Thursday, June 18

NEWS: New Blog Name, Design and a Co-Blogger

Hey guys! 

Okay, so you're probably wondering, where the heck is the new name and design. The answer to that question is that the changes will be applied tomorrow. I thought it's a good idea to inform you beforehand about all of this, especially the name change, so you won't get confused when you see an unknown blog name in your feed. Ruzaika is unbelievably excited - so much that she can't seem to shut up - so let's just start with her introduction, alright? Let me introduce Ruzaika, my new co-blogger!


Hello all you lovely, lovely people!

Yay!!! It's so so SO exciting to finally meet y'all! I’m Ruzaika Rifaideen, aged 20. I'm a first-year psychology student with quite a bit of free time- which is only possible because I chose the part-time course due to transport issues and blah-di-blah. I’ll be frequently contributing a little bit of my craziness to this wonderful blog.

I have to say I was completely swept off my feet when Vera first proposed this idea to me. I first came across the amazing Veronika when she was hosting her first blogoversary giveaway. I was compelled to check out her other posts as well because of her totally down-to-earth manner of writing and I noticed that she took the time to reply to each and every comment on her blog! I know very few bloggers do that nowadays and it’s really nice! Anyway, I found myself frequently checking out her posts even though I had never been a big fan of book reviews earlier due to the fact that quite a lot of them had spoilt many a book for me in the past. 

Well, what really sealed the deal was Michael Moscovitz from The Princess Diaries :D I was so excited to find someone whose first book crush had been Michael since he definitely was mine! That’s where our friendship started and that’s what brought us together to the extent of co-blogging.

Oh, by the way, don’t you worry, my poor, tortured souls- I’m NOT going to monopolize the posts! I’ll just help bring a few different perspectives into this blog while crossing my fingers all the way, hoping you’ll accept me! 

Toodles! x

Well, that was Ruzaika. Even after learning how sweet and awesome she is you might still be surprised by these turn of events. I stated various times, that I would never ever look for a co-blogger because I couldn't even imagine sharing my baby with someone else. Besides the fact that I've already known Ruzi for a while, what made me change my mind was a post I read about co-blogging that listed all pros and cons of finding a co-blogger, namely I'm talking about Melanie's post over at YA Midnight Reads. Her post really shows the highlights of co-blogging and I just felt like maybe I should at least ask Ruzaika if she's interested. Would I have searched for another blogger if she refused? I don't think so. For me it had to be someone I knew, and the only other people I know and are interested in blogging already have their own blog. I'm not planning on talking a lot about co-blogging, as I said you can find out all about it if you read Melanie's post but still I want to share my personal reasons. 

I stress over every single thing and blogging is no exception. I get super-anxious whenever I don't have anything to post or when I don't feel like writing reviews for a week or so. Going on a hiatus was never a choice for me, I can't imagine not posting for more than four days. Scheduling ahead of time is yet again something that does not work for me because I call myself lucky when I have 3 reviews completely ready. What made me doubt that I can keep blogging as much as I do now is that I'll be a senior next year and I'll have four very important exams right after each other, not counting the oral exams later on. It's not only that small period of time that I might need to reduce the time I spend on blogging but I'll need loads of time to get ready for these exams. For instance, I'm so behind in Maths, I think the last time I fully understood something was in elementary school. *awkward silence* And don't even get me started on History!

Let's take this conversation to happier grounds. Sometimes within the course of tomorrow I'll be changing the whole appearance of the blog. We already have a brand new header and banner ready with the name "The Regal Critiques" written on them. Just so you know, the color was a hint, you guys. I'll tell you all about the design (not the boring parts, though) and Ruzi will share with you why we chose the name. Also, there'll be a giveaway involved there, a totally international one. 

We've been preparing this whole thing for weeks now and both of us are very excited for you to see what we did with the blog. I already love co-blogging with Ruzi even though we've barely started it so I feel like this is going to be awesome!  


Don't forget to look for The Regal Critiques in your feed tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Good luck and welcome Ruzaika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roberta! I'm so excited!! *squealing*

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging community Ruzaika! I can't wait to see the new design :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christy! The blogging community is so awesome already ๐Ÿ˜Š I'm sure you'd love our new design- we certainly do!

      Delete
  3. Welcome Ruzaika!I can't wait to see what's to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We hope you fall head over heels in love with our new design and all there is to come!

      Delete
  4. Welcome Ruzaika! Your name is so pretty ^_^
    And I can't wait for the big reveal tomorrow, you guys! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Divya! You've a cute name too <3 Be sure to check our blog out tomorrow. We are so excited!

      Delete
  5. Welcome Ruzaika! And I can't wait to see your new blog & header Veronika!

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie! I can assure you- You'd LOVE our new look!! :))

      Delete
  6. Welcome, Ruzaika! I'm definitely excited to see the new look.
    I don't think I could ever co-blog with anyone - but I totally understand that it would take a bit of the pressure off. And it's probably a great way to get introduced into the blogging world. I wish you two the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I totally understand how you feel about co-blogging. I was pretty surprised myself when Vera suggested it to me since she had told me only a million times about how she feels about sharing the blog with anyone! :)

      Delete
  7. WELL I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND VERY MUCH CLEARLY. VERONIKA, THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! I hope everything works out and that you love co-blogging. AND I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE THE NEW DESIGN AND THAT NAME IS SO CUTE.

    And Ruzaika--welcome!! Can't wait to see comes next for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Holly! THANK YOU! :)) We really hope you love everything coming up here!

      Delete
  8. OMG, I've been absent in the blogosphere only for a few days, and I come back to huge changes like this!:)
    Anyway, hi Ruzaika!:) *waves* I am so excited that you're joining Ronnie and I am looking forward to see what you guys have planned for Regal Critiques!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mishma :) We sure won't let you down. Just you wait and watch- we are soo amazing :D <3

      Delete
  9. Hello there, Ruzaika! Welcome to the blogosphere :)
    HOW DID I MISS THIS?! HOW COULD I HAVE OVERLOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THIS?! I step away from social media for one week and miss this drama!
    It's great that you started co-blogging, Veronika, and I can't wait to hear more from Ruzaika. I LOVE the new design, especially the header. I hope you two have loads of fun blogging together :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ranu! Serves you right for daring to step away from the blogging world- you almost missed the event of the century :D Glad you liked the new design <3 I'm so excited about co-blogging and can't wait to show you all what I have up my sleeve :))

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)