Thursday, May 14

Reader Problems Book Tag

The image was taken from Google. 

Hello lovelies. I love doing tags so it's surprising that I haven't done one in months but I'm back with the Reader Problems Book Tag. All thanks go to Amy and Nikki over at A Bookworm's Perfect Apple. Hope you'll enjoy. :)


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

It's hard to tell. I'm a mood reader so what book I'll be choosing next is unpredictable, at the least. There are always books I'm more interested in than in others, also some authors I just can't put aside for long. Was that a good enough answer? 

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?

For me to DNF a novel it has to be terrible but more than that I have to be a 100% bored and uninterested in the characters and the story. If I want to know how things will turn out even a tiny bit, I'll continue reading anything.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

Of course I try to catch up. I go for novellas of my favorite series and after that I read shorter books. Does that count as cheating? 

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?

I'll disappointed and sad but I'll deal. Why stress over the unchangeable? The content is the same so why care that much? 

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

I'll try to convince my friends to read it too and if that doesn't work out I'm sure I can find someone on the internet who hates the book as much as I do. 

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?

I don't cry on books. Ever. My heart might break for the characters but I won't cry. I think that's because I rarely cry in real life too. I might be a tiny bit heartless. :) *smiling like a maniac*

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?

There's a blog for this kind of purpose that I really love, though I don't know the name of it at the moment (I lost the paper I wrote it on). The bloggers there summarize all the important events in books so you won't have this kind of trouble. Anyone knows this blog? I could use a little help here.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

I don't, instead I lie like hell broke lose. If they haven't been to my house: I don't have the book. If they know I have it: I gave it to someone else for reading who'll probably read it for ages. If they want it even after this: I forgot I promised you and sold it/gave it away. I know that lying is probably worse than telling them politely that I don't want to lend it to them, but it's easier for me. Guess that sounds even worse than the heartless thing. Whatever, everything for the well being of my books. 
  

9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?

Four steps: 

  • I write out my favorite book quotes. 
  • I re-read parts of my favorite books. 
  • I try to find an easy read. 
  • I get back on track. 

Fortunately, I rarely have reading slumps. 


10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?

That depends on how much money I have, if my mom wants to present me with books, if there's a holiday. Mostly, I buy the ones I want to read THE MOST but it depends how many there are. Also, it depends on the price. 


11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?

As I said I'm a terribly moody reader, so that depends on a lot of things, maybe I won't be in the mood for that certain book for months. Maybe I'll start it on the way home, right after I bought it. 


I won't tag anyone, because I know most of you have already done this but do tell me your answers to these questions! :) 

18 comments:

  1. I'm a mood reader as well, but I also depend on how long I've been waiting for this new book. Then I'll read it right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that a lot of times too, but when five books come out on the same day... I might end up postponing one for a year or more haha.

      Delete
  2. I don't DNF as well but recently there have been a few books I thought about putting them down and never pick them again. Still, I keep reading. I'm all for wasting my time it appears LOL and lucky for me, my friends know I won't lent my books. Simple as that. My babies are mine and I don't trust even my family with them.... lucky for me, they don't really read in English so yay! and good for you on not having reading slumps... even so sometimes they are necessary so I can obsessed over a TV show or something hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really put books down either, I think I gave up on two or three books last year which is not many considered to the amount of books I read. My mind knows it'd be better for me to DNF them but I just can't do that. Also, I love writing negative reviews haha. You're lucky! I always feel super bad for abandoning reading for a tv show.

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure you're thinking about Recaptains for #7 :) It's really a very good idea as book amnesia is something I suffer from a LOT and sometimes there just aren't wikipedia entries for every single book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! That's exactly the blog I was looking for. I started to follow them so I can't lose the blog's name now. IKR? I'm so frustrated when I can't seem to find a detailed summary about a book anywhere.

      Delete
  4. I like how you deal with reading slumps, if I'm in a slump I avoid reading for three days and watch movies instead. I'm a mood reader as well, great answers <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours sounds like a good way too, only I'm not sure it would work for me because if I really get into a series, there's no stopping me after three days haha. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  5. How can you not cry in a book? I'm a huge crier when it comes to depressing books! I remember reading the 3rd installment of The Summer trilogy by Jenny Han, and I was bawling like a baby. It was a good thing my brother didn't walk in on my room or else he'd see what a terrible mess I was that day. Haha. :P But it's good that you barely tear up when it comes to books. People eye me weirdly when they see me shed a tear in public, haha.

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I don't think I'm heartless bc my heart is BREAKING for the characters but I've never cried on a book. I nearly cried while reading TFiOS, though. They eye me weirdly when I'm smiling on a book, not even laughing just smiling, so I can only imagine how they look at you when you cry haha.

      Delete
  6. I'm the same with DNFing - it's a last resort. Sometimes it's due to a reading slump though.
    I'm also the same with the Goodreads reading challenge lol. Last year I read a bunch of short books in the middle of the year because I was falling behind - it's the main reason I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower to be honest.
    Recaptains? Seriously the most helpful site out there.
    You have a great way of dealing with people wanting to borrow your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's mostly when I'm asked to review a book. I'd rather DNF-it than write a horrible review. Also, if it's really plain and leaves me totally bored I can't even write that much about it to start with so I just give up.
      Haha, I think most of us is doing the same thing.
      Thanks for the name, I started to follow them.
      Thanks, Sabrina. I don't think I've ever been complimented for lying haha.

      Delete
  7. Great minds think alike, Veronika. I've actually got this book tag all set to post on Monday! I so totally agree with you on DNFing a book - I (nearly) always have to know what happens even if I'm hating it.

    'A tiny bit heartless'? I've been told that I'm more than just a tiny bit heartless. (Course they are probably right.) I'm so glad to finally find someone else that doesn't cry over every little thing in books. Seriously, I love some of those emotional reviews, but when I don't get all choked up like everyone else...Let's just say it can be a very lonely place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who just can't cry on books or movies for that matter. It's so awkward when everyone cries on a scene but you. I went to watch TFiOS movie with my friends and both of them, even the kinda heartless one, were crying! I felt like the most heartless person on Earth. And questions like this make me sure I am actually that haha.

      Delete
  8. I'm a mood reader too, so that's a big reason on how I pick out which books to read next. Oh! And the blog you're talking of, is it Recaptains? I LOVE them but I always forget to check if they have recaps of books I'm not sure I should reread first or just jump into the sequel. And oh my gosh, I cry so. much. Especially if the book hits me really hard. And hahahaha your lies when someone asks if they can borrow a book. I need to steal some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm following them now so hopefully I won't lose sight of their blog again haha. Sometimes I wish I'd cry too but then realise that if I cried on books it would be uncomfortable for me to read in public.

      Delete
  9. Yay for mood readers! *high fives* I am one too, as I always do everything by instinct, but it's a bit of a tricky thing when it comes to ARCs. Because unless I have the urge to read them they'll sleep untouched in my kindle:)
    Oh,girl, how can you not cry over a book? I am a sucker for tearjerkers,and it doesn't take a lot for me to start the waterworks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high fives back* Same here. I'm always so excited to have new books but most of the time I won't pick them up for weeks, in many cases months. That's not something you should do with ARCs but I can't help it.
      How can you cry so much on books? That sounds impossible for me. :))

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)