Sunday, July 26

{Guest Post by Emily Reads Everything} Bookshelf Tour


Hello lovelies. It's the fourth week of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour and we're very excited to introduce you to Emily from Emily Reads Everything.



Hi, I’m Emily from Emily Reads Everthing. I really appreciate Veronika and Ruzi for having me stretch myself on their blog today. They asked me to do a tour of my bookshelves. This is not something I’ve done before and not something I would have thought of doing on my own. I hope you enjoy seeing a little of what I have on my shelves at home.

I say a little because I have moved a lot in my life. We have moved 10 times in the last ten years and we are looking at another move in the next year. I usually read E-books because I’ve learned over the years that books are heavy. I want to move as few books as possible. Also, even though we have lived in this house for almost a year, I’ve always known it was a temporary stop. We are renting and this house doesn’t fit our needs 100%. Even when we moved in we knew that it wasn’t forever. So, I haven’t even unpacked all my books. When I agreed to this, I thought it would be a great excuse to get the rest of my books out. However, while I was working on this post, I realized that it doesn’t make sense them all just to repack them in the next year. In the end, I decided to keep them boxed.

Finally, If I own a book, it means that it's very special to me. I don’t own books that don’t have meaning. Enjoy :)

The most important book in this picture is right in the center! Boy’s Life by Robert McCammon. I’ve reread it so many times, this is my 2nd copy inscribed by my best friend since 8th grade. She gave it to me for my birthday in 1997!


Rachel Caine and Simon R. Green, two of my favorites. Plus in the back corner is a stack of Serendipity books from my childhood.



20150725_134103.jpg
Here are some of my favorite Hardcovers! George R.R. Martin, Robert Asprin and .J.R.R. Tolkien

20150725_134055.jpg
The hardcovers continue on the next shelf with Dean Koontz, but here you can also see the start of my graphic novels. Those are…

20150725_134725.jpg
Continued on...
20150725_134133.jpg
The next two shelfs!


20150725_134158.jpg
Finally, here is my last hardcover shelf. Jim Butcher and Jacqueline Carey.

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the books I treasure as much as I enjoyed taking the pictures and putting this together for you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you moved 10 times in ten years? O_O

    I might consider reading Boy's Life! Looked at the blurb and a few reviews on Goodreads, and it sounds quirky enough for my tastes ;).

    Also...I want your toy collection! especially Wall-E and the little tree. I'm NOT going to grow up...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)