Monday, May 25

Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hello lovelies. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is: Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer. I don't know about you but I made my list out of books that I haven't yet read, which means that I really would love to hear what you thought about them if you've read them. So don't be shy and tell me if any of the following books were either outstandingly great or on the contrary weren't to your liking. You know, I have to decide somehow which to read/buy. :) 



My darling Cecilia, if you’re reading this, then I’ve died...

Imagine that your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret—something with the potential to destroy not just the life you built together, but the lives of others as well. Imagine, then, that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive. . . .
Cecilia Fitzpatrick has achieved it all—she’s an incredibly successful businesswoman, a pillar of her small community, and a devoted wife and mother. Her life is as orderly and spotless as her home. But that letter is about to change everything, and not just for her: Rachel and Tess barely know Cecilia—or each other—but they too are about to feel the earth-shattering repercussions of her husband’s secret.




It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.




Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.







Becky Bloomwood has what most twenty-five-year-olds only dream of: a flat in London's trendiest neighborhood, a troupe of glamorous socialite friends, and a closet brimming with the season's must-haves. The only trouble is, she can't actually afford it --- not any of it. Her job writing atSuccessful Saving magazine not only bores her to tears, it doesn't pay much at all. Still, how can she resist that perfect pair of shoes? Or the divine silk blouse in the window of that ultra-trendy boutique? But lately Becky's been chased by dismal letters from Visa and the Endwich Bank --- letters with large red sums she can't bear to read --- and they're getting ever harder to ignore. She tries cutting back; she even tries making moremoney. But none of her efforts succeeds. Her only consolation is to buy herself something ... just a little something ...

Finally, a story arises that Becky actually cares about, and her front-page article catalyzes a chain of events that will transform her life --- and the lives of those around her --- forever.

When Julia Buchanan enrolls at St. Anne’s at the beginning of junior year, Charlotte Ryder already knows all about the former senator’s daughter. Most people do... or think they do.

Charlotte certainly never expects she’ll be Julia’s friend. But almost immediately, she is drawn into the larger than-life-new girl’s world—a world of midnight rendezvous, dazzling parties, palatial vacation homes, and fizzy champagne cocktails. And then Charlotte meets, and begins falling for, Julia’s handsome older brother, Sebastian.

But behind her self-assured smiles and toasts to the future, Charlotte soon realizes that Julia is still suffering from a tragedy. A tragedy that the Buchanan family has kept hidden... until now.


When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend— two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.

The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party — three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.








When Val Jensen gets dumped for her decision to stay a virgin until marriage, the nasty breakup goes viral on YouTube, making her the latest internet sensation.

After days of ridicule from her peers, Val starts a school-wide campaign to rally support for her cause. She meant to make a statement, but she never dreamed the entire nation would get caught up in the controversy.

As if becoming nationally recognized as “Virgin Val” isn’t enough, Val’s already hectic life starts to spin wildly out of control when bad boy Kyle Hamilton, lead singer for the hit rock band Tralse, decides to take her abstinence as a personal challenge.

How can a girl stay true to herself when this year’s Sexiest Man Alive is doing everything in his power to win her over?

It’s been years since Carly Vega’s parents were deported. She lives with her brother, studies hard, and works at a convenience store to contribute to getting her parents back from Mexico.

Arden Moss used to be the star quarterback at school. He dated popular blondes and had fun with his older sister, Amber. But now Amber’s dead, and Arden blames his father, the town sheriff who wouldn’t acknowledge Amber's mental illness. Arden refuses to fulfill whatever his conservative father expects.

All Carly wants is to stay under the radar and do what her family expects. All Arden wants is to NOT do what his family expects. When their paths cross, they each realize they’ve been living according to others. Carly and Arden’s journey toward their true hearts—and one another—is funny, romantic, and sometimes harsh.

I lived in paradise, and I loved Spencer Pierce.

At fourteen, my life was perfect. The beach was my playground, and the boy who stole my heart lived just around the corner. But perfect never lasts. In one horrifying moment, I lost it all. My family was destroyed, and the boy I believed in turned his back on me. Paradise became a nightmare.

That was five years ago. Everything changed when we moved from our home by the sea. I’ve changed, and I don’t like who I’ve become. I miss the smiling, carefree beach girl who disappeared that terrible night. I want to find her again. I want to face the people we ran from so long ago. Most of all, I have to face Spencer. So I can prove that when he broke my heart, he didn’t break me.

But when I see him again, Spencer Pierce is no longer the boy from my memories. He’s now a man who could devastate me if I let him. He watches me when he thinks I’m not looking. There’s regret written on his face when he’s near. Each time I see him, my heart aches for what might have been, and I think his does too. How can I convince myself I’m over him when I suspect he never got over me?

Have any of you read these books? Please only say good things about The Geography of You and Me because I've already bought it haha. Anyone up for a buddy-read to these books? :)) 

Share with me YOUR TTTs, I'm dying to see what you'll be carrying in your summer bags. Who knows, maybe I'll find some awesome book to read thanks to you, because I don't have more than 500 books on my TBR already. 

33 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun list! And very cute too with all the contemporaries :) You can't go wrong with Jennifer E. Smith's books! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't wait to read The Geography but I heard mixed things about it, so I'm really glad you think her books are great. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't care what other books you're planning on reading, but you just HAVE to go ahead with Confessions of a Shopaholic (about time haha)- oh and I'd love to re-read it with you! A close second in my recommendations would be The Husband's Secret. You'd be missing out big-time if you didn't read it. Next is Along for the Ride (it was really good) and then V is for Virgin. The latter was quite good, but I was somehow unsatisfied with it because even though the story had so much potential, I felt it could have been a bit more. Anyway, the first two are must-reads! You can't NOT read them. I can't comment on the rest of the books because I'm afraid I haven't read them either. Hope you like what you end up buying! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I'll enjoy The Confessions of a Shopaholic, bc I'm pretty sure you'd never speak to me again if I hated it haha. I've already ordered The Husband's Secret so it better be good. Oh, I'm sad to hear you weren't completely satisfied with V is for Virgin. It sounds like such a fun novel and I heard great things about it. At least I'll have someone to complain to if I find it sucky. Thanks. :))

      Delete
  3. Lovely choices on your list, they aren't the kind of books that I would usually read but I can see why they would be great beach reads. I've only read TGOYAM but I can confirm that it would make an AWESOME beach read in m opinion too!

    My TTT  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you like TGOYAM, I heard kind of mixed things about it so you liking it really makes me feel better.

      Delete
  4. Losing it is great! The geography of You and Me has been on my TBR since it was released and I hope I'll get to it soon, other books gets added and it keeps getting bumped down. I read a Confessions of a Shopaholic and I honestly don't understand the hype, hope you like it more than I did!

    Here are my picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I'll enjoy Losing It as much as everyone seems to. I love humorous NA Romances so it looks right up my alley. I'm sad you didn't like Confessions of a Shopaholic, I really loved other books by Kinsella so I think I might enjoy it more than you did. :)

      Delete
  5. I feel like any Sarah Dessen book is perfect for the beach! The Geography of You and Me was ok, but I wasn't very impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit afraid of Dessen's books since reading The Moon and More, that book was such a disappointment considered to the other three or four novels I've read by her. Anyhow, I hope this'll turn out amazing so I can start Saint Anything happily. :)

      Delete
  6. Rebecca Bloomwoood?! Read it. You just have to.
    Enjoy your Summer!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this one friend who won't stop until I read it so it'll happen pretty soon haha.
      Thanks, you too! :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but I've loved all of Jennifer Smith's other books so it's on my to read list and I can't wait to read it. I also keep seeing 'The Fill in Boyfriend' popping up everywhere and I'm desperate to read it! I hope you enjoy these!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read two of her books, loved the one of them but wasn't impressed by the other. Hope this one fall into the first category for both of us. I really like On the Fence by Kasie West so I'm pretty sure this'll be just as amazing, or maybe even more so. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  8. The Husband's Secret made my top ten this week too! I'm so excited to red Liane Moriarty's stuff; I've heard excellent things about her writing! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard great things too so I was brave enough to purchase to of her books, hope her books won't disappoint neither of us. :)

      Delete
  9. Great list - I've added Even in Paradise to my list!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I should have put The Husband's Secret on my list, I've been meaning to read that one for forever!! Great list.

    http://hiddenstaircase.net/2015/05/26/ttt-ten-books-i-plan-to-have-in-my-beach-bag-this-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Geography of You and Me I've had on my tbr forever! Need to read it for sure this summer >.< I always hear about Sarah Dessen too but never picked up any of her books, could you recommend me one? Great list Veronika! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite books by her were The Truth about Forever and Just Listen but This Lullaby was pretty enjoyable too. Hope you'll enjoy them. Thanks, Emma. :)

      Delete
  12. You have a couple on here that I have read and enjoyed. Confessions of a Shopaholic is an especially fun summer read. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, hope it's as good as people say. Thanks. Happy reading to you too! :)

      Delete
  13. I just have to say that I love all your choices and am spotting some of my favourite books there (confessions of a shopaholic) and other ones that aren't favourites but were still good (the geography of you and me). I know you'll have a lot of fun reading these so happy reading Veronika! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed these books! I can't wait to read them and your positive opinion makes me a lot more confident in my choice to buy them ASAP. Happy reading to you too. :)

      Delete
  14. Sarah Dessen seems to be the Queen of Summery Fluff but I haven't read a single one of her books! *hides face* would this be the best Sarah Dessen book or are there better ones? :)

    Ohh and "Even In Paradise" has the most gorgeous summery cover ever *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite book by Sarah Dessen is definitely The Truth About Forever, after that comes Just Listen and after that This Lullaby. Really hope you'll enjoy these. :)

      Delete
  15. Ohh I should have put Even in Paradise on mine! I just bought a copy a few weeks ago and want to read it sometime this summer :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy it. :) I kind of heard mixed things about it but I still can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  16. There are some cute picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only two books I know are The Fill-In Boyfriend and Confessions of a Shopaholic (thanks to the film of course hahahaha) I know beach kinda calls for contemporaries but because I'm a weirdo I prefer to take huge books to the beach LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about the books because of the movie as well. You're not a weirdo! I can list to many beach reads, but tbh in the end I just take what I want, even if that is a huge ass fantasy book.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)