Tuesday, September 29

Ten Books To Read If You Like These Super-Popular Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and today's topic is the Ten Books To Read If You Liked X. So basically I'll be recommending you less well-known books, based on super-popular books. Wish me luck because I'm so very bad at making lists like this today's topic. :)



What do they have in common?
  • Genres: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Chick Lit, Collage
  • Some of the main topics: abuse, self-acceptance, young parents
  • New protagonists in every book - appearances of the previous main characters
  • Great group of friends
  • Realistic portrayal of supportive and dysfunctional families
Reviews: 


 What do they have in common?
  • Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary, High School
  • Tomboy main character who finds herself in a completely new environment
  • Has unexpected feelings for a close friend
Reviews: 

What do they have in common? 
  • Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction, High School, Death, Suicide

  What do they have in common?
  • Genres: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller, Mental Health, Death, High School
  • MCs have delusional moments when they think they see dead people
  • MCs find amazing new friends who help them
  • MCs' families have an important role in the novels
Reviews: 

 What do they have in common? 
  • Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Realistic Fiction, War
  • Male protagonists suffer from PTSD
  • They both lost their friend(s) in war
Reviews:


   What do they have in common?
  • Genres: Young Adult, Dystopian, Romance
  • Books take place in a universe that has a historical feeling to it
  • There's no equality between women and men
Reviews of: 


  What do they have in common? 
  • Genres: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller, Crime, Suspense, Romance, Realistic Fiction
  • A group of friends are on a vacation when one friend is killed, most likely by one of them
  • Snippets of the characters' pasts are revealed throughout the story to help us solve the mystery


       What do they have in common?
    • Genres: Adult, Romance, Chick Lit, Humour, Ghosts
    • Moving on after someone dies

     What do they have in common? 
    • Genres: Middle Grade, Contemporary, Coming of Age, Realistic Fiction
    • Main characters have some kind of disability that makes them stand out from the other kids
    Review of Wonder
























    What do they have in common?
    • Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, High School, Chick Lit
    • Student-teacher relationship
    Review of Slammed

    24 comments:

    1. I haven't read any of these books :c I think I should start now ! I've actually have 13 reasons why coming in the mail so I may start there on your list ! (which is super great and love the graphics !) My TTT is here

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You definitely should because all of them are SUPER-GOOD. Hope you'll enjoy 13 Reasons Why and thank you so much! :)

        Delete
    2. I've read a three of the books you have mentioned and I think I'm gonna check out Out of My Mind since Wonder was my favourite read last year. I didn't really like Slammed and I don't think I'm much of a NA fan if I'm honest especially since most of the time it's contemporary and I don't tend to enjoy that very much. I did enjoy Don't Look Back but I've been hearing mixed things about All Fall Down so I'm skeptical about it since I'm having troubles with YA lately :S

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Out of My Mind was such a meaningful read, I learnt a lot from it - maybe even more than from Wonder. Yeah.. I wasn't a huge fan of Slammed either but I really like When Summer Ends when I read it years ago. I honestly don't understand why so many people hate on All Fall Down - it's one of my favorite books this year. But I totally get why you wouldn't be excited about it thanks to the negative reviews.

        Delete
    3. I want to give Out of my Mind a try! I really love those middle-grade, coming of age books because I feel like they have much more meaning than people think.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes yes, do that! Out of My Mind was one of the most meaningful novels I've ever read - I LOVED IT.

        Delete
    4. Great list! And the way you set it up is really pretty, too :) I am adding You Are Mine by Janeal Falor to my wishlist!

      My TTT.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Yay, glad you're doing that because it's such an underrated novel. Hope you'll enjoy. :)

        Delete
    5. Great list! I've only read Twenties Girl so far, but I really enjoyed it! I'll have to check out Heaven Can't Wait sometime! The Winner's Curse, Wonder and Making Faces are on my tbr, and I'm hoping to get to some of them soon!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks! Ooh, do that! If you liked Twenties Girl, you'll surely enjoy Heaven Can Wait as well -same light mood mixed with more meaningful parts. Hope you'll enjoy all these novels. :)

        Delete
    6. I'm putting All Fall Down on my tbr. Thanks

      ReplyDelete
    7. I really like that you listed the things the books had in common! I didn't think about doing that for mine until after I'd already posted. Great list!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, so glad you liked my list! :)

        Delete
    8. What brilliant recommendations! :-) I want to check out a few of these!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hope you found something you like. :)

        Delete
    9. I really liked Thirteen Reasons Why so I'm interested to read its recommendation. Apparently there's a lot of dark humor in My Heart And Other Black Holes :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. There definitely is - it's also greatly written and the characters are really awesome as well - totally relatable. Hope you'll enjoy the novel!

        Delete
    10. i really appreciate your breakdown of what they have in common!! My TTT

      ReplyDelete
    11. I loved Dangerous Girls, so I'll have to try Cruel Summer, I looked it up on Goodreads and it sounds really cool!
      My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/top-ten-tuesday-24/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is, though not quite as good as DG but again what is?

        Delete
    12. Great list! There's definitely a few of these that I need to check out! :)

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)