actually feel like finishing. If you want to see a post about the 7 + 1 Series I Mostly Likely Won't Finish then go ahead and check out this post. I have that annoying habit with series where I sort of get bored somewhere along the way so any kind of encouragement to continue these series is welcomed. :)

In no particular order. 



Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
books read: 1/5
   
 

I actually really loved Obsidian but I only own the first three books and I don't want to continue the series until I have all five right in front of me. I can take binge reading to entirely new levels so maybe I'll finish the four books in one day. Christmas break, I'm looking at you. 

Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot 
books read: 2/3
  

I love love love this series and I own all three books, so why haven't I picked up Awaken yet? Because I don't remember the details of the first two novels thus I feel like I should re-read them but this past year I wasn't really up for that so this series is on hold for the time being.

Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
books read: 13/15
   
    
       
  

I'm not sure if my reluctance to continue the series is because the books are becoming less and less original or I'm just super bored of these characters. I think it might be the combination of these things. The last couple of novels were full of additional drama that I absolutely couldn't stand. Please tell me the last book ends with an epic bang or at least a super happy ending. 

The Coincidence series by Jessica Sorensen
books read: 5/7
- though I skipped The Certainty of Violet & Luke because I was more interested in Callie and Kayden
   
  

This is one of those series that I really enjoy but somehow I always find something else to read instead because when I'm not currently reading them these novels just don't seem like they belong to the priority category. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll get around the last two novels sooner rather than later if only because I can't wait to see how the author wraps up the whole series. 

The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
books read: 3/4
  

This might just be one of my all time favorite series so it's pretty surprising that I still haven't read Sinner. The reason is pretty easy though: the first three covers match perfectly, they look absolutely gorgeous next to each other... now, Sinner would ruin that. And I have enough series that don't match without ruining the perfect harmony that Shiver, Linger and Forever have. *sad sigh* I know, I'm a shallow, shallow girl when it comes to book covers. 

The Cemetery of Forgotten book by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
books read: 1/3
  

 I loved loved loved The Shadow of the Wind so upon finishing it I started purchasing Zafón's book whenever I had the chance. Only problem? I accidently mixed up the titles in my head and ended up purchasing The Midnight Places instead of The Angel's Game. So now I have the first and the third book, but no worries I've just ordered the second one online.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
books read: 1/2
 

I heard very mixed things about Go Set a Watchman and I even know why so many people find it hard to connect to the first novel. Only thing I can say is that hopefully Harper Lee will be able to make me love her novel even though one of the characters turns out to be a disappointment, or so I heard. 

Heather Wells by Meg Cabot
books read: 3/5
  
 

This series is just so much fun and I love Heather. Now that she finally got her happy ending (sort of) in Big Boned, I'm hoping for even more heartwarming scenes than before. 

Thrillogy by Todd Strasser 
books read: 1/3
  

I read Wish You Were Dead more than a year ago and while it did not become one of my favorite mysteries, it was definitely enjoyable enough to add the other two books in the trilogy to my to-buy list. 

Jasper Dent by Barry Lyga 
books read: 1/3
  

Despite that I "only" rated I Hunt Killers 4 stars, it was one of my favorite books last year. The story sucked me in completely and I can't wait to find out more sickening details about Jasper's father. Jasper himself was such a well-developed and interesting character that I won't be forgetting about him anytime soon. More than that the supporting characters were all unique and memorable. Why haven't I continued this yet!? 


26 comments:

  1. If you liked Obsidian I would recommend you to finish the whole series. It was so much fun to read in my opinion. J.L. Armentrout has a way of writing her novels that it's just too addictive for our own good.
    I need to read The Cementery of Forgotten Books by Zafón. I'm ashamed I haven't done so before. I mean, he's one of the greatest contemporary Spanish authors. I own the first book, so I will try and read it before the end of the year. I also need to read To Kill a Mockingbird, but I'm not so sure about reading Go Set a Watchman after the scandal surrounding its publication. If Lee, when she was younger, didn't want that novel to see the light, people should have respected that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely planning on finishing the Lux series, I already love the characters to pieces. The Cemetery of Forgotten Books is one of the BEST books I've ever read. Every single detail connects in the end and all the reader's questions are answered. I'm sure you'll enjoy To Kill a Mockingbird! I'm not a 100% sure I'll be reading Go Set a Watchman either but at the moment it's still on my TBR. You're right about Lee's wishes, though.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Sinner yet either, but I really need too! I'm not that fussy when it comes to book covers, but I can understand why that would be frustrating. Why couldn't it had followed the same scheme?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Sinner, despite the cover. Honestly, I wouldn't even have a problem with the different cover if the first three novels hadn't been so freaking beautiful. Simply elegance.

      Delete
  3. You haven't read the Lux series, noooooo! That's not okay! I haven't finished The Wolves of Mercy Falls series either, I have the last two books to read. And I really want to read Harper Lee's books.

    Nicole
    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleas don't kill me! :D I do want to but... I'm just never in the mood. And I don't have all the books. Hope you'll love Forever and that Sinner will live up to the rest of the series.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Go Set a Watchman. You just have to keep an open mind while reading, and remember it was actually written before To Kill a Mockingbird (so there are some inconsistencies) and it was barely edited at all (it's basically like reading an ARC). But over all I thought it was well-written, and just as relevant to society now as it would have been back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely try to read it with an open mind - thanks for the advice. I'm actually kind of intrigued about it but I can see why people are bothered by it. Atticus is such an iconic character and no one wants the image of a character destroyed who they've loved possibly since their early years.

      Delete
  5. That's a great list you have here and I hope you do enjoy them when you get the chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I get lost inside of series a lot, too. I did read GO SET A WATCHMAN because I love TKAM so much that I just had to, you know? I can see why there's been such a big stink over the book, but honestly, I didn't hate it. I think it offers some interesting insight on the different between how a child sees the world and how an adult does. You should definitely read it.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pick it up one of these days. I'm very interested in seeing how the author will pull of such a huge change in one of the main characters. Hopefully, I'll be one of those people who enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  7. I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, and I think Sinner is my favorite of the series. Maybe I'm biased, though, since Isabel was always my favorite character, especially in the later two books. So, basically, read Sinner as soon as possible.

    Thanks for stopping by Writing on a Vintage Typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Isabel's character as well, so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. Also, I've always been super-interested in Cole, so can't wait! :)

      Delete
  8. The Cemetery of Forgotten Books intrigues me... My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should read it - one of the best books I've ever read. :)

      Delete
  9. I totally wanna read The Wolves of Mercy Falls one day! I've heard tons of great things about shiver and once again, that's a book that had tons of hype when I was in middle school. This is a great list and hopefully you'll get to reading the rest of those books soon! :)

    Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll enjoy the series! Maggie Stiefvater is one of the most talented authors out there. :)

      Delete
  10. I need to read Sinner too! And, I need to keep up with Jasper Dent. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, Sinner is as good as people say. Jasper Dent is such an awesome series, I can even!

      Delete
  11. How is anyone supposed to read a 15 book series? Although now that I think of it, I've probably done that with a few mystery series. Sheesh, though! Also, what on earth possessed them to make the cover of Sinner so different from the others? I didn't particularly like Shiver, actually, but was still tempted to buy the series because of the covers alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Ain't nobody got time for that. :D And patience. I'm so mad at the cover designer... the first three covers are so simply gorgeous but the fourth is such a huge disappointment. :(

      Delete
  12. I was honestly so disappointed by the last Lux book. So unfulfilling! I haven't tried Go Set A Watchman yet, but I am not too optimistic... Nice picks!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noo, I hate when a series finale is a disappointment. :( Hope you'll enjoy Go Set A Watchman. Thanks, Rachel!

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)