Tuesday, July 21

Ten Diversity Books I'd Love to Read

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello lovelies. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is the  Top Ten Books That Celebrate Diversity. I really love diversity books, though I have to admit I haven't read that many. So today, instead of doing the real topic, I'm going to make a list of the ten Diversity books I want to read. Hope you'll enjoy. And remember, I'm always in for recommendations. :) 



1. None of the Above by I. W. Gregorio

2. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed


3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee


4. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

5. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda


6. I'll Give You the Sun


7. Far From You by Tess Sharpe


8. Fanart by Sarah Tregay 


9. Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine


10. Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters 

In honor of the actual topic here are two books that celebrate diversity that my co-blogger, Ruzaika, and I would personally recommend:

Click on the covers for review.
     


Have you read any of these books? Should I put any of them in the front of my TBR list? Share with me your TTTs in the comments. :) 

16 comments:

  1. I love your list! Eleanor & Park and I'll Give You The Sun are two of my absolute favorite books, and both definitely belong on here!

    http://sarah-inkstains.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I forget to add To Kill a Mockingbird!?!

    Check out my TTT and my leg of the Forsworn Blog Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor and Park is by far one of my favourite books because of how unique it is! I have yet to read None of the Above, but I hear it's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I heard nothing but awesome things about None of the Above so far, so I have huge expectations. :)

      Delete
  4. Ohh I’d really like to read Written In the Stars! I’ve never read anything similar, so it’d be a totally new experience for me.

    I’ll Give You the Sun and Far From You were AMAZING. I liked Sun better, since FFY’s mystery is a bit meh for me. But Sun is so touching and I loved the writing style too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about Written in the Stars! Hope it won't let us down. :)

      Oh, I'm sorry to hear FFY's mystery sucks... I was really looking forward to it... :( Anyways, I'm glad you still loved it. :) And I absolutely can't wait to read I'll Give You the Sun, heard great things about it.

      Delete
  5. I've heard of a few books you listed but I'm very embarrassed to say I've read none :/ not even To Kill a Mockingbird even though I own it but I just never find the time. I also need to read Eleanor & Park because I really loved Fangirl and I honestly don't know why this book isn't on my read pile as of yet..... I'm failing at priorities hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same way with To Kill a Mockingbird, had it for more than a year but I never seem to find time for it. :)

      Delete
  6. Put down everything and read either Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda or To Kill a Mockingbird! Like, seriously. Also? Eleanor & Park and None of the Above are both really good YAs. And I'm on board with you on the I-want-to-read-I'll-Give-You-the-Sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually planning on reading To Kill a Mockingbird this summer, hope it'll actually happen now haha. I'm glad you loved all these books and hope you'll enjoy I'll Give You the Sun.

      Delete
  7. Some amazing books on your list. I loved E&P and Mockingbird. The rest are all on my TBR list, except My Sister which is being added right now! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I'm glad you enjoyed them and hope you'll love the others as well. :)

      Delete
  8. I'll Give You the Sun is one of my favorites ever!!! I have so much love for that book! <3 Eleanor & Park and Written in the Stars are so so good, too! :) I have Simon, Fanart and None of the Above on my TBR and can't wait to read them. :)

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved I'll Give You the Sun because I'm super-excited for that book! Written in the Stars is another one I'm eagerly waiting to read. Hope you'll enjoy the rest as well. :)

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)