Wednesday, August 5

The Lunar Chronicles Read Along: Cinder



Hello lovelies! As you have probably guessed from the image above I'm going to participate in The Lunar Chronicles Read Along hosted by Brittany from The Book Addict's Guide. I'm so so SO excited to be participating in this read along because this is my absolute favorite series at the moment - okay, this and Raven Cycle - and it's been awhile since I finished Cress so a memory refreshment is much needed. In this post I'm going to tell you a bit about this event and the special posts I'm planning on doing during the first book's, Cinder's reread. 



First of all let me say that I'm sending all my respect to Brittany who's basically hosting this whole thing on her own which is unbelievable.  

The read along starts/started on August 1st and is ending on December 7th which means there's one month to read each book. The schedule looks like this: 

  • CINDER: August 1 – August 31
  • SCARLET: September 1 – September 30
  • CRESS: October 1 – October 31
  • WINTER: November 10 – December 7

As you can see Fairest is not on the list but - as Brittany said - you'll have time to read that in the ten days between Cress and Winter. 

Don't worry about the fact that the read along has already started! You're not at all late, you can still join in the fun! Actually, you can join anytime you want, so this event is perfect for those who've already started the series and need a little encouragement to continue on with the sequels and even for those who only want to read Winter


Now, let's get to those special posts I was writing about before. Brittany offers a variety of interesting/cool posts to choose from for those who want to do more than read and review the book. As this month is dedicated to Cinder, we're talking about Cinderella related post ideas, these are: 

  • Crushing on Kai | Celebrity Crushes
  • Books with Royalty
  • Favorite Sci-Fi (novels, movies, etc)
  • Which of Cinder’s cyborg features would you want?
  • Cinderella parallels within the book
  • Cinderella retellings

The bold points are the posts I'm most interested in doing, but if I have enough time and things to write about I'll do the Favorite Sci-Fi post as well. Some of these I'm going to do alone, some with my super-awesome co-blogger, Ruzaika, but one thing's for sure: this promises to be a lot of fun!

Hopefully, I was able to make you want to consider participating. If the answer is yes - or you just simply want to know more - go ahead and check out Brittany's opening post where you can find answers to all the questions you might still have. Also, that's the place where the participants can add their blogs to the linky widget so what are you waiting for? Head over there! 

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun! I probably don't have the time to participate myself, although I was planning to reread Cress before Winter comes out. I'll just follow the posts everyone else publishes on their blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! I'm so excited to see everyone else's posts! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for this readalong! I'm definitely looking forward to your posts and I can't wait to see what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited for your posts too! Can't wait to see the ideas you hinted on your blog to post before the publication of Winter. :)

      Delete
  3. YAY! Thank you so much for joining in and for sharing!!! I'm SO excited for the read along and it's been so much fun so far hearing from everyone who's joined. Thanks for including so many details in your post! I can't wait to see all these "bonus" posts from everyone too! :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of dreading having to reread the series all alone, not having anyone to rave about it, so I'm super thankful for the opportunity!
      Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh I wish I could participate but I don't even OWN any of these yet and not sure I can justify going out and buying them all just yet :( It looks like a great readalong though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad because this promises to be all kinds of awesome. But I do get that you can't just go and buy the whole series out of the blue.

      Delete
  5. I've read all the released books except Fairest, and since I own it, I'll HOPEFULLY be joining in time to knock that out before Winter is released. Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series, so I'm excited to be reading alongside others who have read and loved it as much as I did, and others who are just being introduced to the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you'll be able to join in after Cress and read the rest of the series with us. I'm so very excited for this! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh this sounds good! Hopefully I'll jump onto this next month with Scarlet - perfect timing for me to read it! Looking forward to seeing your Cinder related posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad you're planning on joining. Hope you'll like them. :D

      Delete
  7. I actually wanted to sign up for this at first, but decided against it, because, I am a mood reader, and I really can't predict whether my mood would be in favour of the series or not.
    Anyway, good luck with the readalong Ronni! I really love this series, and I am looking forward to see your corresponding posts!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well, I'm sad you didn't sign up but I get that these kind of read alongs are not for everyone. Thanks, hun. <3 Hope you'll enjoy the posts I have in mind.

      Delete
  8. Out of the entire Lunar Chronicles series, I've only read Cinder, but unfortunately, it just wasn't a favorite of mine. However, I'm interested in giving the other Lunar books a try, so maybe I'll join this read along! Thanks for sharing, Veronika!

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a pity. I know of others, though, who weren't a huge fan of Cinder but as the series progressed they fell in love with the story and characters. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the other books more too. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)